22 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves Coach of the Year ?

• Zac
    • Nick
    • Kyle
    • Brian
    • Sean
    • Doug

I'm not saying Zac should definitely win it (even though I would vote for him, slightly over Daboll & Pederson), but to not even nominate Zac is a total joke. 

And how the fuck is underachieving McDermott - who just got his shit pushed in by Zac - nominated? Because Hamlin needed a resurrection on Zac's field? Absurd. 

IMG_20230125_150102.jpg

Unfortunately, I think Zac will never get the credit he deserves, because of how undeniably great Burrow and Chase are. 

But there are many teams around the league with great players, who totally fold under the pressure or whose coaches don't utilize their talents correctly. 

Zac's adaptation to Burrow's skill set, from a formerly play action zone run scheme, to basically a shotgun spread - 11 personnel draw team ... Has been a masterclass of putting one's ego aside to get the best results. 

Zac said himself, that they design plays around what Burrow likes to do, when many other coaches are stuck in their "way" of doing things that got them there. 

You also never hear of any locker room or sideline strife with Zac's teams. He jettisoned the Dunlap's who weren't on board and built a true team of guys who share and believe in his vision. 

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Unfortunately, I think Zac will never get the credit he deserves, because of how undeniably great Burrow and Chase are. 

But there are many teams around the league with great players, who totally fold under the pressure or whose coaches don't utilize their talents correctly. 

Zac's adaptation to Burrow's skill set, from a formerly play action, zone run scheme, to basically a spread - 11 personnel, draw team ... Has been a masterclass of putting one's ego aside to get the best results. 

Zac said himself, that they design plays around what Burrow likes to do, when many other coaches are stuck in their "way" of doing things that got them there. 

You also never hear of any locker room or sideline strife with Zac's teams. He jettisoned the Dunlap's who weren't on board and built a true team of guys who share and believe in his vision. 

There is no such thing as a coach who wins without talent around him, and guys who are rigid and don't adapt to the abilities of the team are soon fired.  Taylor is a good coach and should be in this mix, but the small fanbase thing strikes again.  You have to be really, really, really good to get individual recognition out of Cincinnati.

On the other hand, all this hand wringing about the lack of individual platitudes strikes me as wrong.  That's not what winning is about.  Fuck that stuff.  Let all the other teams have their individual awards.  That big silver trophy with the football on top is the only one that matters.

I voted Dougie P., no offense to Zac who I think did a great job this year. We all know the real coach of the year is the one at the podium hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Anyways, you go back to the beginning of the year and one of Dougie's quotes sort of stood out to me. He said that this Jags team, this organization needed healing. After the debacle the previous year, it sure as hell did. To come back from a terrible first half record, win the  division that was far and away "King Henry's" and the Titans... and then win a playoff game against the Chargers in that fashion... In year one of the regime? Pretty impressive. Lawrence and the Jags trajectory looks up to me.

i went for the Jags, expected to go nowhere yet made the playoffs, i cant see how  bills HC made it , they was the pick to win it all and are now out .. if its because of the Hamlin incident , then they should nominate the HC that shut everything down and made it about the bills and Hamlin, and put their well being 1st.   

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I voted for Pederson. The in-season rise from dead to playoffs, was expertly handled by him. 

Love Zac, and agree he should have been at least in the mix 

The Jags were barely above .500 and played in possibly the worst division in NFL history.  I think he is second.   

The Giants, in probably the best division in the NFL and with one of the worst rosters in the league somehow managed to make the playoffs.  My only issue is I lived in New York for 4 years and hate the Giants and Jets.  

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Nah man, the Jags were barely above .500 and played in possibly the worst division in NFL history.  

The Giants, in probably the best division in the NFL and with one of the worst rosters in the league somehow managed to make the playoffs.  My only issue is I lived in New York for 4 years and hate the Giants and Jets.  

They (fans from ALL of the northeast) are an insufferable bunch, but they make up for it by being completely ignorant of the fact that any team other than theirs matters at all or even exist!

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It usually goes to the coach whose team most outperforms preseason expectations. For me that's Sirianni of the Eagles.

I think a lot of people were picking the Eagles and 9ers.  The Eagles made the playoffs last year and had a stacked roster. The Giants were 4-13 last year. 

52 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Jags were barely above .500 and played in possibly the worst division in NFL history.  I think he is second.   

That is a good case for Daboll. They played a quite plucky game against MIN—which indicated he held them together in a tough playoff match on the road. They were ripped to smithereens against the Iggles, but that was to be expected. 

Have to love the guy… good old fat-assed football coach. 

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

I think a lot of people were picking the Eagles and 9ers.  The Eagles made the playoffs last year and had a stacked roster. The Giants were 4-13 last year. 

Cowboys and Rams were the heavy preseason favorites in those divisions. Eagles were wild card team last year and got beat pretty well in playoffs. There were lots of questions about Hurts before this season. The folks picking Shanahan are looking at him replacing 2 injured QBs this year without missing a beat. 

Archived