TE-Irv Smith 24 years old 1 year

CB-Sidney Jones 26 years old 1 year

T-Cody Ford 26 years old 1 year

Add 

DT-Kentavius Street 26 years old

Likewise..

Tobin is cookin..

On 3/26/2023 at 10:15 AM, High School Harry said:

While I tend to agree, I question the Bengals wanting to come off precious cap dollars to sign one with Joe and Tee and 

eventually, Ja'Marr hanging out there.  To say nothing of some of the quality D players.

Its going to work out Harry.

Trust in the team.

They're makin really good moves 

for a long season..

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I still remember us losing to him one year. I think it was opening day. 

Ehh that's no big achievement, there was hardly a backup QB in the NFL back then that those Marvin teams didn't find a way to lose to at some point. :grin-min:

2 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthers-great-cam-newton-names-000500613.html

Cam Newton is willing to be a back up to these QBs.

Wonder why Burrow and Mahomes aren't on the list?

Because he knows he will never see the field or have a chance to start. He's basically trying to get back in the NFL as a starter by stealing someone's job. 

55 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Because he knows he will never see the field or have a chance to start. He's basically trying to get back in the NFL as a starter by stealing someone's job. 

But Josh Allen and Deshaun Watson are on the list, and if Lamar Jackson gets signed for a huge contract somewhere, the only way Newton is starting over him is if Jackson gets hurt (which, given his injury history, IS possible). I don't see him replacing Watson either unless Watson gets hurt or REALLY stinks up the place, (and with what he is being paid, he would REALLY, REALLY have to stink up the joint.)

16 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

But Josh Allen and Deshaun Watson are on the list, and if Lamar Jackson gets signed for a huge contract somewhere, the only way Newton is starting over him is if Jackson gets hurt (which, given his injury history, IS possible). I don't see him replacing Watson either unless Watson gets hurt or REALLY stinks up the place, (and with what he is being paid, he would REALLY, REALLY have to stink up the joint.)

He mentioned those are guys he thought he could mentor, which is kind of hilarious..but yeah. I guess he figures those are guys who play the way he plays so he can offer them some advice.

I wish Cam the best, I currently live in the same neighborhood as him and I've run into him a few times. I walked into the local Bank of America branch once he was in there holding court like he was performing stand-up or running for city council. Nice guy, he has several successful businesses as well, so I know he's doing fine outside of football. He probably has the urge to get back into the game as he's still relatively young and is feeling better after taking some time off. He could definitely be one of the top 50 QB's in the NFL right now. 

37 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He mentioned those are guys he thought he could mentor, which is kind of hilarious..but yeah. I guess he figures those are guys who play the way he plays so he can offer them some advice.

I wish Cam the best, I currently live in the same neighborhood as him and I've run into him a few times. I walked into the local Bank of America branch once he was in there holding court like he was performing stand-up or running for city council. Nice guy, he has several successful businesses as well, so I know he's doing fine outside of football. He probably has the urge to get back into the game as he's still relatively young and is feeling better after taking some time off. He could definitely be one of the top 50 QB's in the NFL right now. 

Makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I can see Watson having legal problems again and being out for a long time.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I love to see the Bengals go after Gio to replace Perine, we know he can pass block and he's a good locker room guy. He should have plenty of tread on the tires as he barely played in TB.

Some teams are going with vets like Gio on the Practice squad. I am all for that. I think as the primary backup it's probably too much. 

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Some teams are going with vets like Gio on the Practice squad. I am all for that. I think as the primary backup it's probably too much. 

Treyveon is a younger version of Gio..

Bengals still may have interest in Elliot if its a prove it deal..

May find the RB in future cuts..

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont really understand the desire to sign a Vet RB. It's a position that puts alot of wear and tear on guys. That's a position you want to get younger at not older.

All the positives that come with a vet. Knowing where to be and when to be there. Blitz pickup. Etc. Vets have that and in limited snaps can provide it. You also get Gio in the room with a rookie all year. That can't hurt anything. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

All the positives that come with a vet. Knowing where to be and when to be there. Blitz pickup. Etc. Vets have that and in limited snaps can provide it. You also get Gio in the room with a rookie all year. That can't hurt anything. 

Until that vet at that position inevitably breaks down from injury because at that position he's been too beat up over the years

Archived