2023 Free Agency thread

8 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Fine as #2 & #3, but there still needs to be competition added for the #1 spot

I get what your saying g but still believe Williams could be a good back in a rotational  role ..

He's a good blocker, receiver and runs hard..

I font think Ill ever know unless he gets a shot elsewhere..

6 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Heard its 4yr 140mil 35mill per

100mil guaranteed..

Daniel Jones looking for longterm deal with Giants at 45mil per.

Jones has been injury prone and a mediocre passer.

I see the Giants moving on but it's the Giants so....

4 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Hate how high those things sit on the head. That & they seem to be an essential part of the Hypebeast/fuccboi uniform.  Not saying everyone who wears one qualifies... I'm just saying. They fit like you're wearing another hat underneath.

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hate how high those things sit on the head. That & they seem to be an essential part of the Hypebeast/fuccboi uniform.  Not saying everyone who wears one qualifies... I'm just saying. They fit like you're wearing another hat underneath.

Yep..

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Those are weird looking, but go back many decades and you had these God-awful things

(and get Dave Parker toking the smoke as a plus) 

image.jpeg.6062d3c478385ea5dcad3e578365f72c.jpeg

Definitely does. No better position to showcase that then the OL where there is a lack of good players every year so the free agent market is costly to teams. Opposite is true for RB's - lots of good ones around and available every year and the position, at this time , is not seen as a priority. 

3 hours ago, westside bengal said:

A question.  When the draft pool is deep with quality players in specific positions does that impact free agent salaries of those positions?  For example, the draft is loaded with quality tight ends so does Hayden Hurst become more "affordable" now?

Yes, definitely. Teams think in terms of "Is player X worth what he's asking and if we don't want to pay that much, who is the alternative"? The draft is full of alternatives. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Non exclusive means Lamar can negotiate with other teams.

Sure but nobody is going to give up 2 first round picks for the right to give an oft-injure player a guaranteed 5 year deal. Maybe there is a tag and trade but it's not very likely. 

Archived