To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

22 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am late to the game. 

The obvious solution was

Week 18 Bills-Bengals

Week 19 Bills-Dolphins and Ravens-Bengals

Don't do 2 weeks before the super bowl. 

Much too late to cancel all those week 18 games

and adding Buffalo here would be no piece of cake, either,

from the logistics sense.

Too late is the key word.

Too late to do much of anything that will throw things off

for the remainder of the season/playoffs/Super Bowl.

The Bengals should be the #2 seed right now, based on leading the Bills when the game was stopped. 

The #2 seed would guarantee the Bengals 2 home playoffs games (if they won the first rd). This would likely mean the Bills return to Cincy in the playoffs 2nd rd for the rematch that everyone wants to see anyway (essentially replaying the lost game in the playoffs). 

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure how that screws us, if the Cheifs win on Saturday there would be zero chance we could get the one seed, even if we beat the Bills.

Why are you so adamant about the other teams and what they will do?  The bottom line is the Bengals are screwed over in this matter no matter how you explain it.  How is it the Bengal's fault on any of this?  If it were a Bengals player in this situation, then I would be saying, the Bengals need to forfeit the game or take the loss.  The Bills had the ultimate decision to stop the game even though Zac agreed with it, I am sure.  They have the ultimate decision right now because guess what, it is just a game, right, look around at all of the posts.  You think Zac went to their HC and said, I think we should stop the game?  I highly doubt he started this conversation and why would he?  If he did, I would be shocked and if he did, then shame on the Buffalo HC for not starting the discussion.  You get the point?

11 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

The least crappy solution is still crappy. Short of completing the game, some team(s) will get the shaft.

Maybe. Probably. But I’m going to wait to see the solution offered before getting too upset about it. 

The Bills are the more "culpable" party for the game stoppage as it was their player. 

How punishing the Bengals for that -- and making them travel to Buffalo in the divisional round, rather than the Bills coming to Cincy in the divisional round -- makes sense, I don't get. 

8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bengals should be the #2 seed right now, based on leading the Bills when the game was stopped. 

The #2 seed would guarantee the Bengals 2 home playoffs games (if they won the first rd). This would likely mean the Bills return to Cincy in the playoffs 2nd rd for the rematch that everyone wants to see anyway (essentially replaying the lost game in the playoffs). 

Exactly!  If all three teams win, the Bengals win the NFC North and then they are going to make them both play again or continue the game to see who gets the two seed?  I don't see this happening but, you never know.  Once again, the Bengals are screwed for having to adjust to all of these scenarios.  People will say, well, the Bengals got the same amount of rest, well, did they since they had to adjust to everything?  The other teams are just doing their routine things.

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bills are the more "culpable" party for the game stoppage as it was their player. 

How punishing the Bengals for that -- and making them travel to Buffalo in the divisional round, rather than the Bills coming to Cincy in the divisional round -- makes sense, I don't get. 

I am totally with you on this!  BINGO!

19 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Why are you so adamant about the other teams and what they will do?  The bottom line is the Bengals are screwed over in this matter no matter how you explain it.  How is it the Bengal's fault on any of this?  If it were a Bengals player in this situation, then I would be saying, the Bengals need to forfeit the game or take the loss.  The Bills had the ultimate decision to stop the game even though Zac agreed with it, I am sure.  They have the ultimate decision right now because guess what, it is just a game, right, look around at all of the posts.  You think Zac went to their HC and said, I think we should stop the game?  I highly doubt he started this conversation and why would he?  If he did, I would be shocked and if he did, then shame on the Buffalo HC for not starting the discussion.  You get the point?

Calm down Skip Bayless. 

A man died, let's not put that as just another injury.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Calm down Skip Bayless. 

A man died, let's not put that as just another injury.

Ok, Shannon Sharpe, are we bringing religion into this now?  Are you a medical doctor now?  I think he is alive; did he really die?  This is a Bengals board so I will end it with, the BENGALS ARE GETTING SCREWED!

Just now, TigerJ@w said:

Ok, Shannon Sharpe, are we bringing religion into this now?  Are you a medical doctor now?  I think he is alive; did he really die?  This is a Bengals board so I will end it with, the BENGALS ARE GETTING SCREWED!

Religion? 

wat?

End it with your lack of humanity how about that?

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Much too late to cancel all those week 18 games

and adding Buffalo here would be no piece of cake, either,

from the logistics sense.

Too late is the key word.

Too late to do much of anything that will throw things off

for the remainder of the season/playoffs/Super Bowl.

It wouldnt have been too late. It is too late now

Bills and Bengals had already planned to play eachother

You are only cancelling 2 games then

The playoffs are always flexible by their nature. 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Religion? 

wat?

End it with your lack of humanity how about that?

Did you know that three police officers just died recently in Massachusetts?  Where is your lack of humanity?  I am not going to dwell on one football player possibly dying when he did not.  He is alive and I am glad to hear that but, Life goes on.  Religion, you ever heard of resurrection?  Sounds like that is what you believe in.

1 minute ago, TigerJ@w said:

Did you know that three police officers just died recently in Massachusetts?  Where is your lack of humanity?  I am not going to dwell on one football player possibly dying when he did not.  He is alive and I am glad to hear that but, Life goes on.  Religion, you ever heard of resurrection?  Sounds like that is what you believe in.

I'm going to walk away from this, and would suggest that you do some reading on what resuscitation means. 

Good luck to you. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm going to walk away from this, and would suggest that you do some reading on what resuscitation means. 

Good luck to you. 

they mean both, i would suggest you look up what resurrection is too.  walk away, you are the one who is adamant with the other team's situation.  Are you sure you are a Bengals fan?  I mean, I have seen people scream on here that Tibor is not?  Interesting.

If they call the Bengals-Bills game canceled and use 16 games for them and 17 for everyone else that gives the Chiefs a big boost. Going into last weekend, they lost the tiebreaker with the Bills but calling off the game effectively puts both the Bengals and Bills a half game back of the Chiefs. Between the Bengals and Bills it will likely mean Buffalo as the 2 seed and Cincinnati as the 3 so a second round playoff matchup goes to Buffalo. If they simply call the game a 7-3 final score with the Bengals winning, then both teams winning this weekend would make the Bengals the 2 seed and Bills the 3. 

2 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i'll say this again. of the bills and the bengals meet in the playoff it had best be played in cincinati no matter the seeding or whatever. 

That could actually be part of the "fix" to the situation. The NFL could announce that the game will be voided and not replayed, but in the event that the Bengals and Bills make the divisional round, their game will be played in Cincy (regardless of seeding). 

I'm ok with that solution. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Good luck to you. 

you could've walked away without even commenting but, you didn't.  no surprise here by watching you over the years on this board explaining to everyone that you know it all.  give yourself a pat on the back.

Archived