Rats @ Bengals - Playoff Edition - Gameday thread

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

:rolleyes:

The TV crew were making excuses for them as soon as we retook the lead.  Same old shit; the Bengals don't win, the other team loses.  We just benefit from their off night...  9 times in a row, apparently.

The best part of that is right after Huntley had his big run, Collinsworth said he was having an AMAZING game, after he had already started pumping him before that... then, the fumble of year.

Of course, they showed replay after replay trying to figure out how the Ravens could rewind the whole thing... "oh man that could be blocking in the back look at that OMG..."

Indeed par for the course, just ask Greg Gumbel.

7 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I believe Lamar has been fully healthy for weeks. 

But when you don't want to pay, they don't want to play. 

Baltimore has fucked up his contract situation from the start. 

The Bengals will show them how a real contract is done with Burrow's deal soon.

I've given Lamar the benefit of the doubt up to this point but his not being there, even in street clothes, is a give away that he is dogging it. Why was he not there? 

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:rolleyes:

The TV crew were making excuses for them as soon as we retook the lead.  Same old shit; the Bengals don't win, the other team loses.  We just benefit from their off night...  9 times in a row, apparently.

Not to mention that they kept touting the Ravens defense and didn’t even mention that our defense has not given up a touchdown in the first quarter in like 9 games or something like that. 

17 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Not to mention that they kept touting the Ravens defense and didn’t even mention that our defense has not given up a touchdown in the first quarter in like 9 games or something like that. 

Kept saying defending AFC North champs...  Bengals won the whole conference. If they mentioned this team was in the SB last year I didn't hear it

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I believe Lamar has been fully healthy for weeks. 

But when you don't want to pay, they don't want to play. 

Baltimore has fucked up his contract situation from the start. 

The Bengals will show them how a real contract is done with Burrow's deal soon.

I actually think Lamar has fucked up this whole process by not having an agent who could negotiate on his behalf 24/7. 

Furthermore, he has won a grand total of 1 playoff game in 4 years and his follow up to that only win was a loss to the Bills where the offense managed 3 points.  Better defenses know how to contain him.  

I would not be surprised to see the Ravens make a move to get someone like Carr.   GMs realize huge contracts for QBs don’t translate to a better team. It tends to lead to serious weaknesses at other positions. 

In Jackson’s case, you would be spending a huge amount on a QB whose strength is his ability to run, a gift that can come back to bite you, like this year. 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I actually think Lamar has fucked up this whole process by not having an agent who could negotiate on his behalf 24/7. 

Furthermore, he has won a grand total of 1 playoff game in 4 years and his follow up to that only win was a loss to the Bills where the offense managed 3 points.  Better defenses know how to contain him.  

I would not be surprised to see the Ravens make a move to get someone like Carr.   GMs realize huge contracts for QBs don’t translate to a better team. It tends to lead to serious weaknesses at other positions. 

In Jackson’s case, you would be spending a huge amount on a QB whose strength is his ability to run, a gift that can come back to bite you, like this year. 

Didn't even think of Carr going to Baltimore...intriguing.

Hate to say it but they may actually benefit from a move like that

I'm already tired of Dobbins and others saying "if we had Lamar we would have won..." Hey, if we had our offensive line healthy we would have beaten you straight up with Lamar. Injuries happen in the NFL, particularly after 18 weeks. Next time, don't have Lamar running so darn much. You're asking for an injury when you play like that

17 minutes ago, Griever said:

Didn't even think of Carr going to Baltimore...intriguing.

Hate to say it but they may actually benefit from a move like that

I'm not sure that Carr is the best fit for them. I'm thinking they'll want a more mobile QB than that. 

I've said for awhile that I hope they throw the bank at Lamar. But I think they're smarter than that. I don't think they'll even offer him what they did last summer. Why Lamar thinks $133 million guaranteed isn't enough, I don't know

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I've given Lamar the benefit of the doubt up to this point but his not being there, even in street clothes, is a give away that he is dogging it. Why was he not there? 

Yeah, that's a really bad look when you can't even be bothered to travel the short distance for a road game...I mean it was a f'ing PLAYOFF GAME.  What a POS.  Same goes for some of the players and coaches on that team too.  Maybe instead of Dobbins running his mouth, he should consider the real reason Lamar didn't play (or even show up to support his team).

Crazy stats that show how pathetic this franchise has been, and the history Zac/Burrow are trying to reverse:

Bengals only franchise around that hadn't won playoff games in consecutive years.  That ended.  I guess you could say the Lions haven't either but they won back to back championship in the 1950s so that counts. 

Zac Morris is now the franchise leader in playoff wins.  With 5.  Sam had 4. 

Tyler Huntley has more playoff TDs than Andy Dullton.  

Archived