Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

If Burrow takes a team friendly deal to keep Higgins, it really makes it tough for Higgins to hold out for every dollar. As then that puts Chase's deal in jeopardy.

We just need all 3 of them to take a little less playing salary and make up for it with endorsements after they win multiple Super Bowls together. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

If Burrow takes a team friendly deal to keep Higgins, it really makes it tough for Higgins to hold out for every dollar. As then that puts Chase's deal in jeopardy.

We just need all 3 of them to take a little less playing salary and make up for it with endorsements after they win multiple Super Bowls together. 

I wonder if the  deals  for Joe and  Tee aren't done  yet, and wont be done until the next offseason  because they are trying to negotiate Jamar  with the  two of them but cant legally do that yet?

• Upvote 1

Players usually take a discount to get paid early. Burrow is 4 or 5 years away from free agency at the moment so he should be and is willing to structure it in a team-friendly fashion. Higgins has a couple seasons to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the team waits until after 2024 season to extend Jamarr. But Bengals are 82 mil under the cap at the moment for 2024. That's with Burrow counting at 30 mil on his 5th year option. So there is plenty of money for extensions and re-signings. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

To be clear local markets will still get the games, but it wont be on YouTube Streaming Sunday Ticket, it will be on Peacock 

You mean the Taylor Sheridan network?

Have you seen his new series where a grandpa is very tough but "this whole world is going to hell, son" and also look at these horses? You ever wish you were a horse, son?

Anyway at least Sicario was good.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:30 PM, BlackJesus said:

That makes the negotiations pretty delicate.  Burrow's camp may be willing to take a little less to keep Higgins, but if Higgins holds out for every last dollar that could blow it all up.  I would expect Burrow would not be happy taking less and watching Higgins walk.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

That makes the negotiations pretty delicate.  Burrow's camp may be willing to take a little less to keep Higgins, but if Higgins holds out for every last dollar that could blow it all up.  I would expect Burrow would not be happy taking less and watching Higgins walk.

This is why I'm wondering if the deal doesn't get don't until next offseason when Jamar is eligible.

You tag Tee, Joe is on his 5th year, so both are still under contract along with Jamar and you can work all 3 at the same time.

17 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Work all 3 at the same time.

That's the high risk, high reward option. Not sure the team would roll the dice in that way though, as if it falls apart you could lose 2 of the 3, with only the ability to tag 1. 

Usually a team never wants to have more than 1 star up for a new deal at a time, so that the tag is the leverage. With 3 stars up at the same time - you would have to 100% trust that all 3 agents would collaborate their deals together. 

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

That's the high risk, high reward option. Not sure the team would roll the dice in that way though, as if it falls apart you could lose 2 of the 3, with only the ability to tag 1. 

Usually a team never wants to have more than 1 star up for a new deal at a time, so that the tag is the leverage. With 3 stars up at the same time - you would have to 100% trust that all 3 agents would collaborate their deals together. 

The agents work for the players so it would have to come from the 3 of them.

You'd only have to tag Tee to have all 3 still under contract while you work a "Cincinnati 3 way" deal.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

This is why I'm wondering if the deal doesn't get don't until next offseason when Jamar is eligible.

You tag Tee, Joe is on his 5th year, so both are still under contract along with Jamar and you can work all 3 at the same time.

They'll get the deal done with Burrow before this season. And likely Higgins too. I doubt they would use a tag on Wilson or Reader but they'd be next in line for extensions. 

I doubt Burrow’s agent will let him take the field in Week 1 without a new contract.  Mahomes and Allen both got new deals after their 3rd season and I expect the same for Joe (and Herbert).  

The issue with Higgins is his agent from what I’ve heard.  I can see him going the route of Jesse Bates, unfortunately.