BENGALS @ BILLS - Playoff GameDay Thread

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I want to see it for more than one game, especially against speedy DEs. If he can play like that against speed DEs Williams can start looking for his next team.

Fair.  What I don't want to see is some kind of Pop Warner, juicebox rotation bullshit like we've seen in the past, or Williams potentially coming back less than 100% for a SB game.  After the last 2 weeks I think it should be Carman's job to lose & tough shit if Jonah gets in his feelings over it.

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Fair.  What I don't want to see is some kind of Pop Warner, juicebox rotation bullshit like we've seen in the past, or Williams potentially coming back less than 100% for a SB game.  After the last 2 weeks I think it should be Carman's job to lose & tough shit if Jonah gets in his feelings over it.

Completely agree

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Damn near sat his ass back on the bench!

I know they say guys don't lose their spot because of injury but I've never seen Williams dominate like that.  Maybe he can play guard.

I never understood why we draft a LT to play RG.

That was a crapshoot attempt to fit a need which could have ended Joey Franchise career.

I’ll be looking fwd to see if this becomes a training camp battle next year.

3 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Williams is guaranteed $12mill next yr. Maybe LG next yr, but they won't sit him. I wonder if he has any trade value?

Him and Carman can battle it out. Competition is good. If the team feels Carman is the man Williams could be traded but more likely kept on for the year and then someone else signs him and we get the comp pick. 

1 minute ago, Sea Ray said:

Maybe LG next yr

No way do they replace Volson with Jonah. I like the idea of Jonah being a utility 6th man backing up several places. 

Another option would be trading him for a dominant PR/KR / scat back (the only thing the Bengals roster lacks). 

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Him and Carman can battle it out. Competition is good. If the team feels Carman is the man Williams could be traded but more likely kept on for the year and then someone else signs him and we get the comp pick. 

The way it should be. The Bengals do not have the luxury of casting aside any lineman willy-nilly.

10 minutes ago, Spotto said:

I never understood why we draft a LT to play RG.

Never have either, mate. It's like PFF dictates who should be a guard and who should be a tackle. It's obvious that both Carman and Adeniji--heck for that matter Smith--are solely fitted for tackle, and always have been.  

20 minutes ago, Spotto said:

why we draft a LT to play RG.

With Carman it is very obvious that he plays on the front of his feet, not the back anchor (heel). Since a guard is usually bracing himself and simply holding ground, you need to have a great base, but you're usually not going forward. 

In contrast, a OT needs to be able to push forward and keep up field momentum. That is what Carman does amazingly, as he is a real load when he gets moving and leaning on his toes. 

Carman is like a dancing bear who operates on his tip toes and likes to bury guys 8 yards down field ... Great for OT and terrible for a G. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

Been re-watching the game this afternoon/evening - Dax Hill had a really nice game. 

Also. the drive when bills pulled to within 17-10 was full of insane clutch high skill plays. Burrow scramble. Chase splitting two defenders to convert a first. the Tee one-handed catch. The Hurst hurdle. Over and over again on a drive that really was the one that sealed the game effectively. Just excellent stuff. the Hurst hurdle in particular was huge converting that 3rd down...

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Word...

Archived