Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

56 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

NFL is trying to be the like tech firms. Large one day layoffs

Not sure about other Tech Firms but at Microsoft we were given a 3 month warning that things were coming down. I believe depending on the size of the company there is a law about having to give a certain amount of time.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Not sure about other Tech Firms but at Microsoft we were given a 3 month warning that things were coming down. I believe depending on the size of the company there is a law about having to give a certain amount of time.

Yeah, there is a law that requires 60 day notice for mass layoffs (I think it's if more than 50 people are losing their jobs).

Simultaneous cuts across the league probably mean a lot more players clear waivers and make it to the practice squad. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sparky151 said:

Yeah, there is a law that requires 60 day notice for mass layoffs (I think it's if more than 50 people are losing their jobs).

Simultaneous cuts across the league probably mean a lot more players clear waivers and make it to the practice squad. 

It will increase the clusterf*ck on cut day and the next day but I would think a lot of teams will still make some cuts before the final date just so that the players closer to the roster/PS spots get more reps. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It will increase the clusterf*ck on cut day and the next day but I would think a lot of teams will still make some cuts before the final date just so that the players closer to the roster/PS spots get more reps. 

It will for sure make the process of getting players from those cuts more hectic. 

45 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Players who are offered the PS spot right at the time of getting cut (after waivers) will probably jump at it intsead of possibly waiting for other offers?

Yes, since they can be signed to another team's active roster from someone's practice squad. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

You dog you..

Nice...

Didn't know that went thru.  Posted on here before but I got them (son has the black, lady friend's son the white)

two years ago when Tee first said he was going to change his number... and then didn't.  Wore then to games and

not many people got it although one guy thought it was Tee's Clemson jersey.

• Upvote 1