BENGALS @ CHIEFS - AFC Championship Game thread

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On refs - the fact that the NFL does not have full time refs is quite amazing. Having said that, the NHL has full time refs and they miss calls or have phantom calls all the time. Part of it is human nature, part of it the language of the rules (like when you sack a QB you can’t put full weight on him, this is ridiculous and is then subject to judgement) but lastly, I think the major leagues like these issues because it sparks rivalries and debate and keeps the conversation going between games. 

That brutal missed PI a few years back cost the Saints , but nothing changes. You could have a SB decided by the mind numbing “what is a catch “ definition. The league does not care. 

it is not rigged, it is just a bad ref model employed. There is holding in virtually every play yet the refs miss obvious ones but then call ones that are sketchy. 

Nature of the beast. 

Another good example: blowing a play dead when the QB is "in the grasp".   They recently made it so the refs are to decide if the QB's safety is in danger..  Which, if they're wrapped up already and the play is live, it is.. But they will let them fleeb around and make underhand passes or all sorts of other dumb shit, then call it an incomplete pass, or a fumble, or grounding, depending on their mood.  But don't go after their legs to bring them down, because that's a penalty, too.  Unless it's not.

5 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

With people still watching the complete abomination that is the NBA and its application of "rules", the NFL has a lot of space left before they have to even begin to worry about it IMO.

Speaking of the NBA, I had not watched a game in years but, decided to watch the Celts vs Lakers the other day or just part of it, classic rivalry back in the day and being a Celts fan and I come to find out they have a foul challenge.  😂 I was like, what the…. No telling what other rules they implemented since I have watched and really don’t want to know.  Lastly, was the game rigged?  LeWhine was fouled on the very last play and it was not called.  I was shocked they didn’t call it. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

Speaking of the NBA, I had not watched a game in years but, decided to watch the Celts vs Lakers the other day or just part of it, classic rivalry back in the day and being a Celts fan and I come to find out they have a foul challenge.  😂 I was like, what the…. No telling what other rules they implemented since I have watched and really don’t want to know.  Lastly, was the game rigged?  LeWhine was fouled on the very last play and it was not called.  I was shocked they didn’t call it. 

Not rigged, just not basketball anymore.  

Here's a taste of what passes for basketball in the NBA.  This is one player who has "favoured" status, and a small subset of the shit he is allowed to do:

8 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Looks like BOS was playing at home. That is another equation to calls/no calls in that fake league. 

On 1/30/2023 at 8:47 AM, UncleEarl said:

I have to admit that the performance of last night's referees was abysmal.  If you are one to believe in conspiracy theories they sure gave you a lot to hang your hat on in that game.  I, for one, don't buy into it.  Do you know how hard it is to get someone to keep a secret?  A secret that is worth so much money?  All the people involved with the NFL and referees would all have to keep their mouths shut to everyone including their families.  Do realize how unlikely that is?  It's impossible.  Someone would squeal.  Lots of people would squeal.  It couldn't' be sustained. 

As for last night...I could see one rouge official making a call and a key period of time to try to influence a game for gamblers, or whoever wanted that outcome.  Last night wasn't just one call.  It was call after call.  The officials were absolutely confused and incompetent.  The whole "extra down" thing was a master class in incompetence.  The blew that situation in every way possible.  Folks, incompetence is an epidemic.  It's the explanation you are looking for.  That officials crew should be split up and sent for remedial training, and whoever called the PI on Hilton should be bumped down to HS football.  When Gene Steratore starts questioning the officiating you know it's really bad. 

Finally, if you think the league is corrupt and influencing games you should be able to make a killing at the betting windows. 

Imagine being this naive 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:15 AM, Jamie_B said:

All of this. There is more truth to the idea that refs should be a full time job than there is that the NFL fixes games.

And this naive 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:52 AM, HavePityPlease said:

I think most people (not everyone) around here realizes the Bengals had a chance in this game, but obvious tilting is just an observation at the end of the day and the two are not mutually exclusive.  

As for the "they didn't score so no big deal" point of view, that's not true because both of the Chiefs' last two drives that were punts were both aided by shit calls that gave the punter the opportunity to coffin-corner/pin us, which he did both times.  That matters, unfortunately.  Point taken that we still had the chance, but it was just that much harder - standard NFL tilting.

As well as take time off the clock

On 1/30/2023 at 12:01 PM, T-Dub said:

Every other pro sport has at some point suffered through a scandal over corruption. This has never happened in the NFL.

To conclude this is because the NFL is never, ever corrupt is absurd.

My little mind can’t handle anything other than what I’ve been told so I’ll conclude that you’re a tin foil wearing conspiracy theorist (term coined by CIA btw) because it will make me feel better and is dismissive towards you. That’s what my programming instructs me to do so dammit that’s what I’m going to do…

On 1/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, UncleEarl said:

So what I understand some of you are suggesting is that referees consciously exert influence over games at the league's discretion?  So, for a couple hundred grand a year, and no insurance, these guys help the league make extra millions?  None of them ever squeal or talk about it even after they retire?  These same officials have battled the NFL for better pay in 2012 and 2015.  No chance.

Upper echelon of naivety, this guy 

On 1/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, UncleEarl said:

Bias I understand.  That can't really be helped.  That is not the NFL trying to influence games.

Do you realize how much money a whistleblower could make by ratting out the NFL?  If a retired ref wanted to write a book, call TMZ, contact the Justice department, etc. they would make a shitload of money.  Why don't they?  The logical answer is because the refs don't consciously influence games, especially under direction of the NFL.  That house of cards wouldn't last. 

One of the reasons crime syndicates come and go is because people see how much money is being made from their efforts, get pissed about how little they get, and either squeal or challenge the syndicate.  They can't challenge the NFL.  If there was deliberate influencing from officials that stuff would be in the news in no time. 

My goodness are you trying to convince others or just reassure yourself? 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:02 PM, T-Dub said:

So somehow, miraculously, the NFL is the only pro sports franchise in history that has never, ever had a corrupt official.

yuh-smiling.gif

Look at the conspiracy theorist everyone. Look at him! 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:02 PM, Le Tigre said:

So some media geek in a tank top can explain the creation of the world, and this is it? 

BTW: the betting sites being pimped in his tagline are a great testament to this fountain of knowledge 

All you have to do is have some ‘expert’ chime in and say “everything is ok guys, nfl is the epitome of integrity” and the zombies are pacified.  “See guys I told you nothing to worry about…Pat McAfee himself has said nfl isn’t rigged”.  

By the way, where’s the Superbowl this year? Arizona right?  Wonder what the name of that stadium is and if there’s any connection at all with the State Farm Chiefs?  Nah, probably not that’s conspiracy talk…

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Imagine smoking weed to the point it effects your brain so much that your paranoia makes you think everything is a conspiracy 

It’s effected my brain so much I finished medical school. But yeah, tell yourself whatever you need to man, and don’t forget to S M I L E 🤣 

To think a multi billion dollar industry doesn’t shift things for their bottom line is a level of naivety I am so glad and thankful I cannot understand.  

And I’ve promised bengalbacker to not get into it in threads with you, 50 yr old virgin, otherwise I would have some fun at your expense.  

17 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

It’s effected my brain so much I finished medical school. But yeah, tell yourself whatever you need to man, and don’t forget to S M I L E 🤣 

To think a multi billion dollar industry doesn’t shift things for their bottom line is a level of naivety I am so glad and thankful I cannot understand.  

And I’ve promised bengalbacker to not get into it in threads with you, 50 yr old virgin, otherwise I would have some fun at your expense.  

Who said anything about not being able to be functional while still holding paranoid conspiracies?

The problem is your conspiracy doesnt hold up to scrutiny, so you shift the goalposts. The day that we win a Super Bowl I will be tagging you asking what then, Will the goalpost change again too?

Who's 50 or a virgin, just because Jason and I goofed on each other all the time doesnt make the jokes true (you know kind of how he wasn't actually white). It was jokes. I do however find it kinda sad that that is where you put your worth, maybe someday someone will love you Amir. Good luck with that.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Who said anything about not being able to be functional while still holding paranoid conspiracies?

The problem is your conspiracy doesnt hold up to scrutiny, so you shift the goalposts. The day that we win a Super Bowl I will be tagging you asking what then, Will the goalpost change again too?

Who's 50 or a virgin, just because Jason and I goofed on each other all the time doesnt make the jokes true (you know kind of how he wasn't actually white). It was jokes. I do however find it kinda sad that that is where you put your worth, maybe someday someone will love you Amir. Good luck with that.

😂 

I too am waiting for someone that will love me….this hot ass chick that sleeps next to me every night says she does but come on, do we really believe her? 

So you’ve touched a boobie in the last 5 years or so? I’m super proud of you bro!  

I find it hilarious that you started the personal attacks then all the sudden have this dr phil moment. Quite touching. I think I shed a tear…

Actually I think you’re full of shit. 

Now, if you want to continue your nonsense pls PM me so I don’t go against my word to BengalBacker.  Otherwise I’ll share my thoughts in these public threads…and nobody really wants that Jaime. 

33 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

😂

I too am waiting for someone that will love me….this hot ass chick that sleeps next to me every night says she does but come on, do we really believe her? 

So you’ve touched a boobie in the last 5 years or so? I’m super proud of you bro!  

I find it hilarious that you started the personal attacks then all the sudden have this dr phil moment. Quite touching. I think I shed a tear…

Actually I think you’re full of shit. 

Now, if you want to continue your nonsense pls PM me so I don’t go against my word to BengalBacker.  Otherwise I’ll share my thoughts in these public threads…and nobody really wants that Jaime. 

Wait you didn't think the stripper actually likes you did you? Oh man. 

I like how you call me naive then suggest I started the personal attacks. You're cute. 

Was I supposed to care what you think of me? I didn't realize that was a thing.

I don't care enough to PM you. I stopped caring the day I defriended you on FB. Why would I PM you? Hell I haven't even thought of you till you showed up here again and decided to call me naive. I wouldn't even have talked to you here until you quoted me, that's how much I don't care about you. But when you quote me of course I'm going to respond because that's how a message board works. 

11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This looks like a titanic flame war, worthy of the days way back on the Enquirer board. Ah, good times. 

(Psst: it may be best to cool it, lest the thread get locked and we can’t have any more opportunities to talk about how pure and pristine the NFL is.) 

tumblr_nk1fwiE8yS1tkahdeo1_250.gif

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Wait you didn't think the stripper actually likes you did you? Oh man. 

I like how you call me naive then suggest I started the personal attacks. You're cute. 

Was I supposed to care what you think of me? I didn't realize that was a thing.

I don't care enough to PM you. I stopped caring the day I defriended you on FB. Why would I PM you? Hell I haven't even thought of you till you showed up here again and decided to call me naive. I wouldn't even have talked to you here until you quoted me, that's how much I don't care about you. But when you quote me of course I'm going to respond because that's how a message board works. 

Just put him on ignore.  Best not to wrestle with pigs....

17 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Not rigged, just not basketball anymore.  

Here's a taste of what passes for basketball in the NBA.  This is one player who has "favoured" status, and a small subset of the shit he is allowed to do:

Yep, now I know why I do not watch anymore.  Pathetic!  The three-point line was ok when it first started but, now that is all the do for the most part.  I have always said, get rid of the line to try and bring basketball back.  

45 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230202_004200.jpg

No BJ, there’s no cheating in sports, you’re just a loser with a loser mentality. Everything the nfl does is above board and done with the utmost integrity.  Jeez guys I can’t believe you’re theorists of conspiracies.  

Archived