To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

Let's look to the lyrical genius Neil Peart from the band Rush for some guidance here. From the song 'Subdivisions':

Growing up, it all seems so one-sided (Lost decade)
Opinions all provided (By the NFL)
The future pre-decided (NFL in bed with big gambling)
Detached and subdivided
In the mass-production zone (NFL product)
Nowhere is the dreamer (Bengals players)
Or the misfit so alone (Bengals fan)

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

As to the AFCCG “neutral site”—“potentially” (yeah, lol) between KC/BUF, this article raises some questions as to future conference championship games at “neutral sites” being the norm rather than the exception. 

And the driving winds are, of course, moolah for the NFL.

Also of interest, are the provisions for KC and BUF in the Mercedes Benz Dome—which just so happened to be “equal distance” and “available” for this “emergency contingency”

Detailing potential neutral-site AFC Championship game between Chiefs and Bills: Could this be the future?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/detailing-potential-neutral-site-afc-championship-game-between-chiefs-and-bills-could-this-be-the-future/amp/

I don't like this at all. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

As to the AFCCG “neutral site”—“potentially” (yeah, lol) between KC/BUF, this article raises some questions as to future conference championship games at “neutral sites” being the norm rather than the exception. 

And the driving winds are, of course, moolah for the NFL.

Also of interest, are the provisions for KC and BUF in the Mercedes Benz Dome—which just so happened to be “equal distance” and “available” for this “emergency contingency”

Detailing potential neutral-site AFC Championship game between Chiefs and Bills: Could this be the future?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/detailing-potential-neutral-site-afc-championship-game-between-chiefs-and-bills-could-this-be-the-future/amp/

This should come as a surprise to no one.

4 hours ago, saphead said:

Let's look to the lyrical genius Neil Peart from the band Rush for some guidance here. From the song 'Subdivisions':

Growing up, it all seems so one-sided (Lost decade)
Opinions all provided (By the NFL)
The future pre-decided (NFL in bed with big gambling)
Detached and subdivided
In the mass-production zone (NFL product)
Nowhere is the dreamer (Bengals players)
Or the misfit so alone (Bengals fan)

Weird shit..that song is on the radio as I am reading this post.

One of my fav Rush tunes

Mo Egger made a good point about this topic a little bit ago. His theory is this will be a 'test drive' for the NFL and could lead to a neutral site for the Conference Championship games at a destination city in the future so the NFL can do what they do best. Put on big events. 

1 hour ago, saphead said:

Mo Egger made a good point about this topic a little bit ago. His theory is this will be a 'test drive' for the NFL and could lead to a neutral site for the Conference Championship games at a destination city in the future so the NFL can do what they do best. Put on big events. 

I already hate that the Super Bowl is increasingly less about football and more about the "pageantry", and mostly attended by rich people showing off for eachother instead of real football fans.  Last year was the pinnacle of that non-sense in LA-LA land.  This would essentially make the Super Bowl a 3 event crap trifecta.  Please no.

18 hours ago, saphead said:

Super Bowl Lite

Sounds about right.

16 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

I already hate that the Super Bowl is increasingly less about football and more about the "pageantry", and mostly attended by rich people showing off for eachother instead of real football fans.  Last year was the pinnacle of that non-sense in LA-LA land.  This would essentially make the Super Bowl a 3 event crap trifecta.  Please no.

I hate the regular home games for the same reason.

WAY too much superfluous engage the fans crap and blatant advertising.

Old School Get Off My Lawn Harry goes to watch the game, not win a free Snickers bar.

OH... and the babe watching is spectacular from jail bait to GMILFS.

Archived