To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Exactly this!  This person gets it.  

What the Ravens are being "given" here is some aspect of the lost "opportunity" to pray that the Bengals might lose to the Bills.  That's it.  The league transferred some little bit of the odds the Bengals might have lost that game over to this potential coin flip.  There is no such thing as "well I beat them twice so I shouldn't have to travel to their stadium in the playoffs".  Just take the simple hypothetical scenario that the Bengals go 15-2 and lost to the Ravens twice, and play them in the playoffs.  Should the Ravens get a coin flip's chance to get a home game then?  Of course not, BUT THAT IS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN HERE!  If the Ravens wanted a home game they should have WON MORE OF THEIR GAMES.

This is very very simple.

What I don't see anybody talking about is the sheer volume of negative effects they're piling onto the Bengals here:

1. The Bengals players/coaches staff are suffering the emotional effects of the tragic on-field event, including difficulty in preparing for the next game.  Nobody's fault, but it's there.

2. The Bengals "lose" a regular home game (the cancelled one), and they are the only team to suffer this.  This affects fans too.

3. The Bengals are the only team who now has ADDED PRESSURE that they might lose their playoff home game if they don't win this weekend, even though they EARNED the home game through their play and the rules of the league.  That is straight punishment, because regardless of the outcome the Bengals have artificial added stress/pressure right now.

4. The Bengals cannot be the #1 seed, this chance was removed.  (Noting again, the Ravens cannot win the division, this chance was removed - but the Ravens still might get the same benefit as if they had won it, anyway)

8 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Exactly this!  This person gets it.  

What the Ravens are being "given" here is some aspect of the lost "opportunity" to pray that the Bengals might lose to the Bills.  That's it.  The league transferred some little bit of the odds the Bengals might have lost that game over to this potential coin flip.  There is no such thing as "well I beat them twice so I shouldn't have to travel to their stadium in the playoffs".  Just take the simple hypothetical scenario that the Bengals go 15-2 and lost to the Ravens twice, and play them in the playoffs.  Should the Ravens get a coin flip's chance to get a home game then?  Of course not, BUT THAT IS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN HERE!  If the Ravens wanted a home game they should have WON MORE OF THEIR GAMES.

This is very very simple.

What I don't see anybody talking about is the sheer volume of negative effects they're piling onto the Bengals here:

1. The Bengals players/coaches staff are suffering the emotional effects of the tragic on-field event, including difficulty in preparing for the next game.  Nobody's fault, but it's there.

2. The Bengals "lose" a regular home game (the cancelled one), and they are the only team to suffer this.  This affects fans too.

3. The Bengals are the only team who now has ADDED PRESSURE that they might lose their playoff home game if they don't win this weekend, even though they EARNED the home game through their play and the rules of the league.  That is straight punishment, because regardless of the outcome the Bengals have artificial added stress/pressure right now.

4. The Bengals cannot be the #1 seed, this chance was removed.  (Noting again, the Ravens cannot win the division, this chance was removed - but the Ravens still might get the same benefit as if they had won it, anyway)

The solution to it all is clear..

Win.

The playoffs have essentially begun.

ZT and his staff will prrpare them.

JB will inspire them.

Our trio of receivers will shine.

Gonna be allright...

Total bullshit of course, but not a surprise given it's the Bengals. 

The Bills/Bengals game if both win this weekend and meet in the playoffs should be at Cincinnati or a coin-flip.  At Cincinnati would be appropriate since it's basically a continuation of the game that was cancelled. 

if Bills complains?  Tough shit.  Media can't say this, because it's insensitive, but THEIR player got hurt. 

Bengals first team in history to be penalized because of opposing player injury.   But it's the Bengals.  Ryan Shitzier tries to spear Bengals?  Eh.  Ju-Ju celebrates by imitating Burfict's injury?  Eh.  Kimo sweeps the leg?  Eh.  Brady gets injured on a low hit?  BRADY RULE!  No low hits on QBs

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:
First and foremost, we're all encouraged by Damar's progress & we continue to pray for his on-going recovery.

After thoughtful consideration, the NFL has decided to cancel the Bengals-Bills 2022 regular season game.

The purpose of this email is to clearly define how your refund will be handled.

As a valued Season Ticket Member, the price of your tickets for that game, along with your parking (if applicable), will automatically be credited to your account. There is no action required by you. The amount credited to your account will automatically be applied to your next Bengals invoice i.e. potential home playoff games or 2023 Season Ticket renewals.

If you would prefer to have this amount refunded to your credit card instead of being applied to your account, you can do so here.
If you have any questions please reply to this email or visit Bengals.com/tickets/refund. You can also call the Bengals Season Ticket Member Services Hotline at (513) 455-8888.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented situation. Who Dey Nation showed the world our love and compassion – you made our team & city proud. We look forward to seeing you in The Jungle this Sunday at 1PM.

so i have to ask, for those season ticket holders that just buy their seats to scalp and make money ( not anyone here ) they sold the seat , got that money and now get refunded  from the bengals too?  

and there it goes. bengals and cincinnati were set up to be the only one that loses in every scenario....  lol so be it,   will just be sweeter when we win it.   changing rules  for the playoffs when rules were already in place to cover this.  i wonder what the vote count was, 

58 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Won't come to happen, we're going to win on Sunday.

Hope so, but...Like all games involving Baltimore, the winner will be decided in the last few minutes. Hopefully their future HOF placekicker isn't the one that decides it. No one has had a comfortable win against the Ravens all year long. Doubt that all changes Sunday.

1 hour ago, dex said:

Hope so, but...Like all games involving Baltimore, the winner will be decided in the last few minutes. Hopefully their future HOF placekicker isn't the one that decides it. No one has had a comfortable win against the Ravens all year long. Doubt that all changes Sunday.

You may be right but their schedule was a cake walk in the second half of the year

1 hour ago, dex said:

I am not seeing a run-away also. The Rats still have a very good defense, and can run the ball. All it will take is an "off" day by the Bengals on both sides of the ball--and Justin Tucker might just be Freddy Krueger. 

Then it would be on to the "coin flip", using the following coin

Baltimore Ravens Challenge Coin - Poker Challenge Coin - Picture 1 of 1

1 hour ago, dex said:

Oh its going to change Sunday.

Beatdown coming to the Rats..

Cant you feel it?..I do..

Archived