Joseph Ossai appreciation thread ❤

BJ: you had a nice screen shot on the other thread showing the “egregious hit” on Kermit. 

I was one of the few at the Pub who was saying “the ‘hit’ took place primarily prior to Kermit leaving the field. We have seen these a thousand times, and it doesn’t get called. 

I wasn’t mad at young Joseph yesterday. Even if one would construe the legitimacy of the “hit”, it was not the reason the game was lost. That had been set into motion by the NFL and other Bengal deficiencies well prior to that. 

21 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Him too.

I'm glad Pratt cares but he's put a bad teammate taste in my mouth. 

I don’t buy the ”I care more than everyone else BS” for guys being selfish and acting a fool.  Are you telling me the other guys in that room aren’t gutted?  Grow up.  Man up. Your teammate needs you and all you can think of is yourself.  

Love seeing the solidarity around Assai.  He looks like a kid that will learn from his mistake and come back even better. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I don’t buy the ”I care more than everyone else BS” for guys being selfish and acting a fool.  Are you telling me the other guys in that room aren’t gutted?  Grow up.  Man up. Your teammate needs you and all you can think of is yourself.  

Love seeing the solidarity around Assai.  He looks like a kid that will learn from his mistake and come back even better. 

I gained a massing amount of respect for BJ Hill for standing right there and taking the arrows with him

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Time for a "Germaine Pratt Hate Thread" to go up? 

Guy goes from playing his nuts off to Anti-Christ is 24 short hours. 

I think you know he wasn't a top priority to re-sign here anyway..

If that's the way he wants to go out

so be it.

Davis-Gaither is ready to fill that position.

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I don't hate Pratt at all, and I don't even fault him for wanting to get paid, but you can not put yell at one of your teammates. That kind of stuff poisons the water

We gotta get off hating Pratt.

This is the only emotional outburst caught on camera; me thinking more said similar things…. It’s a large locker room.

I question the thought process by the journo to even release this video, knowing the hate for Pratt would follow.

Both players played great games, both players made mistakes during the game.

The Bengals collectively lost this game…. Chris Jones just about single handedly won the game for the Cheifs.

47 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't hate Pratt at all, and I don't even fault him for wanting to get paid, but you can not put yell at one of your teammates. That kind of stuff poisons the water

Players fight (not literally) in locker rooms all the time. They do on the field as well. It only "poisons" when you get group vs group within the locker room and no control by the HC. Otherwise it's just bluster. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

A little hyperbole?  Don't hate Pratt at all, but in a room full of guys supporting each other he has stood out multiple times in a bad way.  The time is coming where the Bengals have to decide who to keep and who to let move on.  Pratt is a very talented guy, but based upon what I'm seeing here he may not be a good fit.  Let him walk.

Pratt is more of an older school physical LB.  Wilson, and especially Davis-Gather, are more coverage LBs.  Pratt will need to be replaced.  I doubt Davis-Gather can play the game Pratt plays.

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

A little hyperbole?  Don't hate Pratt at all, but in a room full of guys supporting each other he has stood out multiple times in a bad way.  The time is coming where the Bengals have to decide who to keep and who to let move on.  Pratt is a very talented guy, but based upon what I'm seeing here he may not be a good fit.  Let him walk.

Pratt is more of an older school physical LB.  Wilson, and especially Davis-Gather, are more coverage LBs.  Pratt will need to be replaced.  I doubt Davis-Gather can play the game Pratt plays.

It's not hyperbole. It is fan-fickleness at it's finest though. 

Old school/new school/whatever...he has been a part of making sure other teams don't run consistently. Wilson is the more valuable overall than any LB on the squad, but Pratt is the next. ADG isn't in the equation, I agree. 

I guess this constant "let (anybody) walk" is overused and not evaluative. Players do get changed out all of the time, but if one goes back to the draft for replacing--when it is not necessary to do so unless an immediate upgrade in skills is there--the new guy will take time to develop into what you already have. Never have understood this approach.   

Archived