Rats @ Bengals part duex - gameday thread

Well, I knew this game would be horrible to watch, wouldn't feel like a win even if we did win, and I expected to lose tbh because of EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

The refs/league did their best to job us on this one.  If not for the horrible play of Anthony Brown and his receivers plus our defense making the plays when it mattered, we absolutely would have lost this game to a bunch of scrubs.

First, what we did "wrong" (as others have said):

- Joe was off.

- Tee and Ja'marr were somewhat off.

- Couldn't run the ball (and barely tried, as usual)

Now let's list off the list of screw jobs, more than I actually expected.

- Tyler Boyd hammered on an overthrow, easy "defenseless receiver" call, nothing.  (I don't really like that rule but it's there so you don't get injuries.. but only if you actually call it).

- Boyd gets the double headshot that puts him in protocol the rest of the game.  Nothing.

- Complete bullshit roughing the passer on Hendrickson on third down, ends up in 7 points for Ravens (holding was horrendous all day by Ravens OL, especially on this resulting drive).

- Extremely obvious facemask on Joe isn't called (even the announcers had to admit it), he fumbles it right after at the 10, defense steps up and only allows 3.  That's now 10 gifted by the refs.

- Ja'Marr's helmet almost ripped off by the facemask, nothing.

- Tee hit WORSE than Boyd was when defenseless, you could actually call it old-school spearing, NOTHING.

- Jonah gets obvious hands to the face, right up in the mask, ends up in Joe getting sacked and piled on by two guys.  Nothing.

- Ravens player CLEARLY offside on 4th and 5 punt, you could hear someone on Bengals sideline screaming offside on the TV feed... nothing.

- On Watkins' catch the he eventually fumbled, he two-hand pushed I think it was Taylor-Britt away so he could make the catch (Antonio Brown style).

- Carman pulled by the back of his helmet into the Ravens bench where he's basically gang raped - nothing.

- On the first play of the last drive the Ravens tried a crack-back, double team hit in the back on Hendrickson.  I believe the only purpose of this was to injure him.  Nothing.

A couple of other observations:

- I know people can't be happy with the 2nd half performance by the offense, but I got the sense they actually dialed things back to save something for the playoff game, in which I do believe we're now guaranteed to play the Ravens yet again?

- The Ravens were indeed trying to injure Bengals players all day.  Ja'marr was a key target, on many catches guys went after his head and started twisting/pulling;  Hendrickson had his eyes gouged at by Stanley a couple times as the play was ending/Hendrickson was running away from him toward the play; I would not be surprised if Cappa's injury was done as an "oopsie" by the player who fell on him.

So I think the Ravens rested players because they both knew they only really had a coin-flip's chance of playing at home, but also because they knew the league/refs would help them in this game.  They had no business being in it at all, but they still had a chance despite the abysmal play of their offense.  Cappa getting injured is EXACTLY what I hated most about the league taking the actual division crown away from us artificially, we should have had more backups in today.

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Outside of winning the game, this was a superb outcome for the Ravens.  They beat the shit out of the Bengals physically.  Alex Kappa going down has to make the Ravens gleeful.  I don’t see much hope of the Bengals offense doing much the the bums they are going to be running out there.  Jackson and the other offensive starters will be back and they will be better than this week.  Not good. 

Fuckem. We'll beat there ass again. This "chicken little" shit by our fans annoys me. Can you see this is not a Bengal team you've witnessed before? Enjoy the ride, or not.

3 minutes ago, williamsburgbengal said:

Fuckem. We'll beat there ass again. This "chicken little" shit by our fans annoys me. Can you see this is not a Bengal team you've witnessed before? Enjoy the ride, or not.

Be annoyed.  I could care less.  Be the fan you want to be and I’ll do the same. 

Just now, Mikeslumina said:

John harbo did not shake zachs hand there?

Good question, it almost looked to me that maybe Zac avoided him?  They didn't show enough that I could tell, but I saw Zac going toward what looked like the tunnel without seemingly have shaken anyone's hand, so...

Weird game.  I don't really mind the crappy 2nd half performance other than the Crappa injury.  And the throwing the ball on 3rd and 4th and short.  Just stop in a game like this.  And the stupid bubble screens to Chase that seemed to be designed to get him hurt. 

But it's weird game b/c:

1. What happened on Monday

2. The crap after Monday

3. Playing a team that isn't trying to win

4. Playing a team you are going to play again in a week so you don't really want to show them certain things

5. Playing a QB that you have no film on

13 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Weird game.  I don't really mind the crappy 2nd half performance other than the Crappa injury.  And the throwing the ball on 3rd and 4th and short.  Just stop in a game like this.  And the stupid bubble screens to Chase that seemed to be designed to get him hurt. 

But it's weird game b/c:

3. Playing a team that isn't trying to win

Baltimore was absolutely trying to win. Baltimore's great defense is 80 percent of their overall team, and all 11 starters were all out there trying to win. Roquan Smith was a terrific midseason pickup. I sure hope they can't resign him to a long-term extension. He is a load. Almost impossible to look good against Baltimore. Every game they play, regardless of the opponent, turns out to be butt-ugly.

5 minutes ago, dex said:

Baltimore was absolutely trying to win. Baltimore's great defense is 80 percent of their overall team, and all 11 starters were all out there trying to win. Roquan Smith was a terrific midseason pickup. I sure hope they can't resign him to a long-term extension. He is a load. Almost impossible to look good against Baltimore. Every game they play, regardless of the opponent, turns out to be butt-ugly.

The players were trying to win, but management was not.  They are trying to win next week. 

6 minutes ago, dex said:

this. that was how baltimore has played all year. they are damn good defensively, try to shorten the game, and get it to Tucker. It's what they do. Gonna be a mud fight again next week. 

Just now, membengal said:

this. that was how baltimore has played all year. they are damn good defensively, try to shorten the game, and get it to Tucker. It's what they do. Gonna be a mud fight again next week. 

Which is why Zac reverted back to Zac Shula by going for it on 4th and inches from the 40 yard line.  

Of course the play call was beyond stoopid.

Archived