Joseph Ossai appreciation thread ❤

30 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I'm starting to wonder if we are going to resign Mixon.

Perine got the majority of the snaps in the Chiefs game and is more than capable of being the feature back.

Also Chris Evans has been a healthy scratch for multiple games this year.

Almost seems as if the backfield will consists of Perine and Evans next season.

I would be OK with that.

35 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I'm starting to wonder if we are going to resign Mixon.

Perine got the majority of the snaps in the Chiefs game and is more than capable of being the feature back.

Also Chris Evans has been a healthy scratch for multiple games this year.

Almost seems as if the backfield will consists of Perine and Evans next season.

What has Evans done to prove his 

worth as. a RB?

Im thinkng they look for another RB in late rounds to challenge his roster spot..

Tteyveon Williams is still here as well..

17 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

What has Evans done to prove his 

worth as. a RB?

Im thinkng they look for another RB in late rounds to challenge his roster spot..

Tteyveon Williams is still here as well..

Perine and Williams FAs. 

Mixon is puzzling.  When he runs confidently he's a force.  When he doesn't, he's lame.  I know there aren't all that many holes created by the OL, but he makes it worse running high and dancing.

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Perine and Williams FAs. 

Mixon is puzzling.  When he runs confidently he's a force.  When he doesn't, he's lame.  I know there aren't all that many holes created by the OL, but he makes it worse running high and dancing.

Seems to get dropped at first contact a lot more than he used to?

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Perine and Williams FAs. 

Running high has its limitations yes.

I remember radio announcer saying Perine runs  under the defenders shoulders or helmets..

Mixon runs straight up and easier to bring down.

Yes, Mixon is under contract for 2023. So he doesn't need to be re-signed. But he's overpaid for what he provides and has lost a step. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut this offseason and would be surprised if he plays out this year and next on his current deal. We could find a good RB in the 4th or 5th round. 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, Mixon is under contract for 2023. So he doesn't need to be re-signed. But he's overpaid for what he provides and has lost a step. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut this offseason and would be surprised if he plays out this year and next on his current deal. We could find a good RB in the 4th or 5th round. 

Mixon is set to be the 7th highest paid RB in 2023 at 12mil..

Dead money releasing him would be only be a  5.5mil hit..

Yes they could move on..

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/02/06/joseph-ossai-trey-hendrickson-afc-title-game-cincinnati-bengals/69875833007/

not sure if this was posted somewhere or not but it's awesome enough to post again.

I just read this and it gives me great hope for the future of this team (not that I didn't already have it).

How can you NOT love these guys?

Archived