Joe's next contract

Florio had a piece a couple days ago that the Bengals should give Burrow a % of the cap for his next deal. It's an idea he's been pushing for several years and the league hates it but it's permitted by the CBA. He said the league screwed the Bengals over on the location of the Bills playoff game so no need to do the league any favors. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:04 PM, westside bengal said:

I say be creative with Killer Joe's contract.  One of the Blackburn Girls hand in marriage and 25% of Bengals ownership as a dowery.  Front office position when he retires.

Caroline is the obvious choice, but they should give him a percentage of ownership...seriously. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Caroline is the obvious choice, but they should give him a percentage of ownership...seriously. 

And he would be foolish to take it.  The Brown family has total control over the organization and likely who can and cannot buy and sell shares.  Burrow would struggle to get his money out if that is what he wanted. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

And he would be foolish to take it.  The Brown family has total control over the organization and likely who can and cannot buy and sell shares.  Burrow would struggle to get his money out if that is what he wanted. 

They could always buy him out when he retires or sell it to someone else. If he had %5 of a multi billion dollar business, that is good money 

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/1/26/23572013/joe-burrow-evolution-sacks-afc-championship

Pretty good read on how Burrow has changed from last season to this season.

Good read. Thanks for posting.

This is what I keep trying to explain to my hubby why I prefer Burrow over Herbert. He has "it". Call it perception, call it a knack, call it whatever you want. He just has "it".

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Mike Brown would rather give him Carolina.

And let him use the Lumina every other weekend rather than the electric Porsche.

But only if he filled the tank before returning it.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

If you’re a D coordinator, that article is terrifying… 

Yes..

Actually facing JB and Co is any DCs nightmare..

His field vision reading defenses and accuracy are spot on..

They also know if you blitz him he'll burn you..

There really isn't much to do to stop him..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Hope that includes Tee.

Don't know that this really means anything, but after Chase's second TD in the Pro Bowl, he ran over to the stands and tossed the ball to a lucky fan. The "fan" was Tee Higgins. I think he may be hanging around for a while? :049:

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MOC said:

Don't know that this really means anything, but after Chase's second TD in the Pro Bowl, he ran over to the stands and tossed the ball to a lucky fan. The "fan" was Tee Higgins. I think he may be hanging around for a while? :049:

...and Tyler Boyd was there and filming it from what I've heard.  Tight knit group that hopefully stays together for a few super bowl runs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MOC said:

Hope so.

Two years ago Tee said he was changing his jersey number to 5.

So I had Bengals 5 Higgins jerseys made for my son and me (the former Grade School Gary all grown up).

to get ahead of the curve.  And he wasn't able to change it.  DOH!

Now he said he is changing it next year so I hope so and hope he is around for more than a year

for more than the sake of the jersey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CincyInDC said:

I'd assume/hope that because of the CBA there can't be Bobby Bonilla style shenanigans with Joe's contract?

The Reds only have to make two more $3.59M payments to Ken Griffey, Jr.  :suicide:

Id assume he may be a big part of this organization long after playing..

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Hope so.

Two years ago Tee said he was changing his jersey number to 5.

So I had Bengals 5 Higgins jerseys made for my son and me (the former Grade School Gary all grown up).

to get ahead of the curve.  And he wasn't able to change it.  DOH!

Now he said he is changing it next year so I hope so and hope he is around for more than a year

for more than the sake of the jersey.

Tee wants to stay here.

Bengals have another rook deal year out of him then franchise or sign him after that.

Cap goes up..Tee stays a Bengal..

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tee wants to stay here.

Bengals have another rook deal year out of him then franchise or sign him after that.

Cap goes up..Tee stays a Bengal..

The Cap going up really doesn't matter.  You are assuming that the going price for players will stay the same.  It won't.  Agents will demand more because there is more money to be spent. 

I think Higgins will stay because Mike Brown wants him to stay, but it's gonna cost.  Agents have a funny way of convincing their clients that they aren't getting what they deserve. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The Cap going up really doesn't matter.  You are assuming that the going price for players will stay the same.  It won't.  Agents will demand more because there is more money to be spent. 

I think Higgins will stay because Mike Brown wants him to stay, but it's gonna cost.  Agents have a funny way of convincing their clients that they aren't getting what they deserve. 

Not about "deserve", it's how much they could be getting from a different team. Most don't have a future HoF QB to account for & can afford to throw more money at them. It may not be Tee that goes but some of these big FA's up this year and next won't be playing for the Bengals in 2024. It's the nature of the biz.

They need to draft well to avoid any setback. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I'd feel better about it if Tee didn't have Jess Bates' agent.

• Upvote 1