To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

If we win and Buffalo loses this Sunday, we would both be 12-4 but we would get the #2 seed based on strength of schedule, as far as I know. KC would have to lose for Buffalo to have a chance at the #1 seed. We have no chance at the #1 seed if the game does not get played. 

Or we are declared the winner which has been my contention all along.

And I dare say if that is not the decision, the Bengals organization and Brown family is going to be out a hella money

for ticket refunds just to start.

The health of the young Buffalo Bill player has nothing to do with the Bengals seeding or economic impact on the organization.

No other team in the NFL will feel that impact or as much. 

Would the Bills get their cut of the gate?  If not, I am sure they would not like it for their expenses getting here, etc.

So a definite decision must be reached and not some wishy-washy compromise trying to please all and end up pleasing none.

They will screw 2 teams (one for certain) regardless of the game void or awarding a winner. 

One thing the NFL will not do: is disrupt their Super Bowl Tournament. Way too much money involved. Pushing weeks around, multi-tiers of byes, etc. not happening. 

After all…

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Pretty sure that league declared a no contest for Mondays game. At least that’s what I’ve been seeing. 

Wonder if they would have declared it a no contest if it was 7-3 in their favor?

And, for good measure, in their house?

If any team was to declare it a no contest I dare say it should be the Bengals because they were winning

and my soap box dead horse issue about economics.  The Buffalo Bills organization is not going to have

the concern about refunded tickers for something like 63,000 people.

If Buffalo really is appreciative of the city of Cincinnati and Bengals organization in the way they say they are, one way to repay that would be to give the Bengals the win. 

It would also take away the sting for the Bengals organization of the money they will lose. 

39 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Also to note had we beaten the Bills and lose on Sunday we wouldn't even be the 3 seed.

that's not true. If we had beaten the bills it would have clinched the division and the worst we could have been was a 3 seed. Best would have been 2 (or a 1 if KC were to fall Saturday

The NFL is considering taking away our home game if we were to lose to Baltimore on Sunday

If Baltimore defeats Cincinnati and if those two clubs are schedule to play a Wild Card game against one another, the site for that game would be determined by a coin toss. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-17-buffalo-cincinnati-game-will-not-be-resumed-neutral-afc-championship-gam

That's crap

26 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

The NFL is considering taking away our home game if we were to lose to Baltimore on Sunday

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-17-buffalo-cincinnati-game-will-not-be-resumed-neutral-afc-championship-gam

That's crap

That isn’t crap…it’s larceny. Absolutely nothing even closely resembling equitable. 

Guess the Bengals aren’t “resting” anybody now

29 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

That's crap

This is stupid, this means that if you beat any team in your division twice and make the playoffs as a wild card, then the division winner may have to play in your home due to a coin flip.

I think Ill wait until an actual decision is made before I get bothered by it. The NFL is damned if they do damned if they don't either way, but they did the right thing by not forcing the teams to play after their teammate died on the field and had to be brought back to life. 

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That isn’t crap…it’s larceny. Absolutely nothing even closely resembling equitable. 

Guess the Bengals aren’t “resting” anybody now

Let's hope level heads prevail tomorrow at 6pm and they don't approve this BS

on NFL.com ..

Cancelling the game between the Bills and Bengals creates potential competitive inequities in certain playoff scenarios. In an effort to mitigate those inequities, NFL clubs will consider tomorrow in a Special League Meeting a resolution recommended by the Commissioner and approved today by the Competition Committee, consisting of two elements:

1 - The AFC Championship Game will be played at a neutral site if the participating teams played an unequal number of games and both could have been the number one seed and hosted the game had all AFC clubs played a full 17-game regular season. Those circumstances involve Buffalo or Cincinnati qualifying for the game as a road team and are listed below: Scenario 1

Buffalo and Kansas City both win or both tie – a Buffalo vs Kansas City championship game would be at a neutral site.

Scenario 2

Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Baltimore wins or ties – a Buffalo vs Kansas City championship game would be at a neutral site.

Scenario 3

Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins – a Buffalo or Cincinnati vs Kansas City championship game would be at a neutral site.

2 - If Baltimore defeats Cincinnati in Week 18 it will have defeated Cincinnati, a divisional opponent, twice but will not be able to host a playoff game because Cincinnati will have a higher winning percentage for a 16-game schedule than Baltimore will for a 17-game schedule.

If Baltimore defeats Cincinnati and if those two clubs are schedule to play a Wild Card game against one another, the site for that game would be determined by a coin toss. If Cincinnati wins the Week 18 game or if Baltimore and Cincinnati are not scheduled to play one another in the Wild Card round, the game sites would be determined by the regular scheduling procedures.

"As we considered the football schedule, our principles have been to limit disruption across the league and minimize competitive inequities," Goodell said. "I recognize that there is no perfect solution. The proposal we are asking the ownership to consider, however, addresses the most significant potential equitable issues created by the difficult, but necessary, decision not to play the game under these extraordinary circumstances."

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think Ill wait until an actual decision is made before I get bothered by it. The NFL is damned if they do damned if they don't either way, but they did the right thing by not forcing the teams to play after their teammate died on the field and had to be brought back to life. 

I am not overly perturbed by the “neutral site for AFC Championship” premise. It’s arguably the least of the unfair. 

That “coin flip” thing has literally nothing to do with CIN-BUF. Why it is even a thought—let alone a possible plan—is a disconnect. 

Archived