Buffalo (Divisional Playoff) Week

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Yeah, "great atmosphere".

Checking Wunderground, it's showing snow showers beginning at 1pm; inch or less accumulation through 8pm. 32 degrees will hold for most of the game. Wind will be nominal. 

Not as nice as it was this past weekend for BUF, but not the Russian Front either. Of course, anything can change in that ice cave. 

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/orchard-park/date/2023-1-22

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Yeah, "great atmosphere".

Checking Wunderground, it's showing snow showers beginning at 1pm; inch or less accumulation through 8pm. 32 degrees will hold for most of the game. Wind will be nominal. 

Not as nice as it was this past weekend for BUF, but not the Russian Front either. Of course, anything can change in that ice cave. 

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/orchard-park/date/2023-1-22

Sounds like not a good day to wear all white uniforms. 

On 1/16/2023 at 1:13 PM, UncleEarl said:

Carmen looked good against the guy who was bull rushing Williams to death, but once they put a speed guy against him Carmen was a turnstile.  If a RB or TE didn’t chip for him it was the express Lane to Burrow.  

Yes..

Carman doesnt have happy feet so speed rushers slip around him ..

He holds his own against bull rushers..

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes..

Carman doesnt have happy feet so speed rushers slip around him ..

He holds his own against bull rushers..

Technique can be taught.  Not a whole lot to be done if a guy is consistently getting overpowered.  After 3 years as a pro he's probably not getting any stronger.

46 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Sounds like not a good day to wear all white uniforms. 

Like I said, likely little to no accumulation at all. Doubtful snow will even be a factor. Wind looks fairly benign too, so should be OK. 

And I am still asking--no make that screaming--the question: WHY ARE THE BENGALS PLAYING HERE????

Roger has never explained why this game isn't at a neutral sight, as the situation is exactly the same as the AFCCG one in Atlanta. 

But I think I would rather just beat them outside in Buffalo, than even play in Atlanta tbh. As the Bengals are an outdoor team. 

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Rolling JB out of pocket would require the OT to sustain a block.  If not he's just walking into an easy sack.

There's not an OT on the roster they trust to do that consistently, healthy or otherwise.

Yeah, fair to say nobody trusts the OTs to sustain blocks. Not consistently. I've been hoping they'll devise something to get the skill players to explode for more points (especially in the postseason) like we all know they can. Maybe a couple roll outs right toward Adeniji with Hurst helping to Joe's front side could work. I'm like Charlie Brown and the football. I see just enough out the offense and think, "this next week they'll finally gel and start steamrolling." Serious question. Do you think it'll be the same script down the stretch? Opportunistic defense that bends between the 20s but rarely breaks in the red zone, with timely turnovers. Burrow pulling just enough rabbits out of hats for just enough points. All four of the postseason wins these past two years have came down to the wire. The answer to all of this would be establishing a serious run game, but that's been sporadic to put it very kindly. Also serious question, just curious. What do you think they can do to open things up, knowing how thin they are up front?

4 minutes ago, A Rock said:

Yeah, fair to say nobody trusts the OTs to sustain blocks. Not consistently. I've been hoping they'll devise something to get the skill players to explode for more points (especially in the postseason) like we all know they can. Maybe a couple roll outs right toward Adeniji with Hurst helping to Joe's front side could work. I'm like Charlie Brown and the football. I see just enough out the offense and think, "this next week they'll finally gel and start steamrolling." Serious question. Do you think it'll be the same script down the stretch? Opportunistic defense that bends between the 20s but rarely breaks in the red zone, with timely turnovers. Burrow pulling just enough rabbits out of hats for just enough points. All four of the postseason wins these past two years have came down to the wire. The answer to all of this would be establishing a serious run game, but that's been sporadic to put it very kindly. Also serious question, just curious. What do you think they can do to open things up, knowing how thin they are up front?

I pointed out that JB throw distance to Chase and Higgins was extremely low against the Rats..

Under 7yrds to Tee and JaMarr..

His average this season has been 11yrds per attempt.

He's hoping for YAC yrds from them as his time is very limited (2.54sec)..

More time more distance.

Its about pass protection again..

A theoretical question…not a suggestion:

Adeniji played decent at LT when he had to at points during the season. Prince played RT in the playoffs last year. 

Would it be worth it to make a big switch here…and eliminate the Jackson Carman question? Or, just roll with it like Sunday and hope for the best? 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Like I said, likely little to no accumulation at all. Doubtful snow will even be a factor. Wind looks fairly benign too, so should be OK. 

And I am still asking--no make that screaming--the question: WHY ARE THE BENGALS PLAYING HERE????

Chances are if we would host the AFC Championship Game

Dodgy Roger would have it played on a neutral site.

I recognize the OL is a problem (ha!) & if that gets us beat, so be it.  Just want a good game without the refs trying so hard to push a painfully obvious narrative.

Sure seems like Roger is bigly mad that Mixon & crew didn't just BTFO.  The last 2 games against Baltimore have looked like he called a Code Red.

17 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Are you taking about Carman or Williams?

Both.  Williams probably isn't getting any stronger.  Carman could potentially improve his footwork to handle speed rushers but apparently doesn't take coaching well.  

Maybe being thrown into the deep end is just the sort of motivation he needed?

Archived