Rats @ Bengals - Playoff Edition - Gameday thread

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I actually think Lamar has fucked up this whole process by not having an agent who could negotiate on his behalf 24/7. 

Furthermore, he has won a grand total of 1 playoff game in 4 years and his follow up to that only win was a loss to the Bills where the offense managed 3 points.  Better defenses know how to contain him.  

I would not be surprised to see the Ravens make a move to get someone like Carr.   GMs realize huge contracts for QBs don’t translate to a better team. It tends to lead to serious weaknesses at other positions. 

In Jackson’s case, you would be spending a huge amount on a QB whose strength is his ability to run, a gift that can come back to bite you, like this year. 

If I recall they offered him a multi year deal with $100M guaranteed and he turned it down. There does come a point where greed factors into things here. How does one turn down $100M guaranteed? I get that Rub&Tug got $250M guaranteed but still you have to look around and think NO other team will give out a long term deal all fully guaranteed or if they do they will be a garbage organization like the Clowns. 

Lamar is looking very selfish here, we KNOW other QB's like JB would have made every effort to play for thier teams yesterday given the same injury/recovery. 

Again, everyone is free to get the best deal they can but this is also a team game and even the best players need the buy-in from teammates. 

And lastly, fu*k the Ravens...lol

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

I would not be surprised to see the Ravens make a move to get someone like Carr.   GMs realize huge contracts for QBs don’t translate to a better team. It tends to lead to serious weaknesses at other positions. 

In Jackson’s case, you would be spending a huge amount on a QB whose strength is his ability to run, a gift that can come back to bite you, like this year. 

You'd think the Ravens would know this as well or better than anyone, seeing as they did this once with Flacco - "had to" pay him, couldn't sign anyone to put around him.

And I agree that if they're going to do this they probably have a bunch more retooling to do to get away from an offense built around a 50/50 (at best) run-to-pass QB.

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Crazy stats that show how pathetic this franchise has been, and the history Zac/Burrow are trying to reverse:

Bengals only franchise around that hadn't won playoff games in consecutive years.  That ended.  I guess you could say the Lions haven't either but they won back to back championship in the 1950s so that counts. 

Zac Morris is now the franchise leader in playoff wins.  With 5.  Sam had 4. 

Tyler Huntley has more playoff TDs than Andy Dullton.  

Zac Morris? Whatever...we won 3 playoff games last year. We won one this year. Where'd Zac get his 5th win?

I wouldn't automatically assume that Jackson refused to come to Cincinnati unless that is already out there and I missed it.  Maybe the front office didn't want him there?  Either way there is a big disconnect going on in Baltimore to say the least. 

Jackson is a talented QB.  His running is next world, but it's unsustainable physically, and he's proving it every year.  From what I've watched his accuracy is very streaky, which makes you doubt how well he could do as a pocket passer.  On the other hand, the Ravens have given him next to nothing to work with at receiver, and if you believe Steve Young they have never given him a sophisticated passing offense to operate.  So, who really knows if he could do it?  I think it would take a lot of changes (and money) for Jackson to return to the Ravens.  He probably feels he hasn't been supported properly, and he has a point. 

To add on to all this you have Dobbins complaining about play calling, and Harbaugh throwing the backup QB under the bus for the goal line play.  All is not well in Ravenland.

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I wouldn't automatically assume that Jackson refused to come to Cincinnati unless that is already out there and I missed it.  Maybe the front office didn't want him there?  Either way there is a big disconnect going on in Baltimore to say the least. 

Jackson is a talented QB.  His running is next world, but it's unsustainable physically, and he's proving it every year.  From what I've watched his accuracy is very streaky, which makes you doubt how well he could do as a pocket passer.  On the other hand, the Ravens have given him next to nothing to work with at receiver, and if you believe Steve Young they have never given him a sophisticated passing offense to operate.  So, who really knows if he could do it?  I think it would take a lot of changes (and money) for Jackson to return to the Ravens.  He probably feels he hasn't been supported properly, and he has a point. 

To add on to all this you have Dobbins complaining about play calling, and Harbaugh throwing the backup QB under the bus for the goal line play.  All is not well in Ravenland.

0hQyd5L.gif

It's kind of a weird reverse story from the 2006 playoffs. As you recall, after the stealerz knee-capped Palmer, they went on to play the Colts in Indy. The inbreeders were driving for a TD at the goal line when that fat fuck RB from Detroit fumbled and the Colts should've taken it back to the house but the rapist shoe string tackled the guy and then the Colts kicker eventually choked and the script went on as planned. We are re-writing the script bitches. 

6 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

So do we have a list? What bars did he go to last night? I only heard about one, the Blind Pig

Zip's got one.

Fun Fact:  A Blind Pig is an old slang term for an unlicensed "bar" in a garage or cellar going back to prohibition if not 

before where alcohol was served by the shot or bottle.  Often diluted or doctored or dosed with grain alcohol which

could, indeed, render someone blind.   Also a great place to get rolled.

Source: "Forbidden Fruit" about the decades long corruption in northern KY and Newport by Peter Bronson.

Great read.  Ask Ms SheBengal.

3 hours ago, saphead said:

It's kind of a weird reverse story from the 2006 playoffs. As you recall, after the stealerz knee-capped Palmer, they went on to play the Colts in Indy. The inbreeders were driving for a TD at the goal line when that fat fuck RB from Detroit fumbled and the Colts should've taken it back to the house but the rapist shoe string tackled the guy and then the Colts kicker eventually choked and the script went on as planned. We are re-writing the script bitches. 

This is exactly what it reminded me of.  I remember being so happy to see Bettis fail, and as it was being run back being so happy that the Stealers were about to lose.  Then the rapist made the play (perhaps more accurately the dude who recovered it inexplicably ran back to the middle instead of going to toward the sideline, giving Ben a chance to make the play).

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I've given Lamar the benefit of the doubt up to this point but his not being there, even in street clothes, is a give away that he is dogging it. Why was he not there? 

Hes basically telling the Rats 

Fuck you im otta here..

South Beach headed and why not?

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Zip's got one.

Fun Fact:  A Blind Pig is an old slang term for an unlicensed "bar" in a garage or cellar going back to prohibition if not 

before where alcohol was served by the shot or bottle.  Often diluted or doctored or dosed with grain alcohol which

Source: "Forbidden Fruit" about the decades long corruption in northern KY and Newport by Peter Bronson.

It is a great read. There also was a mystery series set in Newport during the 40’s and 50’s written by Cathie John that was really good. The books are called “Little Mexico “ and “In the Name of the Father”. 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Zip's got one.

I read it a year ago.   I had no idea Newport was that corrupt and that the mob was that prevalent.  

One problem with my Carr/ Vet QB In Baltimore scenario would be the reaction of the players.  I am guessing it would be tough to take over for a former MVP who is still in his prime.  Fans would go apeshit too.  

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

This is exactly what it reminded me of.  I remember being so happy to see Bettis fail, and as it was being run back being so happy that the Stealers were about to lose.  Then the rapist made the play (perhaps more accurately the dude who recovered it inexplicably ran back to the middle instead of going to toward the sideline, giving Ben a chance to make the play).

Yes he did take a weird route. Also, as I recall, the guy returning the fumble had gotten stabbed in the leg by his GF in a domestic dispute a couple nights beforehand, and was far from 100% healthy. Just another strange sidenote in another illegitimate stools title*.  

Archived