Thoughts 24 Hours Later

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

All well and good. But, reportedly, they barely have enough money left over after the extension of the century for bus fare. 

The annual poor-mouthing from Hobson is an off-season tradition. If it wasn't for Burrow it'd be saving for injury settlements in 2047. 

The cap goes up every year and every year the team offers excuses as to why they can't afford to match it. 

4 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Certainly a tough loss but we have our staring o line we win but whether we could beat Philly I don't know 

I would have figured the Eagles to be favorites but if we had Cappa and Jonah back I would have loved to have seen that game. Ah well. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, MULLY said:

The refunds shot was well deserved. I didn't like "BurrowHead" or "We're the team to beat" shit from the get go. Obviously the Bengals are my team, but shit talk AFTER you whoop ass, not before. I kind of think 10 wins was making them puff their chests a bit early too.

I felt this team let overconfidence get the better of them a couple of times dating back to last year. They pulled out a good win in the season opener against Minnesota and then seemed to mail it in the next week in Chicago. The got a big win in Baltimore in October and then came out flat against the Jets the next week. 

I'm not in the locker room, so I obviously don't know what the mindset or demeanor of the team was as a whole, but that's just an observation from my couch. Being admittedly older, I despise the trash talk, from our side or from the other. I think Zac needs to address it next season (perhaps even with himself). There are apparently a lot of good things going on in that locker room and with that team, but the trash talking definitely ain't one of them. 

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

Just now getting over the game. Hope everyone is well here. Hard to be that close and miss. 

Mentally I had prepped myself for not winning the SB about midway through the season. It had become apparent to me once we shifted the scheme to had to live in shotgun because the Oline starters weren't cutting it which made me realize the backups were bad (though I am very pleasantly surprised with Carmen). Truth is we're likely another offseason away depending on the moves we make. That we got as far as we did is a testament to the coaching staff and Burrow making the mid-season changes they made, but those changes were kind of a band-aid then they were about the things we really needed to fix. So I'm good other than having Chiefs fans be obnoxious.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Mentally I had prepped myself for not winning the SB about midway through the season. It had become apparent to me once we shifted the scheme to had to live in shotgun because the Oline starters weren't cutting it which made me realize the backups were bad (though I am very pleasantly surprised with Carmen). Truth is we're likely another offseason away depending on the moves we make. That we got as far as we did is a testament to the coaching staff and Burrow making the mid-season changes they made, but those changes were kind of a band-aid then they were about the things we really needed to fix. So I'm good other than having Chiefs fans be obnoxious.

They are normally ok but I would live to see the Eagles beat them up badly

I was never into Chad's trashtalk. Or Pac's. And the talk last week from Apple and inadvertantly from Hilton (AND THE FUCKING MAYOR) definitely harshed my mellow going into that game. Just let your play do your talking, really. It's not why they lost that game, but it sure did seem to give the Chiefs a little extra fire even where they should not have needed any. 

23 hours ago, sois said:

I won't kill myself. The window is open as long as Burrow is healthy. 

Pollack needs to coach guys better. I hope he can. This is year 3 though, develop some guys already. 

Ossai is an idiot, but we all do dumb things. He is more good than bad though, so just move on to the next play. 

Bowl in 2024.

I'd say Mike Hilton is to for the Burrowhead comment.

Just now, New Jersey Bengal said:

I believe he's more talented snd has better feet but you're right it was only for 2 games

Watching him I think he can take on bull rushers and be good, but I still have the question if he can take on speed guys.

It honestly reminds me of the criticisms we had of Whitworth early in his career when he made the move to LT after starting at Guard. If Carman can turnout even close to that we may be ok long term at the position. 

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

I was never into Chad's trashtalk. Or Pac's. And the talk last week from Apple and inadvertantly from Hilton (AND THE FUCKING MAYOR) definitely harshed my mellow going into that game. Just let your play do your talking, really. It's not why they lost that game, but it sure did seem to give the Chiefs a little extra fire even where they should not have needed any. 

I don't put Chad in the same category.  He's like an overgrown kid in some ways, I think people usually took it that way.  Mostly ridiculous or lighthearted.  He stepped in it sometimes but it was never nasty or mean-spirited.

Pac, DreK & Apple OTOH seem cut from the same cloth.  Too much twitter beef, too much back & forth, too much Billy Badass posturing & lack of self control.  We've got a whole bunch of defensive players content to let their pads do the talking.  Get the immature social media keyboard warriors outta here.

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't put Chad in the same category.  He's like an overgrown kid in some ways, I think people usually took it that way.  Mostly ridiculous or lighthearted.  He stepped in it sometimes but it was never nasty or mean-spirited.

Pac, DreK & Apple OTOH seem cut from the same cloth.  Too much twitter beef, too much back & forth, too much Billy Badass posturing & lack of self control.  We've got a whole bunch of defensive players content to let their pads do the talking.  Get the immature social media keyboard warriors outta here.

The stories about Chad in the locker room during playoffs is way too much smoke to be nothing.  I like the guy, but he was a selfserving clown who lost his shit when he and the team couldn't back it up.  An earlier version of  Diggs. 

40 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I believe he's more talented snd has better feet but you're right it was only for 2 games

Better feet?  I wouldn't say that.  Williams is all about technique.  He just doesn't have the strength and mass to handle the bull rush. 

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The stories about Chad in the locker room during playoffs is way too much smoke to be nothing.  I like the guy, but he was a selfserving clown who lost his shit when he and the team couldn't back it up.  An earlier version of  Diggs. 

He sure did piss off the Browns among others his years. I thought he also wrote checks he couldn't cash with the talk etc. Got on my nerves. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Better feet?  I wouldn't say that.  Williams is all about technique.  He just doesn't have the strength and mass to handle the bull rush. 

Everyone keeps saying strerngth..

He's worked out for 5yrs in the weightroom.

Still weak?...no..

Its not strength that hinders him..

His knees have worsened and his range has been limited..

52 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Everyone keeps saying strerngth..

He's worked out for 5yrs in the weightroom.

Still weak?...no..

Its not strength that hinders him..

His knees have worsened and his range has been limited..

Williams is still small by LT standards.  I see him listed at 6-5, 315, but I don't buy it.  If you see him standing next to Collins or Adeniji or Carman he doesn't look nearly as large. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Williams is still small by LT standards.  I see him listed at 6-5, 315, but I don't buy it.  If you see him standing next to Collins or Adeniji or Carman he doesn't look nearly as large. 

Combine measurements..

Jackson Carman....6047

Hakeem Adenijji.....6045

Jonah Williams..... 6044

La'ell Collinsi..........6044

Archived