We play Sunday night at 8:15

Still think we should have got the "coin flip" if Buffalo and Cincinnati meet in the divisional round. That's where we got screwed the most. 

Sunday night game is good. Usually we play Saturday in the first game (like in years past). It's like they want to get rid of the Bengals as quickly as possible.. At least in the Dalton, and Palmer era. 

My little brother's team is the Miami Dolphins, so I will definitely be cheering for them so we get that second home game against the Chargers or the Jags. 

33 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not mad. Hopefully Cappa is just a rolled ankle and he has the full week to rest UT amd can go Sunday night.

I would be very surprised if we see him back before the SB at best.  As you could see without him we're back to JB making plays while running for his life.

This Ol could really afford zero injuries to starters. Collins was apparently so bad they were scheming for him to fall on his ass so it wasn't a tremendous loss. Cappa actually blocks people. This is going to be a problem.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I would be very surprised if we see him back before the SB at best.  As you could see without him we're back to JB making plays while running for his life.

This Ol could really afford zero injuries to starters. Collins was apparently so bad they were scheming for him to fall on his ass so it wasn't a tremendous loss. Cappa actually blocks people. This is going to be a problem.

I'm thankful it's not his knee as that looked worse than it sounds like it might be. Otherwise I guess well find out.

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm thankful it's not his knee as that looked worse than it sounds like it might be. Otherwise I guess well find out.

Yeah. Their strength vs our weakness. Would be nice to get more out of Mixon next time & slow that rush down a notch but again.. Our OL outside of Karras is struggs. Disappointed to see Perine go back to go his old role almost entirely. Feel like a bruiser is just what we need against those guys.

As you said, we shall see.

I don't like it but does not completely suck ass because

the long range weather does not look horrible and

Monday is a national holiday so I don't have to get

up and be semi conscious at work.

Will also be nice to know going in it the Bills got

their asses handed to them that morning and we 

may get another home playoff game unless 

Goodell wants to award a consolation playoff game

to Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah. Their strength vs our weakness. Would be nice to get more out of Mixon next time & slow that rush down a notch but again.. Our OL outside of Karras is struggs. Disappointed to see Perine go back to go his old role almost entirely. Feel like a bruiser is just what we need against those guys.

As you said, we shall see.

The only team in all the playoffs that scares me is the 49ners, and that's because of Bosa. Without spending too much time looking that's the only outside pass rusher I'm thinking of that would worry me against out bad tackles, as I don't see the Cowboys with Parsons making it to the SB because Prescott is horrible. If Cappa can return the teams that have good inside guys like the Chiefs worry me less. 

Rats don't have the pass rush that worries me all that much

We would either get the Bills or the winner of the Jags/Chargers if Miami somehow pulls it off. ..... I'm not scared of any of those teams but really would prefer not to play the Bills, too much emotional baggage with that game and in their stadium would just add to that.

Chiefs their inside game worries me if Cappa cant return.

In the NFC the 49ners are the only team that scare me.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I don't like it but does not completely suck ass because

the long range weather does not look horrible and

Monday is a national holiday so I don't have to get

up and be semi conscious at work.

Will also be nice to know going in it the Bills got

their asses handed to them that morning and we 

may get another home playoff game unless 

Goodell wants to award a consolation playoff game

to Pittsburgh.

This was the best of the worst for me.

Monday is an off-day for me too. If it had been Monday night, no-go. Saturday night would have been the next-best to the worst. Then any 4:30 slot. 

Yesterday was hard enough at 1pm. The 3 hour trip back to CMH (inclusive of the walk back to the car and filtering through downtown traffic) was exhausting.  

I’ll be playing in a soccer tournament in Hawaii, after being invited by Chicago’s Half Century Club to join their over-68 team.  🌴

So, 8:15 pm here will be 3:15 pm there.  Probably the best time slot for me to have a chance to watch the game.    It just depends on my schedule.

Hopefully, I’ll have no late afternoon game, since it’ll be 80 degrees…but I’m sure you guys would feel sorry for me in the sweltering heat. 🥷

16 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I’ll be playing in a soccer tournament in Hawaii, after being invited by Chicago’s Half Century Club to join their over-68 team.  🌴

So, 8:15 pm here will be 3:15 pm there.  Probably the best time slot for me to have a chance to watch the game.    It just depends on my schedule.

Hopefully, I’ll have no late afternoon game, since it’ll be 80 degrees…but I’m sure you guys would feel sorry for me in the sweltering heat. 🥷

Feeling really bad for you that you might miss it being in ....checks notes....Hawaii

:ninja:

39 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

This would be amazing and put the Bengals home throughout ... But is very unlikely (almost impossible)

IMG_20230109_214209.jpg

If Tua plays I think they give Buffalo a good game, I don't see the Dolphins beating the Chiefs though. Otherwise I can see this.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Mira no surprise this fan base can’t comprehend the purpose of the oline scheme change. 

I mean an entire video broke it down. Phase by phase. 

still. Absolutely clueless. 

and yet find themselves so sure of it they they constantly repeat it. 

1. oline schemes vary to send help where the defense shows pressure or a blitz or a mismatch. 

2. the bengals oline had a few weaknesses. Volson sucks. Jonah is on island next to suck volson and gets beat by superior talent 1on1(which is logical) and then collins coming off back surgery and limited offseason work seemed a bit stiff. 

3. so they design a scheme to automatically crack all help to the left and giving collins the big gap on the right. So if they were going to have a weakness they could choose for it to be on the right. And with the gap collins had the leverage to crack inside and stop the gap and the extra step outside so if he was going to get beat it forced it to be on the outside and where burrow could see it coming. 

and this crowd just mashing keyboards with their tongue slobbering in the keys “aPaRreNtlTy cOlLiNs so bAD hEfAiLs blah blah blah”

ffs. 

completely ignoring the reality of the entire scheme and taking one couch sentence out of context and just fucking running with it. 

Jesus Christ. 

no one cares about actual football anymore. Everyone just wants to bitch and pint fingers and have no clue. 

the football forum is just the political forum with stripes in it. 

insufferable. 

Archived