BENGALS @ BILLS - Playoff GameDay Thread

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

No way do they replace Volson with Jonah. I like the idea of Jonah being a utility 6th man backing up several places. 

Another option would be trading him for a dominant PR/KR / scat back (the only thing the Bengals roster lacks). 

Agree about Jonah..

Are Williams ( with the kneecap popping out ) and Collins (bad back) damaged goods next year?

Hope they heal up but as long as Carman plays decent I'd leave him there and find a RT in the draft..

Hopefully theyll recover but red flags on their future here..

BTW..

On returner/scatback..

Isn't that Treyveon Williams roll?

I like him..you dont?

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Uh…how about me? 

image.thumb.jpeg.09cfd87953f04861dc6b89c9e966f6b4.jpeg

I noticed D'Ante Smith (#70) in the game on multiple occasions, but didn't really pay attention to him specifically.  Was he just a 6th OLine on special jumbo packages, or in for relief of Adeniji, or what?  Anyone notice?

man i came in here like, we stomped those dudes there wont be much wild dumb shit said in this thread.

i was so wrong.

yall are always wild in here.

a few comments from my old dumb ass...

1. jonah isnt going anywhere, he is still a starting caliber tackle(there are only like 14 in the whole league that are great, and 64 start on sundays, theres a lot of guys worse than jonah, the previous two seasons he was 44th and 32nd in pass blocking OT's, and i would think it would be obvious watching the last two seasons, having as many capable lineman on the roster is a really good idea... they tend to get hurt. and his money is locked in since its the 5th year option a 12 mil loss if cut. he isnt going anywhere. and he had a mediocre on his best day rookie starting next to him needing help and incapable of helping. hints the "everyone crash left and collins make sure to cover the inside gap" line scheme we switched too. jonah is average, average is pretty good at tackle.

2. "get perine some reps" - stfu already

3. how is it everyone who has 1-2 hiccups here or there sucks all the sudden? especially at games, but fans bitch about fucking everything. crisman sucks cause he had a single bad punt? was ther a scharping sucks cause he missed an assignment i think i saw? bitching about how many plays it takes to score from the 1... jesus... is everyone just in the habit of bitching endlessly from the last 10 years? that game was borderline flawless.

4. carman has a good game, but he was always a good run blocker, always, snow helped slow everying down but the scheme was to get and give help with volson it seemed, ill run a breakdown of their plays later this week if i have time. such a fun game i keep getting distracted, and my brain is cheesed at this point.

how in the hell did tibor not know where sample went and who asiasi was?!?!?!?!?!

i tried to make a case for carman, yall shit on me over and over. somehow proud some trash small school guy was starting over him.

jackson just turned 23 during the bills game, he turned 21, able to drink 3 months before he was drafted. then he was thrown into the mix with a covid offseason, he was immature and came in out of shape, tossed to various sides of the ball at new positions, and a constant revolving door of young palyers around him. he had no real camp to learn, was thrown to the wolves.   then came in, got hurt, got covid, and lost his job during that time this offseason.. let the kid get on his feet for like a week jesus.

he JUST turned 23... lineman take some time to work in, especially if its at a new spot, give the KID a break. and maybe dont crown his ass just yet.. there will be turbulence ahead. let the kid grow.

and lastly... you cant just find linemen in the draft. as i also stated many times, in the last 6 years, 32% of OL picks at any spot, in the first 2 rounds, made it to the end of their 5th year. so either cut, traded, injured and out, given up on... waived.. 2/3 of them didnt cut it...  there is no "just find one in the draft" if so there would be 64 good tackles in the nfl. 

volson has been man handled excessively all year.. i dunno how one gets stronger and faster but he will have the offseason to do that.

OH and lastly.. are there SLOW EDGE rushers somewhere in the NFL? yall keep talking about speed rushers, its not 1999, justin smith isnt in the nfl, power edge rushers are call DT's now. every edge can fucking book it.

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

He was a LT in college primarily, but also played the other side some. One thing is for certain: he is a tackle, and not a guard. 

Agree...

Playing guard takes away one of his assets ..happy feet..

I dont think he's a powerful guard .especially in the run game.

I believe he's best suited at left tackle but Carman is laying claim to it right now..

In any case Im happy to see Addenijji

holding RT down for now..

3 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Taking quite of bit of heat over the "possible" Hamlin (3) reference.  The Cancun part was pretty funny, but kinda wish he'd have used a different snap count.  :)

Fucks sake, is the number 3 sacred now? Do we need to start ordering a "Thoughts & Prayers for Damar Hamlin-way" at Skyline or what?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Fucks sake, is the number 3 sacred now? Do we need to start ordering a "Thoughts & Prayers for Damar Hamlin-way" at Skyline or what?

Point taken, and I'm almost over the Damar thing myself, especially since they purposely showed Damar on the big screen at a critical point in the game for extra Bills motivation.

But let's just say it was a bit coincidental that he chose "3" considering everything.  If it was anyone else, I'd say it could be blown off as coincidence even if on purpose, but Apple loves to poke the bear and is taking heat about it.  And FYI, it would be GoldStar not Skyline :)...went there last night with their "BOGO after every Bengals win as the official sponsor" (spit).  Spent almost $20 for wife and I...2 "ways" and 2 drinks and tip...both "ways" were very obviously undersized...one of the "ways" was free...and it was still almost $20 with tip.  I'm a Skyline fan so to say I was a bit disappointed was an understatement.

5 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Taking quite of bit of heat over the "possible" Hamlin (3) reference.  The Cancun part was pretty funny, but kinda wish he'd have used a different snap count.  :)

The Cancun 3 reference is a NBA meme, so a number other than 3 wouldn't make any sense.  

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

The Cancun 3 reference is a NBA meme, so a number other than 3 wouldn't make any sense.  

Gotcha, thanks.  Reference back to Nick Van Exel too...loved watching him and guys like Kenyon Martin, Melvin Levett, Danny Fortson, etc. during those UC / Bob Huggins days.

Archived