To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

4 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

“Well, you just want to clarify where it stands and what’s in front of us. What’s in front of us is to win this weekend and reclaim the opportunity to have a home-field wild-card game,” Taylor said. “That’s the task that’s at hand in front of the team. As far as I’m concerned, we just want the rules to be followed and when a game is canceled that you just turn to winning percentage to clarify everything so we don’t have to make up the rules. There’s several instances this season where the club is fined or people in our building are fined and we are being told to follow the rules. It’s black and white in the rule book.

“So, now, when we point out the rules and you are told we are going to change that, I don’t want to hear about fair and equitable when that is the case. So what this team will do is all we can control is going into a game this weekend and doing our best to win. We are going to channel our energy into that.”

Chapter 3- Anger explosion! A fan fiction by me! | Fandom

Welp, the gaslighting has begun, there was a segment on ESPN where they did the following, basing all of this talk on Zac complaining about getting screwed over:

- Agreed the Bengals got the short end of the stick compared to everyone else.

That's a good start, right!   Maybe we'll have some voices on our side?  Nope:

- They continue on, saying "well somebody was going to get screwed here..." implying well it just happened to be the Bengals, oh well.  Guys, the point Zac is making is that they CHANGED THE RULES to FORCE the Bengals to be screwed INSTEAD of the Ravens!

- LIED and said the Bengals were going for the TWO seed, saying "ehhhh that's not as big of a deal" - nooooo if we'd won we'd still have a shot at the ONE seed, hello?!?!

- The worst of all, Kimes said that "you'd have a hard time finding anyone who'd argue" that the Ravens DON'T DESERVE THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP if they beat us twice.  What?!?!?!?

Sad shit guys, but I guess it's good that we're used to it?  I guess?

3 hours ago, stryker57 said:

so i have to ask, for those season ticket holders that just buy their seats to scalp and make money ( not anyone here ) they sold the seat , got that money and now get refunded  from the bengals too?  

It's problematic. Our money is refunded - but I did have to re-sell that game through Ticketmaster and the email from the team said that TM will refund and then I will have to reimburse TM. 

6 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

“Well, you just want to clarify where it stands and what’s in front of us. What’s in front of us is to win this weekend and reclaim the opportunity to have a home-field wild-card game,” Taylor said. “That’s the task that’s at hand in front of the team. As far as I’m concerned, we just want the rules to be followed and when a game is canceled that you just turn to winning percentage to clarify everything so we don’t have to make up the rules. There’s several instances this season where the club is fined or people in our building are fined and we are being told to follow the rules. It’s black and white in the rule book.

“So, now, when we point out the rules and you are told we are going to change that, I don’t want to hear about fair and equitable when that is the case. So what this team will do is all we can control is going into a game this weekend and doing our best to win. We are going to channel our energy into that.”

Chapter 3- Anger explosion! A fan fiction by me! | Fandom

"The silver lining, as it has been for the last two seasons, is there’s a stronger internal bond amongst Bengals staff, coaches and players and the sense that there’s an ‘Us against the World’ mentality bigger than ever inside Paycor Stadium. That bond was only strengthened with team Executive Vice President Katie Blackburn’s message sent to the league on behalf of the team."

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

It's problematic. Our money is refunded - but I did have to re-sell that game through Ticketmaster and the email from the team said that TM will refund and then I will have to reimburse TM. 

I bought a re-sold ticket through Ticketmaster's official site.  Haven't gotten any email from them and I can't see my situation is addressed on the FAQ on Bengals.com.   Anybody know? 

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

So, what was the vote count and by which team?  I did not see it in the article.  Shouldn't the fans be allowed to know since they are a consumer?  What a crock of you know what with this decision!

3 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Total bullshit of course, but not a surprise given it's the Bengals. 

The Bills/Bengals game if both win this weekend and meet in the playoffs should be at Cincinnati or a coin-flip.  At Cincinnati would be appropriate since it's basically a continuation of the game that was cancelled. 

if Bills complains?  Tough shit.  Media can't say this, because it's insensitive, but THEIR player got hurt. 

Bengals first team in history to be penalized because of opposing player injury.   But it's the Bengals.  Ryan Shitzier tries to spear Bengals?  Eh.  Ju-Ju celebrates by imitating Burfict's injury?  Eh.  Kimo sweeps the leg?  Eh.  Brady gets injured on a low hit?  BRADY RULE!  No low hits on QBs

I saw the SCREW JOB coming a MILE AWAY.  

As to why the league didn't stick to the rules which state that winning percentage is the determining factor in seeding, McKay demurred."I would say it's not necessarily (rules) weren't followed," he said. "We don't capture everything in every rule and every policy manual. Sometimes when you face situations, you have to try to make adjustments."

RULES WERE NOT FOLLOWED?  The HELL YOU SAY!  This scumbag's team is in LAST PLACE and made fun of the OSU Kicker who missed a winning kick against Georgia.  He shouldn't even be in this conversation.  The NFL has become a JOKE!

28 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

So, what was the vote count and by which team?  I did not see it in the article.  Shouldn't the fans be allowed to know since they are a consumer?  What a crock of you know what with this decision!

You think they give a damn about the consumer? They know the consumer will watch no matter how much injustice is done. No matter how transparent it is that they scream player safety when they need to but don’t actually give a damn about the players either. 

What the NFL has become in regards to American culture, it can do whatever it feels like and it will still get the viewership it needs for continue to not just operate but thrive financially.  

I think it was Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler who said “Give them bread and circus…..”. Maybe it was someone from a much earlier period in history…

5 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

You think they give a damn about the consumer? They know the consumer will watch no matter how much injustice is done. No matter how transparent it is that they scream player safety when they need to but don’t actually give a damn about the players either. 

What the NFL has become in regards to American culture, it can do whatever it feels like and it will still get the viewership it needs for continue to not just operate but thrive financially.  

I think it was Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler who said “Give them bread and circus…..”. Maybe it was someone from a much earlier period in history…

Oh i totally agree with you, I was just letting out my frustration on here with the SCREW JOB.  

I recall when one of the buzz phrases on here was

"Protect the Crown".

Seems Roger Dodger is making every effort to do just

that by screwing the Bengals organization, team and fans

to benefit other teams who are in His Favor.

Repeating myself but I simply cannot see this happening to a Pittsburgh, Dallas,

Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers or Patrick Mahones and the Chiefs.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

if we had lost to Buffalo, wouldn't we actually be in roughly the same or

better place than we are now going into Sunday?

Beat them and probably see them in the first round of the playoffs here?

I don't understand where this neutral stadium stuff comes from.

Barring some sort of natural disaster, the only game played in a 

neutral stadium is the Super Bowl.

BTW, the 580 Garage on Walnut Street is not refunding my $20 parking fee.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...

if we had lost to Buffalo, wouldn't we actually be in roughly the same or

better place than we are now going into Sunday?

Beat them and probably see them in the first round of the playoffs here?

I don't understand where this neutral stadium stuff comes from.

Barring some sort of natural disaster, the only game played in a 

neutral stadium is the Super Bowl.

BTW, the 580 Garage on Walnut Street is not refunding my $20 parking fee.

Agreed.  There is no allowance if we won. 

And it wasn't our player that got hurt.  And we had the lead.  And we were at home so the no contest made us lose a home game.  

sadest part of all “I think on the neutral site situation, basically all three teams going in had a kind of agreed they were okay with that situation. It didn’t mean they were gonna vote for it, but they were okay with it. So that always obviously helps when you make a proposal like that. There was input given by Baltimore, certainly by Cincinnati. And Buffalo (Friday) opened the meeting with just kind of an update on Damar the player and how he’s doing and so forth. They didn’t say much on the proposals, but they were certainly given the opportunity.”

oh they kind of agreed , but it didnt mean they would vote for it ...

no shit... maybe because they didnt agree with it , 

....  and buffalo sat and said nothing because it was all positive for them , 

Hell at least someone in this organization is speaking up for a change. 

4 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Just remembered how the Seahawks in 1988 faked injures to slow down the no huddle offense. 

Didn't the NFL say we couldn't use it against the Bills in the AFC Championship game or something like that?  

Yep, and then the following year, Marv Levy started doing it and he got credit for it.

2 hours ago, IKOTA said:

P.T. Barnum?...😎

Archived