State Farm Chiefs (Episode 2 Down Goes Kermit) AFC Championship Game Week

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Crazy thing is that Kelce has done absolutely nothing in 3 games against Cincinnati. 

Just watching him run around--almost always uncovered--against JAX, made me remember how great he is. 

Past is not present. Will need to step it up even more against him.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Just watching him run around--almost always uncovered--against JAX, made me remember how great he is. 

Past is not present. Will need to step it up even more against him.  

Bengals have faced Kelce 3 times in about a  years time..

What's KCs record against them?..0-3

Don't know how this defense can step up more than they have in post season but the2yll continue to bring it come Sunday..

Just insane...

2023 Super Bowl Odds

Odds as of Tuesday, Aug. 2.

• Buffalo Bills +600

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers +600

• Green Bay Packers +1000

• Kansas City Chiefs +1000

• Los Angeles Rams +1000

• Los Angeles Chargers +1200

• Dallas Cowboys +1600

• Denver Broncos +1600

• San Francisco 49ers +1800

• Baltimore Ravens +2000

• Cincinnati Bengals +2000

4 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Could someone explain what is and a how money line works?

Money Line is you bet which team will win the game, regardless of the score.

In a game with no point spread the money line is usually equal, but if you bet money line on a team that is an underdog ... You can win for instance 150$ or 200$ etc for every 100$ you bet. That's what the "+150" means etc.

Conversely, if you bet for the favored team on the money line, you may have to bet 150$ for every 100$ you win ... that would be a "-150" line. 

16 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

I don't bet on sports ever. Could someone explain 

If you place a bet and take the points (spread) rather than the money line, then you may need to guess the winner and have them win by a certain amount of points.

So for instance if the Chiefs were 3.5 point favorites, and you bet on the Bengals, as long as the Bengals don't lose by 4 or more you would win the money. So sometimes you don't need the team you bet on to actually win the game, you just need them to be closer than the spread. On the other hand, if you bet for a favorite, you not only need a win but by the amount of points they were favored by.

Yesterday the Bills were favored and lost by 17 ... So everyone who bet on the Bengals made money, and those betting the money line (that Cincy would win, not just keep it close) made even more than those who played the spread. 

15 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

In a game with no point spread the money line is usually equal, but if you bet money line on a team that is an underdog ... You can win for instance 150$ or 200$ etc for every 100$ you bet. That's what the "+150" means etc.

Conversely, if you bet for the favored team on the money line, you may have to bet 150$ for every 100$ you win ... that would be a "-150" line. 

Very well explained. Thank you

37 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Very well explained. Thank you

I bet on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl at +2100.  Which means if you put down 100 bucks, you'd win 2100 if they won it all.  When I made that bet last July 2022, the "best" odds were Buffalo at +650.  

I bet $50 bucks, so I'll get 2100/2 = 1050 if they win. 

If they beat KC, I'll have to decide if I want to place some money on the NFC team to hedge my bets, and win a couple hundred no matter what.  But as a Bengals fan, I don't think I can do that.  

Hello all!

First post here.Bengals fan from North Carolina. Been a fan since 2011! Also a teacher so if I come on here to vent, it is what it is haha.

Anyway, on to this one. I plan on attending(Hopefully confirming that tomorrow)if I can figure out someone to cover my classes. If I can't of course will be cheering on the boys from NC with a big get together at my pad.

Let the odds be what they are. Not a lot gave us a shot against Buffalo and look what happened. We beat these pricks last year and we can, no f it, WILL do it again,

Who Dey!

Speaking of bets and MoneyLines...I was just on DraftKings and noticed they now have betting on the 2024 Super Bowl Winner open (I said 2024, not this year) and here are the top 5 favorites...

KC:  +550

Bills:  +550

49ers:  +700

Eagles:  +1000

Bengals:  +1000

Hmmmmm...interesting...so people STILL think we won't be as good as KC and the Bills.  I don't think Burrow/Chase/Etc are going anywhere next year, so WTF?  Oh well, I'll take the longer odds to increase my winnings.

Also FYI, here are the other AFC North teams:

Ravens:  +2800

Browns:  +4500

Stealers:  +6000  (This one makes me chuckle)  :steelerssuck:

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

I bet on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl at +2100.  Which means if you put down 100 bucks, you'd win 2100 if they won it all.  When I made that bet last July 2022, the "best" odds were Buffalo at +650.  

I bet $50 bucks, so I'll get 2100/2 = 1050 if they win. 

If they beat KC, I'll have to decide if I want to place some money on the NFC team to hedge my bets, and win a couple hundred no matter what.  But as a Bengals fan, I don't think I can do that.  

Thanks tibor

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I too have never bet...one question for clarification. Given your example above, if you win $150 on a +150 bet, does the $150 include your $100 that you bet? In other words, are you really winning $150 in that scenario or are you actually only winning $50?

9 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I too have never bet...one question for clarification. Given your example above, if you win $150 on a +150 bet, does the $150 include your $100 that you bet? In other words, are you really winning $150 in that scenario or are you actually only winning $50?

No, the winnings do not include the money you put down and you will get that original money back.  So when you place the above bet, you have to fork over 100 bucks. 

When the game is over and you win, they will give you 250.  

Although most betting places charge a commission so you will be short a few bucks. 

Archived