2023 Mock Draft Simulators

Last year we did a few different mock draft simulators — it’s always fun to see different scenarios in the draft.  I’ve list a few I play around with below:

PFF: https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

TDN: https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Fanspeak: https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

PFN: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Mock Draft Database: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator

ESPN: espnsportsanalytics.com/nfl-sim

I think these are our needs in priority order:

OT - two of them, I don't know that we can count on Jonah, Collins or JC

Edge - Hendrickson and Ossai are good, but no depth.  When Hendrickson is out, our pass rush is minimal

3-Tech - BJ Hill is solid, but we need someone that can get a quick win in the passing game a few times (or more) per game

CB - Chido coming back off of injury, Eli Apple (gone?).  We need more corners

TE - Depending on what happens with Hurst, Sample is really the only guy we have

LB - Pratt, Wilson and ADG are our top guys, we're probably losing Pratt or Wilson

WR - I'd love to keep Tee, but realistically we could lose Tee and Boyd starting after next year.  Keep the cupboard full

RB - If we let go of Mixon, this year or next, this will be something to address.  Perine is solid, but it would be nice to have a dynamic back - I think this is the easiest to find

S - Gotta keep Bell, especially if Bates leaves.  Dax is in the wings, but having 3 capable safeties is a nice luxury for Lou to play with

OG - Need depth and someone to push Volson.  Cappa should be back to 100%

This is not how I think it is going to go, but I had a few rules on the drafting.

1. QB and WR are off the table as they arent needs (which was tough because Smith-Ngiba was sitting there for me and I think he is going to be really good, so I ended up trading down with KC)

2. Don't take a position you already took

3. BPA after the 1st 2 rules

image.png

This would be a very nice draft I think (as of Feb 1st.)  

The more I think about it, I think this team should be built with vets on offensive line (unless there's a "can't miss prospect") and young, fast, athletic guys on D.  That would allow us to put our $ in oline, QB and WR.  Then draft as many defensive players as possible and hope you hit on a few.  I think Skoroski will be solid (based on some of the pre draft stuff) and Washington is HUGE and a good receiving option.  He's like having an extra OT out there when he blocks. 

image.png.ac88e6c5b90170c26371f11180c23c7c.png

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This is not how I think it is going to go, but I had a few rules on the drafting.

1. QB and WR are off the table as they arent needs (which was tough because Smith-Ngiba was sitting there for me and I think he is going to be really good, so I ended up trading down with KC)

2. Don't take a position you already took

3. BPA after the 1st 2 rules

Would you consider drafting two OTs if they're available?

8 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I think these are our needs in priority order:

OT - two of them, I don't know that we can count on Jonah, Collins or JC

Edge - Hendrickson and Ossai are good, but no depth.  When Hendrickson is out, our pass rush is minimal

3-Tech - BJ Hill is solid, but we need someone that can get a quick win in the passing game a few times (or more) per game

CB - Chido coming back off of injury, Eli Apple (gone?).  We need more corners

TE - Depending on what happens with Hurst, Sample is really the only guy we have

LB - Pratt, Wilson and ADG are our top guys, we're probably losing Pratt or Wilson

WR - I'd love to keep Tee, but realistically we could lose Tee and Boyd starting after next year.  Keep the cupboard full

RB - If we let go of Mixon, this year or next, this will be something to address.  Perine is solid, but it would be nice to have a dynamic back - I think this is the easiest to find

S - Gotta keep Bell, especially if Bates leaves.  Dax is in the wings, but having 3 capable safeties is a nice luxury for Lou to play with

OG - Need depth and someone to push Volson.  Cappa should be back to 100%

I agree that keeping Chase and Tee is unlikely and that Tee and Boyd gone in the same year would be a disaster, which is why I think they let Boyd go and draft a WR next year, but tag Tee for a year, and draft his replacement the following year.

OT, completely agree. 

Edge - Also agree, but where does he fit? Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, and Sample all fill roles. I think getting a LB that can come off the edge would be more bang for the buck.

3-Tech - That's what they got Carter for, he showed up some towards the end of the season. I'm more concerned with getting a NT that can eventually replace Reader, because when he came off the field because of his injury teams were able to run at us.

CB- Agree, and not even if Apple is back because Cheeto is in a contract year next year too.

TE - I think we keep Hurst on a team friendly multi year deal, Drew Sample I think comes back on a 1 year post injury prove it deal. Not going to end up being a need this year.

LB -If Pratt does go this becomes a need.

WR -see first statement

RB - Mixon isnt going anywhere, I think we can keep Perine on an affordable deal unless he wants to start. I think we will take a guy because Williams is also a FA, but this wont be a high pick imo

S - We cant let Bates and Bell go, I think we end up keeping Bell though. Also we drafted the kid from Costal Carolina who was hurt for most of the year, He will be the 3rd S.

OG - Sharping was just ok but pretty bad against KC, he can move on, get a G that can also slide in and back up Karas.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Edge - Also agree, but where does he fit? Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, and Sample all fill roles. I think getting a LB that can come off the edge would be more bang for the buck.

3-Tech - That's what they got Carter for, he showed up some towards the end of the season. I'm more concerned with getting a NT that can eventually replace Reader, because when he came off the field because of his injury teams were able to run at us.

Good points all around.  Hubbard is more of a 2 down edge to me, same as Sample.  I think we need someone else that can beat 1 on 1s.  It's interesting because part of our success has been having disciplined rushers that stay in their lanes and not letting QBs like Allen, Lamar and Mahomes get outside of the pocket.  Hubbard and Sample are really good at that.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be an interesting draft.

Van Ness has some skill, I don't think he'll be there at 28

If Wright is there in the 2nd, we take him, no doubt...I'm not so sure at 28

Kancey will get a lot of comparisons to Aaron Donald because of his size, he's obviously not that, but Diet Geno...maybe

Add another Chase to the team.  Brown looks to be a really solid back and can replace Mixon's production at the very least

If Mo Ibrahim is there late, it's worth taking a flyer.  Injuries have been tough though his career, but when he's healthy, he's good.  This would be a Rodney Anderson-like pick

image.png.1a437c9dd5b81b9b1567d8d9742af909.png

22 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

My first too early (February 15) mock draft ...

IMG_20230215_230330.jpg

I think you go heavy on offense this draft, with a focus on G/T, HB, TE, and WR. Then grab a DB late. 

I don't think our Guard play was so bad we need to use a first round pick there. Volson should get better and Kappa was ok. We probably need a starting RT since Collins will be out for a while and could use an heir to Williams. CB and TE would be options there too. 

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think our Guard play was so bad we need to use a first round pick there. Volson should get better and Kappa was ok. We probably need a starting RT since Collins will be out for a while and could use an heir to Williams. CB and TE would be options there too. 

Yes but to acquire a potential gifted Guard and a solid RT is a must in this draft is imperative to any

inaccuracies to reach another level

to score more.

Its about scoring at a high rate.... Consistency...

Draft Oline to let JB scorch defenses.....

PFF has shaken up their rankings - just ran one for the first time in in a week and came out with this draft:

Round 1 Pick 28 - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

Round 2 Pick 60 - Darnell Wright, T, Tenn

Round 3 Pick 92 - Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

Round 4  Pick 131   - Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford 

Round 5  Pick  165 - Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State

Round 6 Pick 206 -  Cameron Young, DL, Miss State

Round 7 Pick 248 - Dante Stills, DL, West Virginia

Archived