BENGALS @ BILLS - Playoff GameDay Thread

Hey, I missed the pre-game stuff, so I’m curious.  How did the Bills fans initially react to the Bengals?  There was speculation that they would initially receive a warm welcome…that would soon turn into normal game-day behavior.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I read where half of Joe Mixon's rushing yards came after contact. He had a damned good game.

He sure did.  He has stepped it up.  My thoughts about the Bengals walking away from his contract are now rescinded.  He will be back.

Everyone knows I have not been a fan of Carman at all. I figured his NFL career was over and that he was a monumental bust.

But he really showed something last night and I think the biggest issue may have been that at guard he was out of position. He is clearly a LT only and really excels on the edge where he can lean forward more and overpower smaller DEs. I think riding the pine also awoke something in him. 

I am glad to be wrong about him and think that him and Volson make a very formidable left side in the run game. Jonah's injury was a net positive talent wise, imo. 

13 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Everyone knows I have not been a fan of Carman at all. I figured his NFL career was over and that he was a monumental bust.

But he really showed something last night and I think the biggest issue may have been that at guard he was out of position. He is clearly a LT only and really excels on the edge where he can lean forward more and overpower smaller DEs. I think riding the pine also awoke something in him. 

I am glad to be wrong about him and think that him and Volson make a very formidable left side in the run game. Jonah's injury was a net positive talent wise, imo. 

He played LT quite well at Clemson for 2 years

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Just look at this blocking from chase and Carman. Dayum

Damn near sat his ass back on the bench!

I know they say guys don't lose their spot because of injury but I've never seen Williams dominate like that.  Maybe he can play guard.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Damn near sat his ass back on the bench!

I know they say guys don't lose their spot because of injury but I've never seen Williams dominate like that.  Maybe he can play guard.

I want to see it for more than one game, especially against speedy DEs. If he can play like that against speed DEs Williams can start looking for his next team.

Archived