* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

16 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Bart Scott was a worthless piece of sh!t when he played and not a GD thing has changed.

Lol. The same guy who called twisting an opponents already injured ankle 'putting a little hot sauce on it', calling someone else dirty...

IMG_20230103_232254.jpg

IMG_20230103_232303.jpg

I think the cities of Cincinnati and Buffalo see a little of themselves in the other city as well. 

- Neither city would likely be given an NFL team if the league was assigning them today. 

- Both have lost 3 and 4 Superbowls respectively. 

- Neither get the respect they deserve from the big coastal cities. 

7 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Damar's charity just passed $5 Million.

image.thumb.png.671c4ab819b994a5a312f717a50ae58c.png

Situations like this bring out the worst in some people, but it also brings out the best in people. This is proof, and the way this has been handled at all levels, from the fans to the players to the coaching staffs and ownerships of both teams, is further proof. 

I'm getting concerned by the lack of information today.  

I do wonder if he was placed in a hypothermic protocol in which case he will be cooled for a period of time before his mental status is reassessed.   Nine minutes of "down-time" is not *that* long given his arrest was witnessed and he got CPR quickly.  And he is young.  So still points to a good outcome - assuming he has no other problems and/or pre-existing heart issues that are now coming to light.  

More info on what hypothermia means here:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/therapeutic-hypothermia-after-cardiac-arrest

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230103_232254.jpg

IMG_20230103_232303.jpg

I think the cities of Cincinnati and Buffalo see a little of themselves in the other city as well. 

- Neither city would likely be given an NFL team if the league was assigning them today. 

Looking at Allen's eyes says it all..

Totally stunned with pain..

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230103_232254.jpg

IMG_20230103_232303.jpg

--Currently the only professional sports teams in their respective cities (tiReds don't count)

Shit, forgot about the Sabres.  Nevermind.  

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

I'm getting concerned by the lack of information today.  

I do wonder if he was placed in a hypothermic protocol in which case he will be cooled for a period of time before his mental status is reassessed.   Nine minutes of "down-time" is not *that* long given his arrest was witnessed and he got CPR quickly.  And he is young.  So still points to a good outcome - assuming he has no other problems and/or pre-existing heart issues that are now coming to light.  

More info on what hypothermia means here:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/therapeutic-hypothermia-after-cardiac-arrest

I thought I heard on local Cincy TV that hospital officials were not expecting any news today...and that was earlier today.  So that *COULD* suggest the protocol you mention above?

Just now, esjbh2 said:

I thought I heard on local Cincy TV that hospital officials were not expecting any news today...and that was earlier today.  So that *COULD* suggest the protocol you mention above?

I hope so, the lack of updates is concerning 

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

This means nothing.  I guess it can be considered good news in that if the reverse was true it would be horrible news.  His lungs are likely normal.  When patients are first placed on a ventilator, they are almost always started on 100% oxygen (room air is 21% oxygen).  After an arrest, you rather give a patient too much oxygen than too little.  About 30-60 minutes later, you check an arterial blood gas (ABG) that will likely show the oxygen levels on the patient are very high.  Then you gradually dial back the oxygen to 30-40%.  

You can be brain dead and have normal oxygen levels on a ventilator.  You can be in severe heart failure and have normal oxygen levels on a ventilator. 

This tells us nothing about the status of his brain or his heart which are more important.

His uncle said that his heart arrested yet again in the ambulance.  This is likely the reason they intubated him and perhaps have allowed him to rest for a long period of time while they conduct tests.  

Just like after the event, they said his heart was in normal rhythm people said that was good news.  Well it was good news in the sense that the alternative would mean he was going to die in the emergency room.  Len Bias and Hank Gathers both went into cardiac arrest and the doctors could never shock them out of it.  This is obviously a more favorable scenario.  

Until the media reports that he is moving all extremities or being taken off the ventilator, all of this means very little coming from a family member. 

6 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

His uncle said that his heart arrested yet again in the ambulance.  This is likely the reason they intubated him and perhaps have allowed him to rest for a long period of time while they conduct tests

So you don’t think they intubated him on the field? I thought I had read that they were giving him oxygen when they loaded him into the ambulance. Just curious. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So you don’t think they intubated him on the field? I thought I had read that they were giving him oxygen when they loaded him into the ambulance. Just curious. 

People who were watching on TV said they were giving him oxygen so I assumed that was by face mask as nobody said, "OMG, he has a tube in his mouth" - but I was at the game so couldn't see.  

Archived