Rats Week (Episode 2)

3 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

It's made me happy that Jackson has turned into a failure.  Still remember his implosion in the playoffs against TN.  Hasn't recovered since. 

True..

Should have added Justin Fiekds to the list.

Nor injured yet but its coming..

Bears are another shit organization.

7 hours ago, tibor75 said:

It's made me happy that Jackson has turned into a failure.  Still remember his implosion in the playoffs against TN.  Hasn't recovered since. 

I wouldn't call him a failure.  I think the biggest thing is he's a great regular season QB because teams that aren't  used to playing him don't really have time to prepare and really practice against his style (NFC teams see him once every 4 years?).  Even for a running QB he's more elusive than any other QB, ever.  Once the playoffs hit, you're playing better teams and (I think) teams dedicate more time/energy into coming up with ways to stop him...and let's be honest, the Ravens haven't put a ton around him to really help him succeed in the playoffs against said better teams.  He'll always have a great regular season record, but the playing field levels out in the playoffs due to quality of teams, better prep by those teams and lack of Ravens offensive talent.

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The Rats have a bunch to play for actually. 

While (at least for this week) they would be out of the division, a win against the Bengals has the potential to put them in JAX as a 6 Seed, with the expectation LAC wins and heads our way. A great matchup potential for them. 

And a win here keeps a flicker of hope alive, in the event the league decides to make up BUF-CIN and the Bengals lose that one. 

(Going off the Playoff Machine) 

The Rats don't need a win to stay in the 6 seed. They have that clinched. They can only move up to the 5 seed with a win against us and a LAC loss vs Denver. Furthermore Jax doesn't get the #6 seed. Jax gets the #5 seed, if they win the South. We will likely get the #6 seed in the playoffs

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

The Rats don't need a win to stay in the 6 seed. They have that clinched. They can only move up to the 5 seed with a win against us and a LAC loss vs Denver. Furthermore Jax doesn't get the #6 seed. Jax gets the #5 seed, if they win the South. We will likely get the #6 seed in the playoffs

…pretty sure the winner of the South gets the #4 seed.  

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

…pretty sure the winner of the South gets the #4 seed.  

I think the division winners get a home game regardless of their record? Seeding only determines opponents & who gets the bye in the wildcard round. Round 2 is where the seeding determines home field.

For example the Eagles or Cowboys could be the #2 seed as a wildcard team & open the playoffs on the road.

Or am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think the division winners get a home game regardless of their record? Seeding only determines opponents & who gets the bye in the wildcard round. Round 2 is where the seeding determines home field.

Could be wrong.

Nope that is correct, it also matters in terms of who gets the bye week in the first week.

7 minutes ago, membengal said:

by the way, I would imagine the good news from UC hospital and doctors this PM will go a long way toward helping the team get mentally ready to play Sunday...

I know it’s helped my appetite for football. Just the kind of news the whole country was waiting for. Very happy for Hamlin and his family. 

I think Ryan Clark said it best, the next snap of football will be the scariest ever. But I think it will also go a long way in getting the Hamlin situation cobwebs to clear the psyche. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

For example the Eagles or Cowboys could be the #2 seed as a wildcard team & open the playoffs on the road.

Or am I wrong?

…not sure what you’re saying about Jax being the #4 seed (instead of the #5 seed as mentioned in the post I was replying to).   :shrug:  

…not sure what you’re saying about Jax being the #4 seed (instead of the #5 seed as mentioned in the post I was replying to).   :shrug:  

For the first round, the division winners are the top 4 seeds, regardless of their records, and they all get home games. The wild cards are the 5th through 7th seeds, dependent on their records, and they all go on the road.  The winner of the AFC South gets a home game, even if the wild card seeds' records are better than theirs, and would host whoever the 5th seed is. I think when Sea Ray was saying that Jax would get the 5th seed, he meant they would host the 5th seed, not be the 5th seed. 

I hope this helps. 

An earlier post mentioned Jax getting the 6 seed. That can't happen. Either Balt or LAC get the 6 seed. Point here is that Balt has little to play for here. They're locked into either a 5 or 6 seed and they don't control that destiny. I would say Lamar definitely doesn't play. As for the rest of their starters, we'll see

10 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I wouldn't call him a failure.  I think the biggest thing is he's a great regular season QB because teams that aren't  used to playing him don't really have time to prepare and really practice against his style (NFC teams see him once every 4 years?).  Even for a running QB he's more elusive than any other QB, ever.  Once the playoffs hit, you're playing better teams and (I think) teams dedicate more time/energy into coming up with ways to stop him...and let's be honest, the Ravens haven't put a ton around him to really help him succeed in the playoffs against said better teams.  He'll always have a great regular season record, but the playing field levels out in the playoffs due to quality of teams, better prep by those teams and lack of Ravens offensive talent.

He's a failure. 

Great regular season QB who can't win in the playoffs.  Hmmm....I'm thinking of somebody.  

Heck, at least Dullton can use Bengals D as an excuse.  His D never put the clamps down in any playoff game.  Jackson has that and he still sucks. 

3 hours ago, tibor75 said:

He's a failure. 

Great regular season QB who can't win in the playoffs.  Hmmm....I'm thinking of somebody.  

Heck, at least Dullton can use Bengals D as an excuse.  His D never put the clamps down in any playoff game.  Jackson has that and he still sucks. 

Jackson has been the most exciting runner for a few years now..

His passing abilities not so much..

That's the game he brings to a team..

Risky signing imo..

Archived