Buffalo (Divisional Playoff) Week

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm hoping we can get Mixon going for a change

I'm out on Mixon.   I've come to terms that he's a below average back...which is crazy to me.  He's pathetic in pass pro (which is a huge deal in this offense) and he's nothing special in the running game.  He doesn't gave great acceleration or explosion.  He does finish runs with power which is nice, but he's below average at breaking tackles.  I'd much rather give Chris Evans a shot at this point, he can't be worse that Mix has been.  Outside of ball security and finishing runs with power, what does Mixon excel at?

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

I'm out on Mixon.   I've come to terms that he's a below average back...which is crazy to me.  He's pathetic in pass pro (which is a huge deal in this offense) and he's nothing special in the running game.  He doesn't gave great acceleration or explosion.  He does finish runs with power which is nice, but he's below average at breaking tackles.  I'd much rather give Chris Evans a shot at this point, he can't be worse that Mix has been.  Outside of ball security and finishing runs with power, what does Mixon excel at?

Our offense is in need of an influx of new plays/ideas. I don't understand why they aren't doing that with Chris Evans. We tricked the Chiefs by running a play for him but we haven't seen Evans since

45 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Our offense is in need of an influx of new plays/ideas. I don't understand why they aren't doing that with Chris Evans. We tricked the Chiefs by running a play for him but we haven't seen Evans since

I agree.  I'm not sold on Chris Evans, but he seems to have more acceleration and looks to be a better receiver.  It's literally impossible for Evans to be worse in pass pro than Mixon.  The only thing I'd be worried about with Evans at this point is ball security...and I'd hate to test that out in the postseason.

I think we were all enamoured with Perine when Mixon was out because Perine just did his job.  Perine wasn't great, but he did what he was expected to do.  At this point, our expectation for Mixon is greater than his production/ability which leads to disappointment.  Our expectation for Perine was much lower and when he did ok, we were ecstatic.  

28 minutes ago, Griever said:

If I'm the Bengals (or the Jags for that matter), this pisses me the fuck off

The NFL will never not piss me off. 

In this case, they are playing the very high percentages: JAX cannot host the AFCCG regardless...and the Bengals can only host if JAX wins. 

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Couldn't agree more. I like Evans, but what I'd really like to see are some designed roll outs. Particularly on gotta have it downs in the 3 to 7 yard range. We almost never run (with good reason in that scenario) and pass rushes get home way too often. With Hurst and Perine rolling in protection a few things can happen. If the plays unfolding with reasonable success, Joe has a moment to see if Chase is singled on a go route and pull the trigger if that's the case. If not, Hurst or Perine can shed a defender for a quick conversion. Maybe one of them isn't even accounted for (not to mention Boyd or Higgins) as this scenario has Chase double covered. New plays could be tough with 3 backups in, but just about anything is better than watching Burrow drop straight back and tuck the ball as a jailbreak pass rush slams into him before he can even make a first read. Sucks when the play is over before it even starts.

1 hour ago, A Rock said:

Couldn't agree more. I like Evans, but what I'd really like to see are some designed roll outs. 

Rolling JB out of pocket would require the OT to sustain a block.  If not he's just walking into an easy sack.

There's not an OT on the roster they trust to do that consistently, healthy or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Rolling JB out of pocket would require the OT to sustain a block.  If not he's just walking into an easy sack.

There's not an OT on the roster they trust to do that consistently, healthy or otherwise.

A lot of teams will run play action the opposite way hoping the DE or whomever has outside contain bites.  If they don't bite, it's ugly, if they do, the QB has a nice run/pass option.  Risky either way.

Archived