To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

why the  hell should a neutral city be awarded a game and all the  benefits  that comes with it.  when their  team couldnt  win one ?

we the people of those towns supprt these fricking teams with stadiums  out of our tax dollars  for the chance to gain our businesses a boost . 

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I am not overly perturbed by the “neutral site for AFC Championship” premise. It’s arguably the least of the unfair. 

That “coin flip” thing has literally nothing to do with CIN-BUF. Why it is even a thought—let alone a possible plan—is a disconnect. 

Had we lost on Monday, Sunday's game would be for the division. I'm less bothered by the idea of a "coin flip" than I am awarding us the AFCN and not getting a home game and a harder schedule next year. I suspect when things get talked through tomorrow, that wont end up happening.

It’s about time that the Buffalo team and management recognizes that Cincinnati is getting screwed simply because Zac Taylor knew that there was no way the Bills could effectively resume the game, did the right thing, and agreed to end it.  

Buffalo needs to step up and forfeit the game.

Wow this is the biggest bunch of bullcrap I have ever seen.. 

It's like they don't even know Cincinnati can even have the #1 seed!!! Not to mention they coin flip if Cincinnati loses this week?!? WTF.. We should NOT have a road game no matter what.. This is fucking total bullshit. 

11 minutes ago, Cricket said:

It’s about time that the Buffalo team and management recognizes that Cincinnati is getting screwed simply because Zac Taylor knew that there was no way the Bills could effectively resume the game, did the right thing, and agreed to end it.  

Buffalo needs to step up and forfeit the game.

Everyone in Cincinnati has done the right thing through this, from management, players and fans. Buffalo needs to do the right thing and end this shit that is going to ruin the playoffs for a lot of teams. They were going to lose the game anyway.

2 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

Everyone in Cincinnati has done the right thing through this, from management, players and fans. Buffalo needs to do the right thing and end this shit that is going to ruin the playoffs for a lot of teams. They were going to lose the game anyway.

You saw it, I saw it. The Bengals were there to win. We would have definitely won this game. It pisses me off to no end that when we meet the Bills in the 2nd round that we will have to go to Buffalo because we did the right thing. Sounds about right being a Bengal fan. How much more could the nfl screw us?

Scenario 1: Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie in Week 18 — a Buffalo vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.

Scenario 2: Buffalo and Kansas City both lose in Week 18 and Baltimore wins or ties — a Buffalo vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.

Scenario 3: Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins — a Buffalo or Cincinnati vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.

Furthermore, if Baltimore defeats Cincinnati in Week 18, it will have swept the divisional opponent Bengals, but will not be able to host a playoff game because Cincinnati will have a higher winning percentage for a 16-game schedule than Baltimore for a 17-game schedule.

If Baltimore defeats Cincinnati and if those two clubs are scheduled to play a wild-card game against one another, the site for that game would be determined by a coin toss. If Cincinnati wins the Week 18 game or if Baltimore and Cincinnati are not scheduled to play one another in the wild-card round, the game sites would be determined by the regular scheduling procedures.

Goodell said these three scenarios were the league’s best answer to the disruption in the race for the AFC’s top seed and anything else impacted.

FUCK YOU GOODELL!

They forgot scenario 4 and 5 in regards to the divisional game. 

Scenario 4: If the Bengals win and Buffalo loses then Cincinnati hosts the divisional playoff game and gets #2 seed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario 5: If the Bengals win and Buffalo wins then they have a coinflip for which city hosts the divisional game.

Even though we should have the #2 seed I am willing to concede to a coin flip since the Bills might have won against the Bengals even though I don't think they would have. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am looking past the ratbirds because they will not make it out of the wildcard round. 

1 hour ago, BengalBacker said:

They won’t but, hey, they really care about Humanity. 

Katie Blackburn disagrees with the decision.  Great to see.  They are going to take a vote tomorrow needing 3/4 of teams to vote to approve.  Why should teams not in contention for the playoffs be allowed to vote?  What a crock of BS!  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35388199/bills-bengals-game-not-resume-amid-damar-hamlin-continued-recovery

Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn is on the competition committee, which approved the scenarios Thursday. In a memo obtained by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, Blackburn urged the committee members to vote against the scenarios. Her reasoning stemmed from the timing of a rule change away from the standard of winning percentages used in this scenario.

"The proper process for making rule change (sic) is in the off-season," Blackburn wrote. "It is not appropriate to put teams in a position to vote for something that may introduce bias, favor one team over another or impact their own situation when the vote takes place immediately before the playoffs."

In his statement, Goodell said he recognizes "there is no perfect solution."

"As we considered the football schedule, our principles have been to limit disruption across the league and minimize competitive inequities," he said.

The thing I find the most nonsensical as others have said already, is that Baltimore should be "rewarded" for beating us twice if we play each other in the first round?  Uh, like the other related scenario "rule" states, we get the division because of win percentage.  That means we get the home game.  This isn't hard.  What, are they scared of us at home?  It means they beat us in both places, so no big deal right?

If this scenario does pan out, it means we could have two home games taken away.  How does that not factor in?  I'm pretty sure this is a "blessed" franchise/owner (Baltimore) getting what they want over the ugly stepchild franchise, and the rest of the owners giving a big 🖕 to the Bengals too.

13 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Katie stated just that and I agree.  Why does the NFL have rules if they are not going to abide by them, well, because like Florio said, Goodell is going to stick it to Mike Brown.  

Having 2 top teams in the AFC finish the season having played one less game then everyone else is just way too big of a clusterfuck. I don't like relying on win percentage for the division and a coin toss for home field is absurd. Monday's game needs a resolution. The NFL probably wants to put that game as far in the rear view mirror as possible, and with good reason. It was shaping up to be an all time classic with a huge viewing audience, and turned into an all time horror show. Ironically it wasn't typical professional football violence that caused it. Much more of a fluke. Commotio Cordis is very rare, and still by far the most likely cause to the best of my knowledge. Josh Allen reiterated this today as well. Between the flukiness of the injury and Damar doing so much better today, he said he felt comfortable playing this weekend. Unfortunately that won't be against us. That I get. Just logistically impossible. Acting like the game never existed causes too much randomized collateral damage though. Ideally Buffalo would forfeit. I don't think that's fair to Buffalo, but I'm a Bengal fan and it would simplify so much. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd hate that though. We were barely out the gate, it's tough to declare a winner heading into the first turn. Nobody would settle for a field goal if they had ANY idea they were playing an eight minute game. Enough devil's advocate though. We were winning 7-3. Something along the lines of a roulette wheel with 7 Bengals and 3 Bills on it. Not literally but you get the gist. I know, I know. Absurd. Stupid. I agree. I hate the idea of a thirty percent chance of losing a game, I'm convinced we would've won, based on chance. At this point it sounds better than turning the whole Conference on it's head and flipping coins for home field though. It really would be great if Buffalo forfeited, LOL.

Archived