2023 Free Agency thread

18 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Wow. Backup tossed into starting the last 4 games and, other than KC, playing at a break-even level. 

Do all of your backups need to be Trent Williams? 

Other than KC? He was bad at LG last year too. We can and should upgrade the spot.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Other than KC? He was bad at LG last year too. We can and should upgrade the spot.

Of course. Always upgrade any spot. I’m simply saying he wasn’t your starter. So to throw him off the team because he wasn’t even Collins, is an overreach. 

And the question basically was: what level do you expect your backups to be? Rookies to 2nd year players are going to only be OK at best…mainly because they do not get game reps. I am speaking in terms of who you might expect “upgrades” to be. 

57 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

“Playing at a break-even level” is very debatable. 

Depends on what there is to debate. A backup thrown into an every down position for 4 games…and three of those in the playoffs…is going to be a tough challenge. My eyes said break even. Maybe it’s just tread water. Eye of the beholder 

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Of course. Always upgrade any spot. I’m simply saying he wasn’t your starter. So to throw him off the team because he wasn’t even Collins, is an overreach. 

And the question basically was: what level do you expect your backups to be? Rookies to 2nd year players are going to only be OK at best…mainly because they do not get game reps. I am speaking in terms of who you might expect “upgrades” to be. 

I expect the backups not to hurt the team. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I expect the backups not to hurt the team. 

I think that's reasonable if it's only one starter missing but not 3, particularly when it's both OTs.  Not sure if there's a team out there that can lose 3 starting OL without missing a beat.  2 out of the 3 FA signings were good though, if they can repeat that and maybe finally draft another OT that's worth a shit the line will be in pretty good shape.

I'm 12 teams in here are my standouts. Favorite in bold. Underline probably guys in demand who will get big deals

TE-Josh Oliver-Ravens

T-Kaleb McGary

T-Kelvin Beachum

DL-Zach Allen

DT-Taven Bryan

DT-Matt Ionnadis

DT-Jarran Reed

DE-Frank Comisky

LB-Leighton Vander Esch

LB-Matthew Adams

S-Rudy Ford

S-Donovan Wilson

CB-Byron Murphy

CB-Isaiah Oliver

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I mean can The King in the North not have his sidekick Tormund Giantsbane?

6 year old Daughter asked for a story last night before bed. I started the game of thrones story taking out obvious parts. She is loving it. We are just at when Ned tells Cersei he knows. She had lots of questions about how Robert wasn't actually Joffreys dad. 

Archived