To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

Everyone post this, or something similar, on Facebook, Twitter, etc.:

Zac Taylor and the Cincinnati Bengals did the right thing this past Monday night by not forcing the Buffalo Bills to continue the game (A game in which the Bengals were leading 7-3 and driving for another score.) at the time of Damar’s cardiac arrest.  [So glad to hear that he is improving.]

Today, the NFL, decided to ignore their RULES CURRENTLY ON THE BOOKS for handling cancelled games, and instead came up with a convoluted “solution” that denies the Cincinnati Bengals the opportunity to earn the #1 seed, and probably the #2 seed as well.  There is also a chance that, as winners of the AFC North, their first playoff game will be on the road at Baltimore.  The Bengals have been screwed over…for doing the right thing.

The message from the NFL is that if a team finds itself in the same situation, with an opponent reeling from an emotional loss of a player, be sure to force that team into completing the game, no matter how much they are suffering.  Otherwise, you may suffer the same fate as the Bengals.

I personally believe that the best solution to this whole mess is for the Buffalo Bills to step up and do the right thing…and forfeit the Monday night game.

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

The message from the NFL is that if a team finds itself in the same situation, with an opponent reeling from an emotional loss of a player, be sure to force that team into completing the game, no matter how much they are suffering.  Otherwise, you may suffer the same fate as the Bengals.

I was thinking the same thing.  Lesson learned...any play stoppage do to injury the opposing team needs to get and keep all their players and staff off the field and to their sidelines and be ready to play.

8 hours ago, Cricket said:

I personally believe that the best solution to this whole mess is for the Buffalo Bills to step up and do the right thing…and forfeit the Monday night game.

It’s Saturday, the eve of their possibly/probably securing the 2 Seed and potentially the 1 Seed. 

They haven’t peeped about a “stepping up”. With the NFL now behind them, they will not now become honorable. 

9 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Lesson learned...any play stoppage do to injury the opposing team needs to get and keep all their players and staff off the field and to their sidelines and be ready to play.

Exactly the message Goodell intended to send. Money was lost. REAL AMERICAN DOLLARS. Hamlin who?

You knew it would be this way: the “kind and compassionate” NFL will virtue-signal/dance their way past Week 18 in order to get to their Money Tournament with as little backlash as possible because of their erstwhile rule changes.

Doubt there will be any such “tributes” come Wild Card Weekend 

22 minutes ago, saphead said:

I'm not sure whether to laugh or puke at this NFL memo for their carefully controlled tribute rules for DH this weekend. Now, God bless Damar, but he didn't pass away did he?

Fucking gross. 

"See? Look how much we care!"

Buffalo? Why is it always Buffalo?

Think about it. 1988-Buffalo bitches about the no huddle so right before the AFC Championship, the NFL notifies the Bengals that they have to give Buffalo a chance to substitute players, thus taking away the advantage.

2022-The NFL comes up with this convoluted decision that gives the Bengals the AFC North, with the harder schedule next year and the lower draft pick, but not the benefit of a home game, because the Bengals decided to be kind to… Buffalo and not finish the game. 

So the Bengals are going from compassionate to pissed off in a matter of a few days. They done poked the 🐅 and Ted Karras said it best. Just go %}\|?£{ win.

#theyshouldhaveforfeited

Doesn't Buffalo owe us something from when the  Cincinnati Andy's (miraculously?) knocked someone out of

contention and got Buffalo a playoff berth?

Short memories?

AND I see we got them here again next year.

I wonder if Roger will want the game played on a neutral site.

Hmmmm.... London? Germany? Mexico?  China or North Korea?

1 hour ago, saphead said:

I'm not sure whether to laugh or puke at this NFL memo for their carefully controlled tribute rules for DH this weekend. Now, God bless Damar, but he didn't pass away did he?

I think the Bengals should have all of the above but with a number 27 for Bengal Kenny Dyer

who was paralyzed with a broken neck trying to tackle John Brockington on October 3, 1971.

1 hour ago, saphead said:

Oh look, official "Damar something-something" jerseys from Nike. They really are writing a script.

Don't worry though, all proceeds will go to the NFL and Nike.

iv2Twk4f_normal.jpg

If you feel the Bengals are being punished for refusing to continue to play after a life threatening injury, that might be by design. Remember how both teams were expected to play after a 5 minute break? They want to make sure that is enforced in the future.

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

iv2Twk4f_normal.jpg

If you feel the Bengals are being punished for refusing to continue to play after a life threatening injury, that might be by design. Remember how both teams were expected to play after a 5 minute break? They want to make sure that is enforced in the future.

But also that never happened.

:shrug:

:pst-min:

Archived