Cardinals want to interview Lou & Callahan

[A previous comment I left on another thread] 

I would make the case that other teams shouldn't be able to hire O or D coordinators away as head coaches, if they are still under contract. (Other positional coaches yes). 

It's the only component in the NFL that allows underachieving teams to poach and leech off of the success of other franchises, who have contracts set in place already. Then the teams also don't receive draft pick compensation for their losses, but why not?

If the Colts want to hire Callahan away (for instance) they should have to give the Bengals their first Rd pick (or compensation Cincy would agree with). Why should Cincy be made worse for their benefit? 

For instance, I've always believed that NFL owners conspired to poach both of Marvin's coordinators (Zimmer and Gruden ) to keep the Bengals from forming a multi year team that could outperform their "natural" small market position. And now I predict they will try to do the same eventually with Callahan and Lou

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

If the Cardinals hired Lou, I would also look for him to bring free agents Pratt and Bates or Bell with him (since they know his scheme). 

Katie needs to give Lou a big raise, as he's too important to lose. 

They did it with the QB coach, they need to do it with Lou also.

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

If the Cardinals hired Lou, I would also look for him to bring free agents Pratt and Bates or Bell with him (since they know his scheme). 

Katie needs to give Lou a big raise, as he's too important to lose. 

Big raise yes..

How much?

People joke about LA not caring about the NFL, but I can tell you from firsthand experience you could spend a week in Phoenix and never see so much as a Cardinals sticker.   Even their stadium barely acknowledges them.

Here's a pic from right in front, with the "Sportsman's Park" complex getting equal billing:

https://goo.gl/maps/TVt1NpeVVD1sMcx37

Talk about a neutral site.  Arizona plays 17 away games a year.

I don’t think that Callahan is HC material, but I’d like to see home gone anyway.

Yesterdays game plan looked off, we should have been running early to lessen the Chris Jones impact.

so, I’d like to see a change on the offensive side of the ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Lou A hiring as our DC kind of out of left field? Like, nobody knew who this guy was and young Zac had trouble filling the position because no one wanted to come here? Like the scene out of the movie Major League when the Indians offered Lou Brown the managing gig but he had to call them back because he was working at a tire store and had a guy on the other line about a set of white walls? 

That's what I remember anyway. 

18 minutes ago, saphead said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Lou A hiring as our DC kind of out of left field? Like, nobody knew who this guy was and young Zac had trouble filling the position because no one wanted to come here? Like the scene out of the movie Major League when the Indians offered Lou Brown the managing gig but he had to call them back because he was working at a tire store and had a guy on the other line about a set of white walls? 

That's what I remember anyway. 

Yes Lou was not our first choice. I forgot who our first choice was.

Archived