To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

The rubbish will continue until the NFL makes an official statement.  Just scheduling the Bengals-Rats game for 1:00 does not qualify.

To me it signals that whatever the decision, Baltimore isn't going to like it.

20 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Also hope the Rats game is 1:00 because I made 4:45 dinner reservations for Ruth's Chris  based on Le Tigre's spidey senses.

I'll have a Ruth's Manhattan and a NY Strip, medium rare +. 

See you at 4:45  😄

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

To me it signals that whatever the decision, Baltimore isn't going to like it.

OR…it means that they want a game that they DON’T KNOW if it has an impact on a division title or seeding to be in the less-coverage telecast.

I certainly hope they make their decision BEFORE Sunday.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

OR…it means that they want a game that they DON’T KNOW if it has an impact on a division title or seeding to be in the less-coverage telecast.

I certainly hope they make their decision BEFORE Sunday.

lol we'll let you how its ruled after we see how the ruling will effect things.. lol what if someone has a bet on any of the 3 teams to be the #1 seed.  wouldnt that be sorta illegal ?

19 minutes ago, BBR said:

Source seems to be Stephen A (HSH)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/espn-pundit-floats-idea-pushing-back-nfl-playoffs-one-week-order-complete-bills-bengals-game

On Wednesday, ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith floated the idea of the NFL pushing back the start of the playoffs to finish the game between the Bills and the Bengals. 

"I think they’ll find a way to play the game," Smith said Wednesday on "First Take." 

"I think you go through the rest of the regular season. It is possible that you will push the playoffs back and eliminate that bye week for the Super Bowl." 

The NFL playoffs are scheduled to begin on Saturday, Jan. 14, one week after the final games of the regular season. 

Smith suggested the NFL give every playoff team a bye week before starting the playoffs while Buffalo and Cincinnati complete their Week 17 game one week after the Week 18 slate is played. 

"So, in other words, that would be the only game that week, and the playoffs begin the following week," Smith continued. "Nobody else is going to complain about having that additional week off. It gives you an opportunity to get healthy as a team, collectively as a league. You go out there, everybody had two weeks off, the playoffs begin. 

"I think that is the scenario that ultimately may end up happening," he added. "I don’t know, this is no inside information or anything like that, I’m just guessing. And I’m saying to you, for me, I find that to be the best-case scenario because you continue the regular season, you let it finish it out. 

"And then everybody's season is done except Buffalo and Cincinnati who have to revisit that game." 

Smith’s idea would include eliminating the bye week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

so then, everybody would get a bye week except us and Buffalo?

that would suck

Guess they are considering the first meeting our bye because so little of the game was played. I agree that does suck tho.

Not to mention, what if the eventual AFC or NFC champion has a key player who goes down with a concussion or something. Not having that SB bye would have some pretty serious repercussions

8 minutes ago, dex said:

If they do end up playing this game again, then it had better not start over from scratch. It would need to resume just as it left off. Cincinnati up 7-3 and with the ball, 1st and 10 near midfield. 

And they would have to have the same game day roster minus any injured players during the game.  It should be a resumption of the game.

55 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

And they would have to have the same game day roster minus any injured players during the game.  It should be a resumption of the game.

**** Just, please, not another night game.

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

No shit…just like all of you other click-bait squawking heads 

***** I like Stephen A.  Simply because he is such a fool doing his George Jefferson imitation.

Would love to see him do the George Jefferson dance.

“Momentum builds…”, according to..?

All said though, it is the easiest—and the cleanest in the anti-Solomon thought pattern—for the league. 

The undisturbed path for their Cash Cow Super Bowl Tournament is all that matters to them. The problems of two franchises in getting on—and winning—that path, are of no consequence to them. 

“Fairness” does not equal ledger bottom lines. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

All said though, it is the easiest—and the cleanest in the anti-Solomon thought pattern—for the league. 

The undisturbed path for their Cash Cow Super Bowl Tournament is all that matters to them. The problems of two franchises in getting on—and winning—that path, are of no consequence to them. 

“Fairness” does not equal ledger bottom lines. 

Let's think about this for a minute.

Nothing has basically changed for Kansas City. Win and they have the top seed. Lose and Buffalo could get it if they win. 

Nothing has really changed for Buffalo. Win and KC loses, they get the top seed. 

Cincinnati wins the AFC North, win or lose on Sunday. Good for us, but we get screwed out of a chance to get the top seed. If Buffalo loses and we win, we would get the 2nd seed based on the strength of schedule tiebreaker, not the head to head tiebreaker had we beaten them.

Baltimore gets screwed out of a chance to win the AFC North under this scenario. The best they could do under this scenario is move from the 6th to the 5th seed if they beat us and the Chargers lose. 

If we have to go on the road during the playoffs, so be it. We did it last year, we can do it again. That is the ultimate bottom line at the end of the day. 

Nothing has basically changed for Kansas City. Win and they have the top seed. Lose and Buffalo could get it if they win. 

Nothing has really changed for Buffalo. Win and KC loses, they get the top seed. 

No, a lot changed - Buffalo had top seed before Monday. KC needed Bengals or Pats to beat Buffalo to get to the top seed...

Archived