To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

The precedent that the NFL is setting, is next time a player on the opposing team dies and playoffs are on the line, the opposing coach will say "scoop that corpse up, our play clock is running" and start throwing deep passes to score before the other team has even dried their tears. 

The Bengals did everything right morally, and now get fucked competitively as a result. 

4 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn is on the competition committee, which approved the scenarios Thursday. In a memo obtained by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, Blackburn urged the committee members to vote against the scenarios. Her reasoning stemmed from the timing of a rule change away from the standard of winning percentages used in this scenario.

"The proper process for making rule change (sic) is in the off-season," Blackburn wrote. "It is not appropriate to put teams in a position to vote for something that may introduce bias, favor one team over another or impact their own situation when the vote takes place immediately before the playoffs."

She is correct: this scenario was never addressed in the rules previously, and as such, is a post-season topic. 

Real world in the NFL, is that they have always flown by the seat of their pants regarding established/non established rules. Make it up as they go, and then cement whatever they please in February/March of the next year. No different here. 

4 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

In his statement, Goodell said he recognizes "there is no perfect solution."

"As we considered the football schedule, our principles have been to limit disruption across the league and minimize competitive inequities," he said.

That is, of course, suitcase games with non-playoff teams should not be “disrupted”—while they get a vote today as to the fortunes of the others. 

As to the rest of that word salad, the only thing convincing is the assurance his get-it-done directive sails through today without a hitch. 

11 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

of course the non play off teams are going to vote for this shit. in 5 scenerios they get a better chance at being a neutral site and having a play off game for their city then to count on their perspective shitty teams. 

A good point. One would have to believe that the “neutral site” will be some warmer-weather location and/or covered facility. That would eliminate a Cleveland, but would include Las Vegas, PHX, and ATL.

They get the loot associated with the game being played in their facilities, and the communities reap the financial benefit of the contest.

The Bengals and Cincinnati get zero.  

If there's a coin flip for home field for Ravens/Bengals, there should be one for Bengals/Bills too.  On top of that, if the Ravens win our coin flip, they should get the harder schedule next year.  I knew there was no perfect solution, but it's like the NFL went out of their way to screw the Bengals to the point it's almost laughable.  

First and foremost, we're all encouraged by Damar's progress & we continue to pray for his on-going recovery.

After thoughtful consideration, the NFL has decided to cancel the Bengals-Bills 2022 regular season game.

The purpose of this email is to clearly define how your refund will be handled.

As a valued Season Ticket Member, the price of your tickets for that game, along with your parking (if applicable), will automatically be credited to your account. There is no action required by you. The amount credited to your account will automatically be applied to your next Bengals invoice i.e. potential home playoff games or 2023 Season Ticket renewals.

If you would prefer to have this amount refunded to your credit card instead of being applied to your account, you can do so here.
If you have any questions please reply to this email or visit Bengals.com/tickets/refund. You can also call the Bengals Season Ticket Member Services Hotline at (513) 455-8888.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented situation. Who Dey Nation showed the world our love and compassion – you made our team & city proud. We look forward to seeing you in The Jungle this Sunday at 1PM.

34 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If they are going to do a coin flip, just make the coin flip to determine the winner of the Bengals/Bills game and then let everything else play out as normal.

I wanted to disagree with this, but really it makes the most sense....other than an RNG where 1-64 would be a Bengals win and 65-100 would be a Bills win (since we had ~64% chance to win on some models).

If anyone has ever had a shred of doubt as to the disregard the league has for the Bengals, the NFL is about to remove all doubt so long as the plans they have aired publicly pan out.  There is no scenario in that list that is fair to the Bengals or the city of Cincinnati. 

27 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

image.png.5e90c9866a0f10ff7cfa2d6c26166504.png

I could walk there in 1/2 an hour or bike there in 10-15 minutes. Wouldn't even have to fight traffic to do it. (There's a bike path that runs right past it and I can access it at the end of the alley that runs behind my house.)

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

A good point. One would have to believe that the “neutral site” will be some warmer-weather location and/or covered facility. That would eliminate a Cleveland, but would include Las Vegas, PHX, and ATL.

They get the loot associated with the game being played in their facilities, and the communities reap the financial benefit of the contest.

The Bengals and Cincinnati get zero.  

I think the neutral site would be Pittsburgh.

oops... forgot :ninja:

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

I wanted to disagree with this, but really it makes the most sense....other than an RNG where 1-64 would be a Bengals win and 65-100 would be a Bills win (since we had ~64% chance to win on some models).

Yep. I hated this idea at first, but it is the closest to fair. 

I posted the e from the Bengals earlier without giving credit that it was an e mail from the team

So... worse case scenario is if the Bengals lose to the Rats and the game is played in a "neutral" site

the Bengals would lose home revenue for two games not just one like they are being screwed out of now.

Beat the Rats and it's all moot.

Still, it is a real buzz kill on enjoying football No Fun League, indeed.

Seems like the entire world in general right now and America in particular is totally fucked

and not just this Godell cluster fuck the Bengals bull crap.

13 hours ago, membengal said:

Exactly right. Never considered bengals wins. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'll say it again: I want to see this coin flip done live on air, and I want to see both sides of it first. What an (entirely predictable) pile of bullshit.

Plot twist: There's not going to be any "coin". The decision has been made 

They’ll find a way to ensure the outcome is whatever they wanted in the first place 

Archived