To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

No fucking good deed....fuck em all

Fuck Buffalo for not forfeiting the game, if they cared so much their boy/brother then the outcome of the game doesn't matter...right. 

Fuck the NFL for changing the rules just to screw us over then tell us it's not fair, get over it...seriously fuck those guys.

Fuck Rich McCay, he's a fucking loser ass kissing snake. He's riding on his daddies coattails and does nothing but screw people over. He spearhaded this bullshit campaign to ensure the Bengals got fucked over and then tried to justify it with his smug statement. 

The Bengals should sue the NFL for this unprecedented action of changing an established rule for no apparent reason, the NFL had no reason to do this other than to placate the Ravens as this is the only team that benefits from the change in the rules. 

3 hours ago, saphead said:

I'm not sure whether to laugh or puke at this NFL memo for their carefully controlled tribute rules for DH this weekend. Now, God bless Damar, but he didn't pass away did he?

A week ago, nobody outside Buffalo knew who this guy was...now it's love for Damar...I'm glad he's ok, but aren't they taking it a bit far?

Nike got those shirts printed up really fast didn't they, gotta love capitalism...kinda hard to not be cynical at this point 

Two things can be true at the same time. 

We can be ok with the game not being played last Monday, and be happy with Hamilin being ok, while recognizing that a game is not won in the 1st quarter, on the 2nd drive, and not awarding a win to either team is ok.

You can also be irritated that the NFL seemed to go out of their way to ensure the Bengals have a harder road to get back to the Super Bowl.

I feel the Bengals are being punished because they didn’t force Buffalo to finish the game. The Bengals didn’t want to be the bad guys and put the league office in an uncomfortable position. 

Maybe this is payback for someone telling the media that the league office wanted to restart the game after five minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We can be ok with the game not being played last Monday, and be happy with Hamilin being ok, while recognizing that a game is not won in the 1st quarter, on the 2nd drive, and not awarding a win to either team is ok.

You can also be irritated that the NFL seemed to go out of their way to ensure the Bengals have a harder road to get back to the Super Bowl.

That is actually a bunch of things wrapped into one thing, but yeah. 

If nothing else, however--as to the second thing--the sporting world has had an eye-opener as to the way the NFL has always done business in the past, and still do in the present. That will not likely drive down the purchase of the product, but perhaps just a little awareness is something of value.  

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

They did more than ensure we have a harder road back to the Superbowl, they changed established rules to give the Ravens a possibility of a home field advantage even though they didn’t qualify for it. There's no logical reason for this and their only justification is "shit happens, move on"..

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

They did more than ensure we have a harder road back to the Superbowl, they changed established rules to give a the Ravens a possibility of a home field advantage even though they didn’t qualify for it. There's no logical reason for this and their only justification is "shit happens, move on"..

They could paint swastikas at midfield in every stadium and fire sacks of live puppies out of cannons for every touchdown and all we'd see is debate on ESPN etc while business continued uninterrupted.

They've realized they are the closest thing to untouchable and are acting accordingly.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

They did more than ensure we have a harder road back to the Superbowl, they changed established rules to give the Ravens a possibility of a home field advantage even though they didn’t qualify for it. There's no logical reason for this and their only justification is "shit happens, move on"..

The justification is that if the Bills had won the game on Monday night…and Baltimore beat us tomorrow, Baltimore would be the AFC North champs.  That is a legitimate gripe.  

My question is: If KC and Buffalo lose this weekend, do we get the coin-flip opportunity to get the #1 seed (assuming we win tomorrow)?  

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You really shouldn't speak for WE.  Let us speak for ourselves.

18 minutes ago, Cricket said:

The justification is that if the Bills had won the game on Monday night…and Baltimore beat us tomorrow, Baltimore would be the AFC North champs.  That is a legitimate gripe.  

My question is: If KC and Buffalo lose this weekend, do we get the coin-flip opportunity to get the #1 seed (assuming we win tomorrow)?  

The Bills didn't win the game though and should have forfeited no doubt

6 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

The Bills didn't win the game though and should have forfeited no doubt

Yes, I understand that.  I believe that the NFL’s plan supposedly was to take into account all possibilities IF the Bengals had won, and also IF the Bills had won.  Without an exhaustive search through their plan, I’m not sure that they have.  

After the games today and tomorrow it will be much clearer which team(s) is(are) getting screwed, and which one(s) is(are) getting a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Yes, I understand that.  I believe that the NFL’s plan supposedly was to take into account all possibilities IF the Bengals had won, and also IF the Bills had won.  Without an exhaustive search through their plan, I’m not sure that they have.  

After the games today and tomorrow it will be much clearer which team(s) is(are) getting screwed, and which one(s) is(are) getting a bonus. 

Yes

6 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I think the NFL's plans were to use it as a reason to sell t-shirts and jerseys.

57 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think the NFL's plans were to use it as a reason to sell t-shirts and jerseys.

Yup.. You know they don't like this talk about guaranteed contracts so they're looking to spin it into a feel-good story about the Bills.  

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

I disagree, once the NFL decided to cancel the game which made the Bengals AFC North champs then the opportunity for Baltimore to win the division was over. Baltimore had plenty of opportunities to win the division, they blew 5 leads with 4 of those in the fourth quarter.

Their fan base doesn't think they deserve to win the division , https://ebonybird.com/2023/01/07/ravens-blame-themselves-losing-afc-north/, but the NFL is still giving then an opportunity to host a home playoff game as if they did, they actually changed existing rules do so.

13 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I disagree, once the NFL decided to cancel the game which made the Bengals AFC North champs then the opportunity for Baltimore to win the division was over. Baltimore had plenty of opportunities to win the division, they blew 5 leads with 4 of those in the fourth quarter.

Couldn't this same argument be made against us for the 1 or 2 seed though?

I think it ends up being moot tomorrow as we're going to win that game, but I kind of feel cheated "winning by default"

Archived