2023 NFL Draft thread

Just now, Le Tigre said:

The Logan's Run Syndrome again. Aaron Donald was 30 when he beat literal hell out of the leagues' offensive lines just one short season ago in 2021. 

Sure but the fall-off does happen, it may not be exactly at 30 or even 31, but it's pretty rare that guys continue to play at a high level much after that. The statistics bear that out.

NTs can play to a ripe old age. Think of Ted Washington or Vince Wilfork. They don't have to run fast, just stay strong. Reader is playing at a very high level and we shouldn't be in a rush to push him out the door. Tupou is a decent backup. I like Ika as a prospect but he'd be a luxury pick. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Take care of business in FA and then give me Darnell Washington all day long at 28. After that, give me Zach Charbonnet in R2 and I’ll be a happy camper 🥂

I want one of the 1st round CBs in 1 and a good RT in 2

23 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah that would be fine too. I’m hoping we can get a starting RT and starting caliber CB in FA however. 

I get the feeling the Bengals being aggressive in FA this year means retaining our own guys. We will likely still spend money but it will be on Joe and Tee and a few others we want to keep.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I get the feeling the Bengals being aggressive in FA this year means retaining our own guys. We will likely still spend money but it will be on Joe and Tee and a few others we want to keep.

That's what I think also. Joe may take a bit of a home town discount to "keep the band together" but he's not going to work for peanuts. Other FAs the team has may do the same thing just for a legit shot at a ring. If we had beaten the refs Rams a few years back I think everyone would be chasing the dollars and the Bengals get picked apart.

The Bengals should know at least the general parameters of a Burrow extension before free agency starts. It's entirely possible to do a long term deal with lots of guaranteed money that doesn't change his 2023 cap number very much. Depends on how the team wants to structure it. 

If the team wants to move on from Collins, there are veteran options available. Maybe the team wants to upgrade from Apple. That can be done too. It seems obvious that Bates won't be back and probably not Pratt either. The rest of the team's free agents don't seem especially eager to leave and should be re-signable. So the draft should be for finding young talent at any number of positions more than looking for a 2023 starter. 

15 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The Bengals should know at least the general parameters of a Burrow extension before free agency starts. It's entirely possible to do a long term deal with lots of guaranteed money that doesn't change his 2023 cap number very much. Depends on how the team wants to structure it. 

If the team wants to move on from Collins, there are veteran options available. Maybe the team wants to upgrade from Apple. That can be done too. It seems obvious that Bates won't be back and probably not Pratt either. The rest of the team's free agents don't seem especially eager to leave and should be re-signable. So the draft should be for finding young talent at any number of positions more than looking for a 2023 starter. 

Agree..

SS JK Skinner is a big safety.6'4" 220lbs

A possible 3rd or 4yh rd pick.

His injury. ( torn pec) should slide him down a rd .

He's allmost a carbon copy his favorite player George Iloka....

Both Boise St products..

If he's still there in rd 4 might they draft him to eventually replace Bell?

Hill and Skinner seem to be a nice tandem for the future..

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Duke Tobin interviewed today said they already do know the parameters. 

Archived