Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

12 hours ago, Griever said:

Does Joe stay local through the offseason now? I could be wrong but I thought he had a place in L.A. Now that I think about it he can probably afford many nice places lol

Joe has a real nice place just east of downtown. Chase lives in the same neighborhood

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Didn't he stay with Whit and his family when he was doing his rehab?

Yep, and I think that Whit/JB connection is partially what fueled the fire for Whit coming back for a SB run after a couple of our OLine went down late in the year.

Two of my favorite Bengals of all time, especially Whit...he just seems like the best guy ever...so sad we couldn't keep him and have him retire a lifelong Bengal.

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:22 AM, High School Harry said:

I posted before but close to where my son lives.

In Columbia Tusculum a couple blocks up the hill from The Precinct and Allyn's.

I was a little surprised at how unassuming and sensible his nice little pad is up there right above Columbia Parkway, but then again it's Joe so I shouldn't be. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:57 AM, esjbh2 said:

Yep, and I think that Whit/JB connection is partially what fueled the fire for Whit coming back for a SB run after a couple of our OLine went down late in the year.

Two of my favorite Bengals of all time, especially Whit...he just seems like the best guy ever...so sad we couldn't keep him and have him retire a lifelong Bengal.

If Whit stays they probably win more than 2 games and someone else drafts Burrow. Just sucks the only standout OL on the team now was a free agent signing. Volson and Carman are maybes but they really need to hit on an OL draft pick or two.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If Whit stays they probably win more than 2 games and someone else drafts Burrow. Just sucks the only standout OL on the team now was a free agent signing. Volson and Carman are maybes but they really need to hit on an OL draft pick or two.

I would wager that 2019 team would still not have won more than 2 games with or without Whitworth. That the ‘19 line was able to muster what it did at the other 4 spots, was at the epitome of its production. 

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

We are money

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066262-king-nfl-may-use-chiefs-vs-eagles-bengals-bills-as-tentpole-events-for-schedule

King: NFL May Use Chiefs vs. Eagles, Bengals, Bills as Tentpole Events for Schedule

So we get to play the part of the Washington Generals for another canned Mahomes Miracle?  No thanks.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I would wager that 2019 team would still not have won more than 2 games with or without Whitworth. That the ‘19 line was able to muster what it did at the other 4 spots, was at the epitome of its production. 

Granted that team was a leaky paper bag of suck but Washington had the next pick with only 3 wins.   It would've been close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

So we get to play the part of the Washington Generals for another canned Mahomes Miracle?  No thanks.

And don’t think they don’t have a come-uppance in store for BUF’s benefit also. 

In the AFC Triad of Tentpoles, the Bengals are still the least of the three for the league 

Had one of Chad Ochocinco Boa Vida cigars tonight. Can report its a good long lasting smoke. Took me and my buddy almost 3 hours to smoke between smoking and some scotch and just talking this evening. Not a cheap cigar that you get through quickly, but a quality one that goes well with a good scotch.

20230221_182324.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/02/21/biography-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-joe-burrow-coming-this-year-from-bulldog-to-bengal/69928872007/

Joey Books? A Joe Burrow biography is coming this April

c9c32814-2235-461a-a3bb-a85151027a42-hed :1hump:Victoria MoorwoodCincinnati Enquirer

A new biography about Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow will be released this year.

"From Bulldog to Bengal: The Joe Burrow Story Through the Eyes of His Hometown" will hit Amazon's virtual shelves April 11, according to its pre-order page. Penned by Scott Burson and Sam Smathers, the book explores Burrow's story as "a small-town boy whose hard work, stoic nature and mental tenacity have taken him to the top of the football mountain," the description reads.

The book is currently available for pre-order on Amazon for $24.95.

Volume One?

I bet Mr Jesus has one on order already.

Cool thing to get autographed at camp or something.

• Upvote 1