Joe's next contract

24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not about "deserve", it's how much they could be getting from a different team. Most don't have a future HoF QB to account for & can afford to throw more money at them. It may not be Tee that goes but some of these big FA's up this year and next won't be playing for the Bengals in 2024. It's the nature of the biz.

They need to draft well to avoid any setback. 

You know that and I know that, but that isn’t going to be what the agent sells the player.  Deserve will be part of the conversation.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not about "deserve", it's how much they could be getting from a different team. Most don't have a future HoF QB to account for & can afford to throw more money at them. It may not be Tee that goes but some of these big FA's up this year and next won't be playing for the Bengals in 2024. It's the nature of the biz.

They need to draft well to avoid any setback. 

This is going to be the case so long as Joe in the QB here and as long as he is healthy. 

The Rats are having a hard time keeping Lamar

Kenny Picket is not that guy, he's not bad, but he isnt a QB that will win for them. From what I've seen he's slightly better than Andy Dalon.

The Massage Therapist hasn't show that he is going to be back to what he was in Houston, and frankly without D. Hopkins I'm not sure he is that good of a QB.

Unless things change in the division this division runs through Cincinnati for the next few years. That means we are in the playoffs every year, which means drafting well is paramount.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Hope so.

Two years ago Tee said he was changing his jersey number to 5.

So I had Bengals 5 Higgins jerseys made for my son and me (the former Grade School Gary all grown up).

to get ahead of the curve.  And he wasn't able to change it.  DOH!

Now he said he is changing it next year so I hope so and hope he is around for more than a year

for more than the sake of the jersey.

I heard the only reason it didn't change last year was he would have been on the hook for any unsold 85 jerseys already produced? I'm assuming that number is down to a manageable amount now and you'll be the first kid on the block with Tee's new #5 Bengal jersey for many years to come :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

...and Tyler Boyd was there and filming it from what I've heard.  Tight knit group that hopefully stays together for a few super bowl runs.

I've seen 2 different versions of the toss, one supposedly from Tyler Boyd's phone and one that's on Chase's Pro Bowl mic'd up video from the field perspective.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

We've discussed the Bengals taking BPA ..

Lets say the BPAs are.OG O'Cyrus Torrence and RB Bijan Robinson..

The two best players at their positions

and both plug and play..

One could argue a good corner or tackle but wont be BPA..

Do we draft one of these two?

Please not a UT running back in the first round..  Yeesh.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

We've discussed the Bengals taking BPA ..

Lets say the BPAs are.OG O'Cyrus Torrence and RB Bijan Robinson..

The two best players at their positions

and both plug and play..

One could argue a good corner or tackle but wont be BPA..

Do we draft one of these two?

Keep in mind it's BPA from buckets of guys not a per guy ranking. So if they have a guy that is at a position of need that is the same bucket as Torrence or Robinson. THAT's when it's BPA by position, if they don't they take Torrence or Robinson.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The Cap going up really doesn't matter.  You are assuming that the going price for players will stay the same.  It won't.  Agents will demand more because there is more money to be spent. 

I think Higgins will stay because Mike Brown wants him to stay, but it's gonna cost.  Agents have a funny way of convincing their clients that they aren't getting what they deserve. 

I’m not sure the cap analysis is quite true. When the cap is going up, teams can front run it perhaps ahead of “general” rises for all players. The increases to players overall is not instant but if a team knows the cap is going up it can make future commitments knowing they will have the room. This team still can also invoke more aggressive contract re-do’s to kick the can down the road. If the cap is at the expected $280M in 3 years there is lots of room for the 3 amigos. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Please not a UT running back in the first round..  Yeesh.

Man Ced Benson was an absolute stud for this team. If he had just been drafted 29th instead of #3 overall, no one would ever have a word to say about that dude. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Keep in mind it's BPA from buckets of guys not a per guy ranking. So if they have a guy that is at a position of need that is the same bucket as Torrence or Robinson. THAT's when it's BPA by position, if they don't they take Torrence or Robinson.

Good point..

46 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Where did Earl Campbell play?

Cedric Benson.Hamal Charles and on..

OK, please not any RB in the first round.  Better?

Though I say this as a lifetime Longhorns fan:  UT is pretty damned bad right now & I can only imagine the repeated ass-kickings they've got coming every week in the SEC.  Nobody else cares what they did 20 years ago.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

OK, please not any RB in the first round.  Better?

Though I say this as a lifetime Longhorns fan:  UT is pretty damned bad right now & I can only imagine the repeated ass-kickings they've got coming every week in the SEC.  Nobody else cares what they did 20 years ago.

I guess we will see what the Arch Manning effect will be.  God knows they have the money to compete in the SEC. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2023 at 4:15 PM, Jamie_B said:

Either of those two would upgrade the offense.

8m hoping both are still on the board

to chose from..

• Upvote 1