Rats Week (Episode 3 The Final Chapter) Week

22 minutes ago, membengal said:

It is what talking heads hypothesize if Jackson forces a trade since he is from Miami and the nfl watchers dream of him in McDaniel's offense with Hill and Waddle...

He also stated if he left the Ravens, Miami would be high on his list..

P

1 hour ago, membengal said:

It is what talking heads hypothesize if Jackson forces a trade since he is from Miami and the nfl watchers dream of him in McDaniel's offense with Hill and Waddle...

…so, Hill and Waddle are good down-field blockers for Jackson’s runs?  🥷

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Fact is the Bengals are a better football team overall..

Understood on any given day but

this team seems as special as last years...

With our beat up oline the Ravens D scares the shit outta me. I think we win but it will be close.

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Fact is the Bengals are a better football team overall..

Understood on any given day but

this team seems as special as last years...

Each to their own perception. 

Last season was what I have referred to in sports as a “rocket ride”—-season suddenly takes off dramatically as the year ends, and each win builds on the other. That they went nearly all the way was not surprising—and it was tangible to almost everyone. 

This year—while impressive with the 8-straight wins to end the season—just isn’t the same vibe. Call it heightened expectations perhaps, but not seeing or feeling the energy of last. 

One late season part of the energy-sap imo is totally due to the NFL clusterfuck regarding MNF. It’s going to take an even more impressive “rocket ride” in the playoffs to overcome what is likely going to be the NFL’s AFCCG wish of BUF-KC.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:45 PM, membengal said:

he CLEARLY ordered the code red last sunday. That was planned and it was dirty as hell all game. 

If I'm Zac Taylor, I am emphasizing the message to our team to play our game and not be goaded into retaliation against anything dirty the Ravens will try. Baltimore is #5 in the league for least penalties, Cincinnati is #6. In Baltimore's case, I think that the refs suffer sudden blindness when refereeing their games because they sure missed a lot on Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

If I'm Zac Taylor, I am emphasizing the message to our team to play our game and not be goaded into retaliation against anything dirty the Ravens will try. Baltimore is #5 in the league for least penalties, Cincinnati is #6. In Baltimore's case, I think that the refs suffer sudden blindness when refereeing their games because they sure missed a lot on Sunday. 

That's my biggest fear, is we retaliate to something and get a crucial flag or two.  I feel like they were specifically trying to target Chase to get him out of his game.

12 minutes ago, Griever said:

Not too sure of the source but at any rate...

That kind of echoes what Lapham said Monday.  He’s likely done with a chance to play if we make the Super Bowl.  What a bummer.  Now it’s pretty much like last year with backups on the right side (although we are better at center).

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Why would Lamar play and potentially injure himself when he wants 250 million guaranteed in a few months? 

He might actually be a pro football player with passion to compete. If he plays and wins, it speaks volumes to potential suitors. If he plays, and goes to the Super Bowl, it speaks libraries. 

Archived