To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

All hopes and prayers to Damar.

At what point is the result of the game going to be officially discussed or decided ?  I've seen LTs legal approach to the answer but the answer is still not clear.

If no answer at the moment, what needs to be eyed for an answer ?  An official NFL  commissioner conference/statement ?

I'm aware this has been discussed in other threads but just heard on the Herdline that the "game will not be resumed this week."  Calling the game a tie would be a disappointment to me and I understand that the importance is with Damar (as it should be) but what about the ten's of thousands who attended the game for less than one full quarter ?  

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

All hopes and prayers to Damar.

At what point is the result of the game going to be officially discussed or decided ?  I've seen LTs legal approach to the answer but the answer is still not clear.

If no answer at the moment, what needs to be eyed for an answer ?  An official NFL  commissioner conference/statement ?

I'm aware this has been discussed in other threads but just heard on the Herdline that the "game will not be resumed this week."  Calling the game a tie would be a disappointment to me and I understand that the importance is with Damar (as it should be) but what about the ten's of thousands who attended the game for less than one full quarter ?  

You'll probably get some kind of refund for sure

19 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think the game can be finished. So I'd guess the league will treat it as a tie for playoff seeding purposes. That would give us the AFCN before we play the Rats. But leave us as the 3 seed unless Buffalo and KC both lose this weekend while we win. 

Even if KC and Buff lose this weekend and we win, how does that enable us to leap them? KC would still be a half game up on us and we'd be tied with Buff while they hold the tiebreaker advantage

17 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

so  we aint going to finish the game (ok np.... we all figured that out)

and there is no change to the week 18 schedule ( so we play 2 games next week , at 1pm, and i guess if they dont get the outcome they like ,, again at 430 pm)

NFL:

(We've) made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's premature to state that they won't finish the game...but don't think they will

16 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Even if KC and Buff lose this weekend and we win, how does that enable us to leap them? KC would still be a half game up on us and we'd be tied with Buff while they hold the tiebreaker advantage

Would Buffalo hold the tiebreaker advantage? If we win and they lose, both would be 8-3 in the conference. I also think that our record against common opponents will be the same. 

How far down in the tiebreakers do we need to go to get to who wins the tiebreaker?

23 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

so  we aint going to finish the game (ok np.... we all figured that out)

and there is no change to the week 18 schedule...

So, what do we look for to get the complete and hopefully fair answer on what happens ?  With the #1 seeding on the line we might as well declare this a loss if it's called a tie.  Is there another way to word this which makes it fair and equitable ?

3 minutes ago, Griever said:

So it looks as though it would go down as an unrecorded game? No ties applied, no forfeitures...

How would this look towards seeding ?

14 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Would Buffalo hold the tiebreaker advantage? If we win and they lose, both would be 8-3 in the conference. I also think that our record against common opponents will be the same. 

How far down in the tiebreakers do we need to go to get to who wins the tiebreaker?

You bring up a good point. I think the Bengals WOULD hold the tie breaker over Buffalo due to strength of victory:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afc-tiebreakers.html

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Both teams had one possession. 

One scored a TD. One scored a fg. 

The team leading 7-3 gets the win. As winning essentially means: "who has the most points when the game stops?" 

I like how you think but I doubt the league will look at it that way

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

As for fans who attended the game, they should be given a full cash refund, as they did not receive what they paid for (60 minutes of NFL football). The Bengals can then recoup that cost from their insurance company.  

I'd be surprised if they have such an insurance policy but if they did, the deductible probably ate up most of it

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

So, what do we look for to get the complete and hopefully fair answer on what happens ?  With the #1 seeding on the line we might as well declare this a loss if it's called a tie.  Is there another way to word this which makes it fair and equitable ?

How would this look towards seeding ?

I am not sure but I thought the Bengals still had a shot at #1 seed by beating the Bills and Ravens and the Chiefs losing one of their last 2 games?

If that is true any resolution that automatically prevents the Bengals from getting the #1 seed only benefits the Bills and Chiefs and that is not fair.

Before the tragic Hamlin injury I already think the Bengals were going to win the game in a shootout by something like 41-31 ... 

But had they been forced to play after his injury, the Bengals would have blown them out like 34-13 

Short of Burrow getting injured himself, I don't see any way the Bengals lose last night, considering the Bills had already lost 2/5 of their starting secondary to injury - and our WRs would have carved them up. 

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Both teams had one possession. 

One scored a TD. One scored a fg. 

The team leading 7-3 gets the win. As winning essentially means: "who has the most points when the game stops?" 

If the game was further along and the score differential was higher, I would think that could be a consideration, i.e. thinking about how MLB decides rainouts, etc.

Given the circumstances I honestly don't think we deserve the win despite how well we were playing.  What a disappointment from that standpoint in what was an epic game...and I'm not undermining Hamlin here as that is #1.  It's the most points at the end of regulation or overtime if needed.  Look at it from the other side, would you be happy if the circumstances were reversed and the NFL gave us a Loss?

28 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

NFL:

(We've) made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's premature to state that they won't finish the game...but don't think they will

very true, just being realistic,

longer they have no decision ....

for to play the game , then when? unless they are going to move back week 18 , there isnt time. 

will they add a week 19 and just let the bengals bill play?

then every other playoff team gets  an extras week off to get healthy. 

the longer there is no decision the less chance its resumed. 

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

If the game was further along and the score differential was higher, I would think that could be a consideration, i.e. thinking about how MLB decides rainouts, etc.

Given the circumstances I honestly don't think we deserve the win despite how well we were playing.  What a disappointment from that standpoint in what was an epic game...and I'm not undermining Hamlin here as that is #1.  It's the most points at the end of regulation or overtime if needed.  Look at it from the other side, would you be happy if the circumstances were reversed and the NFL gave us a Loss?

I wouldn't be happy with that but this is a one in a million chance

Archived