BENGALS @ BILLS - Playoff GameDay Thread

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm going to be very interested to see Jackson Carman's score on PFF from this game. To my eye, I think he played better than Jonah Williams did in many games this year. He looks so much more comfortable at LT. Pass blocking speedy edge rushers might not be his forte but he can sure maul guys and quite honestly, blocking speedy edge guys wasn't Jonah Williams' strength either

And quite honestly, very few tackles can block speedy edge guys

Final thoughts:

1. Amazing how easy this win was.  They were never threatened.  In retrospect, the most nervous moment was after Irwin dropped the ball on 2nd and 10, they had 3rd and 10 from the Bills 40 with the score 17-10.  They converted easily with Hurst leaping over a defender.  After that, it basically was over.  

2. OL was solid.  I can't believe the protection they gave and the running lanes for Mixon. 

3. I can't believe the DBs didn't get challenged by Allen, but did they choke, or is Sweet Lou that amazing? 

Just now, tibor75 said:

Final thoughts:

1. Amazing how easy this win was.  They were never threatened.  In retrospect, the most nervous moment was after Irwin dropped the ball on 2nd and 10, they had 3rd and 10 from the Bills 40 with the score 17-10.  They converted easily with Hurst leaping over a defender.  After that, it basically was over.  

2. OL was solid.  I can't believe the protection they gave and the running lanes for Mixon. 

3. I can't believe the DBs didn't get challenged by Allen, but did they choke, or is Sweet Lou that amazing? 

We put a lot of pressure on Allen, he escapes a lot but he never seemed to be comfortable in the pocket

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The Bills really played their hearts out for Damar and lost by 3 scores

I kid I kid, I'm glad he is going to be ok.

We're all glad he's going to be relatively OK...  but we knew that 2 weeks ago.   I'm also glad I was wrong about it turning into a Hallmark special.

43 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

"I can admit when I'm wrong". Good. I want to see him do a followup interview with her. He showed very little knowledge of the game of football right there

Yeah don't give him time to comb all the egg out of his beard

2 hours ago, Gary said:

He's always been emotional like that. I don't think it hurts their relationship.. 

When I played football with my brothers and the neighbor kids I would bitch at my brother if he threw a pass too low or whatever. An hour later when we are eating dinner we're laughing it up about something. He just wants to win. 

I think the point is, he keeps calling his QB out to get him the ball.  Plus, he left the stadium not even talking to his teammates.  They had to go get him to bring him back.  I understand passion but, like I said, he has been doing this for a long time now.  They were winning the whole season and he still did this during games and after. 

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm going to be very interested to see Jackson Carman's score on PFF from this game. To my eye, I think he played better than Jonah Williams did in many games this year. He looks so much more comfortable at LT. Pass blocking speedy edge rushers might not be his forte but he can sure maul guys and quite honestly, blocking speedy edge guys wasn't Jonah Williams' strength either

I think Buffalo, and the snow, was a good thing for Carman.  Slowed things down.  Still kinda surprised Buffalo didn't find a speedy guy to test him with.  KC is more known for their interior line play, so Carman may be good next week too. 

I really don't know Jonah Williams' strength

11 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

BTW who the hell is Devin Asiasi?  Has he played before?  Whatever happened to Drew Sample?  

Devin has been played sparingly this year.  Just a few catches on the year.  Former NE Patriot draft pick from 2020 and signed to Bengals this year.  Drew Sample blew out his knee in one of the first games of the year and put on IR.

Archived