BENGALS @ CHIEFS - AFC Championship Game thread

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Can you give me an example of a single NFL official that has been caught doing this?  Either the NFL refs are all masters of deception, the NFL itself doesn't care, or it's by design (for whatever reason you prefer).

Can you give me an example of a single MLB umpire that has been caught doing this?  How about the NHL?  Nope.  Don't give me Tim Peel.  He just got caught saying out loud what happens in every single game.  The only example you have is Tim Donaghy from the NBA.  Yep, he had a gambling problem. 

Still, one individual couldn't account for what happened last night.  A total breakdown of an officiating crew.  These guys screwed up separately all damn night.  The look of the Referees face several times was "what in the hell is going on?"  They imploded like Eli Apple after getting burned for a touchdown. 

Even a single corrupt official does not indict the entire system.  Damn near every crook that gets caught starts saying "everyone does it!"  No, they don't.

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Can you give me an example of a single MLB umpire that has been caught doing this?  How about the NHL?  Nope.  Don't give me Tim Peel.  He just got caught saying out loud what happens in every single game.  The only example you have is Tim Donaghy from the NBA.  Yep, he had a gambling problem. 

Still, one individual couldn't account for what happened last night.  A total breakdown of an officiating crew.  These guys screwed up separately all damn night.  The look of the Referees face several times was "what in the hell is going on?"  They imploded like Eli Apple after getting burned for a touchdown. 

Even a single corrupt official does not indict the entire system.  Damn near every crook that gets caught starts saying "everyone does it!"  No, they don't.

If they're incompetent in a way that almost entirely benefits one team over another, that's not incompetence.

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

When you flip a coin, sometimes it is gonna hit heads 6, 7, 8, 9 times in a row. 

Hey, whatever you want to tell yourself.  I assume we both watched that game?  If you think it was officiated properly then IDK, cool I guess.  Certainly don't have the energy to keep arguing about it.

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hey, whatever you want to tell yourself.  I assume we both watched that game?  If you think it was officiated properly then IDK, cool I guess.  Certainly don't have the energy to keep arguing about it.

Keep moving those goalposts.  

No, the officiating last night was dreadful, and if you read my other posts you wouldn’t even make that statement. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Bias I understand.  That can't really be helped.  That is not the NFL trying to influence games.

Do you realize how much money a whistleblower could make by ratting out the NFL?  If a retired ref wanted to write a book, call TMZ, contact the Justice department, etc. they would make a shitload of money.  Why don't they?  The logical answer is because the refs don't consciously influence games, especially under direction of the NFL.  That house of cards wouldn't last. 

One of the reasons crime syndicates come and go is because people see how much money is being made from their efforts, get pissed about how little they get, and either squeal or challenge the syndicate.  They can't challenge the NFL.  If there was deliberate influencing from officials that stuff would be in the news in no time. 

you are one naive and gullible person, see our government.  to each his and her own.  i know, it is only a conspiracy theory because you know, everyone is on the up and up.  got it.

10 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

you are one naive and gullible person, see our government.  to each his and her own.  i know, it is only a conspiracy theory because you know, everyone is on the up and up.  got it.

Different opinions than some..yes

Naive and gullible?..

Not even close.....

Why the daggers?

Come on man..

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

I have noticed some betting analysis sites actually give stats on who the official referee crew is going to be and the calls they make including the teams record with that crew.

Someone said this year's head ref for the SB is the one who threw the most flags this season?

Seems legit. :DudeComeOn-min:

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

So some media geek in a tank top can explain the creation of the world, and this is it? 

BTW: the betting sites being pimped in his tagline are a great testament to this fountain of knowledge 

Former player *media geek

5 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Oh I be curious how many maholmes and ride commercials were shot even before Super Bowl. It is at State Farm field in az

Not to mention the Kelce brothers playing against each other and Andy Reid facing his old team, too many storylines to not make this a preferable matchup.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

But not by telling yourself everything was on the level and the refs didn't effect the outcome.  Nope, they just didn't play well enough.  Definitely no coping going on there.  :D

I literally just posted.a video that Pat Macaphee went in hard about how bad the refs were. And have said how I think it needs to be a full time job to fix some of these problems. I also agree with ever word he says in his video about it being "fixed"

Horrible officiating is a far cry from some of the accusation that are being thrown around though. And they are accusation that had we won nobody would be saying and we all know that. And I really don't have to go back but to before the Buffalo game was even played and you were setting all this NFL wants them to win stuff up too, to show that.

But maybe of I post some meme face and call everyone who thinks otherwise naive I'll convince people 

Archived