2023 Free Agency thread

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

What do you like about Bresee?

FYI from Dane Bruglers Top 100 list:

17. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson (6-5, 316)

Bryan Bresee was the best player on Clemson’s defense as a true freshman, but his last two seasons were marred by injuries (ACL, kidney infection) and personal tragedy (the passing of his younger sister, Ella). Bresee plays with the explosive force to be a disruptive player up and down the defensive line, as long as there are no lingering medical concerns.

35 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

FYI from Dane Bruglers Top 100 list:

17. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson (6-5, 316)

Bryan Bresee was the best player on Clemson’s defense as a true freshman, but his last two seasons were marred by injuries (ACL, kidney infection) and personal tragedy (the passing of his younger sister, Ella). Bresee plays with the explosive force to be a disruptive player up and down the defensive line, as long as there are no lingering medical concerns.

He would be a back up at best for the next few seasons, I can't see us taking a back up DT in the first round when there are more pressing needs. 

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He would be a back up at best for the next few seasons, I can't see us taking a back up DT in the first round when there are more pressing needs. 

Agree...

A RT or TE is needed..

What you said about Dewand Jones and TE Washington would be ideal so probably wont happen..

Saw CJ Gardner signed 1yr 8mil deal with Lions.

We got Scott 3yrs at 4per..

Tobin is making goid decisions up to now..

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think they want another 3T to pair with Hill like how Ogunjobi did. 

Yes indeed..

Hill played well but 977snaps wore him down.

Someone has to step in for150 snaps or so to keep him fresher out there.

Carter is the backup so there's room for a better 3T than him...

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

When does Free Agency end in 2023? Trades date?

I am just wondering when the window stays open?

Last Wednesday was the start of the 2023 NFL league year. The trading window opened then and runs into November. Free agents can be signed all year long. 

23 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes indeed..

Hill played well but 977snaps wore him down.

Someone has to step in for150 snaps or so to keep him fresher out there.

Carter is the backup so there's room for a better 3T than him...

But we shouldn't use a first round pick on a guy we know will be a backup for 3 years. That's how long Hill's contract has left on it. Maybe Bresee beats out Hill but it's not a good use of resources. 

Karl Brooks or Jalen Redmond in round 4 or 5 can provide some interior pass rush. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

But we shouldn't use a first round pick on a guy we know will be a backup for 3 years. That's how long Hill's contract has left on it. Maybe Bresee beats out Hill but it's not a good use of resources. 

Karl Brooks or Jalen Redmond in round 4 or 5 can provide some interior pass rush. 

Hill's contract was for 3 years. He has already played out the first year so has only two left.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

BPA - depth and competition is good and there are always injuries. PFF (FWIW)nhas Breece as thier #20 on thier top 100. 

Fact is if he was the top guy on our borad when we pick we will take him. 

24 minutes ago, dex said:

Hill's contract was for 3 years. He has already played out the first year so has only two left.

Dax Hill? That doesn't sound right - he signed the basic rookie 1st round pick, right? That's four years with a 5th year team option, right?

20 minutes ago, dex said:

Vic Tabur: TE O.J. Howard is signing with the Raiders.

This may mean Foster Moreau is down to Cincinnati or New Orleans.

Ok does he want to catch for JB or Carr?...😎

What team offers the best chance going to SB..

No brainer to me..

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Ok does he want to catch for JB or Carr?...😎

What team offers the best chance going to SB..

No brainer to me..

Moreau is a Louisiana kid. Has tons of family there and grew up a Saints fan.

I get the feeling that his contract offers from both teams is pretty modest. His agent may be trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of one team or the other.

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think they want another 3T to pair with Hill like how Ogunjobi did. 

They draft Zac Carter last year in the 3rd round and he was good for the limited role, I can't see them spending a 1st round pick on another rotational guy without a clear need. It made sense last year because of Jesse Bates's contract situation, that is not the case for anyone on the defensive line.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

TE Dalton Schultz and RB Devin Singletary have both signed with the Texans.

And Lamar Jackson was waived and is now a UFA.

Guess the Broncos didn't need the DB...

You got me...bazinga!

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They draft Zac Carter last year in the 3rd round and he was good for the limited role, I can't see them spending a 1st round pick on another rotational guy without a clear need. It made sense last year because of Jesse Bates's contract situation, that is not the case for anyone on the defensive line.

DJ Reader will be a free agent and 30 years old next offseason. 

I'd rather wait until the 3rd or 4th round for DT instead of drafting one in the first, but I think it is on the short list in terms of team needs. 

Archived