Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:

***** This is exactly why they did it.  Trying to exploit what they perceive as a Bengal weakness.

Yes.  Beating the top team in the division twice will go a long way to getting them in the playoffs and keeping us out.

If the Bengals do not find a solution to the question mark at ORT we currently have.

Getting someone in the backfield that can block and keep Joe Burrow from getting cheap shotted would help

a lot, too, and that leaves out Joe Sixgun.

And this guy will help win a few more of their games too.

Lol...Burrow is 1-5 vs the Browns....they don't need ZDarius Smith's help to beat the Bengals. Suggesting a team is trading for a specific player to go against a specific team is laughable especially when they have beat that team more than any team in the division. 

Maybe the Browns got Smith because they lost Clowney, weren't able to address it in the draft, and needed a vet pass rusher on the roster to compliment Garrett...or the Browns front office and coaching staff has a daily meeting on how to bet the Bengals and this is phase 1 of their plan.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Lol...Burrow is 1-5 vs the Browns....they don't need ZDarius Smith's help to beat the Bengals. Suggesting a team is trading for a specific player to go against a specific team is laughable especially when they have beat that team more than any team in the division. 

Maybe the Browns got Smith because they lost Clowney, weren't able to address it in the draft, and needed a vet pass rusher on the roster to compliment Garrett...or the Browns front office and coaching staff has a daily meetings on how to bet the Bengals and this is phase 1 of their plan.

I think the completely insane trade for Watson was largely driven by having Burrow in their division & trying to keep pace. I suspect Pickett will be on a very short leash in Pittsburgh for the same reason.

This DE is just a good move overall though, I agree it had very little to do with the question marks at RT.

1-5 vs the Browns though, man that's ugly.  Bad matchups OL vs DL I guess? Pretty crazy.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think the completely insane trade for Watson was largely driven by having Burrow in their division & trying to keep pace. I suspect Pickett will be on a very short leash in Pittsburgh for the same reason.

This DE is just a good move overall though, I agree it had very little to do with the question marks at RT.

1-5 vs the Browns though, man that's ugly.  Bad matchups OL vs DL I guess? Pretty crazy.

It's definitely a good move for the Browns as I think they have one of the most complete rosters in the NFL. 

As for the Watson trade, I think it was just ownership wanting to have guy they can say is a legit franchise QB. Think about all the QBs the latest iteration the Browns have trotted out there...it's insane. Including Watson the Browns have had 33 starting QBs since 2000...they wanted to slow down their QB body count. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/cleveland-browns-starting-quarterback-list-watson/

I know Watson was supposed to be a Falcon until the Browns made that crazy offer that pissed off the rest of the NFL. I think Cleveland knew that Baker wasn't the guy and they had a great opportunity to get an elite QB so they went all in...whether or not Burrow was a Bengal didn't really matter. 

I think most teams try to get as much talent that fits their coaching staff scheme and plans as possible...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

Why do we have to be in this division? Teams are constantly making big player moves to get better. No division is this tough from top to bottom

Not consistently this tough, no question. Without looking I'd guess the AFCN claims a Wildcard spot more often than the others & those late season divisional games seem to always matter for at least one of the teams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

It's definitely a good move for the Browns as I think they have one of the most complete rosters in the NFL. 

As for the Watson trade, I think it was just ownership wanting to have guy they can say is a legit franchise QB. Think about all the QBs the latest iteration the Browns have trotted out there...it's insane. Including Watson the Browns have had 33 starting QBs since 2000...they wanted to slow down their QB body count. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/cleveland-browns-starting-quarterback-list-watson/

I know Watson was supposed to be a Falcon until the Browns made that crazy offer that pissed off the rest of the NFL. I think Cleveland knew that Baker wasn't the guy and they had a great opportunity to get an elite QB so they went all in...whether or not Burrow was a Bengal didn't really matter. 

I think most teams try to get as much talent that fits their coaching staff scheme and plans as possible...

If he wasn't a known sex offender and they didn't give up 2 years of top draft picks on top of $250m guaranteed I would agree it makes good sense for them. A move that desperate though? I think it was a hail Mary to try and stay relevant in the division.  Hell I'd have to think hard about giving up all that for Burrow. Sure he's HoF material but if something goes sideways we'd be screwed for the next several years. No way Watson will live up to that deal.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Watson signing yes..keep up no matter the 2 cost..

Picketts leash will be the total season as their cupboard us bare there.

Browns have interior dline issues 

as the overload cap for olinemen..

Tough opponent this year as all rivals in the AFCN...

Wouldnt surprise me to see all 4 go 3-3 as last year..

Its just that tough of a division no matter how good any team is..

Prepare for war..😎

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Why do we have to be in this division? Teams are constantly making big player moves to get better. No division is this tough from top to bottom

That's the intrigue of the AFCN..

Any of the teams can win at anytime

over each other..

Be prepared for war games in this division.on any Sunday..

Who wouldn't watch these encounters.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If he wasn't a known sex offender and they didn't give up 2 years of top draft picks on top of $250m guaranteed I would agree it makes good sense for them. A move that desperate though? I think it was a hail Mary to try and stay relevant in the division.  Hell I'd have to think hard about giving up all that for Burrow. Sure he's HoF material but if something goes sideways we'd be screwed for the next several years. No way Watson will live up to that deal.

Can't get it out of my head that Watson is about to be involved with a fuck up of major proportions and be out of the NFL for a long 

period of time or perhaps permanently.  Maybe one of his one night stands from a decade or so will suddenly decide it was rape and

sue him.

Too bad we see him in the first game of the season because I think he will be bye bye by Bye Week.

From the guy who is wrong far more often than right...

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Is he really a sex offender? He wasn't charged with anything criminal and the women that said he harassed them came back again... how does that happen? If you are so offended and felt so bad, why come back for more? He paid for happy endings, women complied and came back again and again. It could be seen as morally wrong, but he's not a sex offender by the definition of the law as the local law enforcement investigated and didn't pursue any criminal charges. Hopefully, he talked about his need for risky sexual encounters with a licensed professional, but as of yet I wouldn't call him a sex offender, but he's knocking on the door and peaking in the sex offender room. 

The Browns were extremely desperate,  prior to Watson they had 32 starting QBs in 22 years and they were all mediocre at best. They were so desperate they talked themselves into believing Baker Mayfield(who had his own sexual misconduct allegations) was the guy who could get them over the hump and now he's on his 3rd team since he left in 2022. Watson is the best QB the Browns have had since Otto Graham and in today's NFL if you don't have an elite QB you have no shot of winning so I can understand why they did what they did and they would have done it regardless of if Burrow is in the division or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

If we win every game we are favored in and only lose 2 even if one of those is the Chiefs we should take the 1 seed

Only way we lose to the Chiefs is key injuries or the refs give them the game. It took both for the only win they've got against Burrow.

59 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If we win every game we are favored in and only lose 2 even if one of those is the Chiefs we should take the 1 seed

The only problem with that is the Chiefs are favored to win all 17 games at this time. But I don't think that the Bengals will go 15-2 or that the Chiefs will go 17-0. 

Anyone looking for a sleeper to earn the #1 seed should consider Jacksonville. Not only do the Jags get to play 6 divisional games the very weak AFC South but also another 4 games against the very weak NFC South. They also get to play both the Bengals and Chiefs at home. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Only way we lose to the Chiefs is key injuries or the refs give them the game. It took both for the only win they've got against Burrow.

All 4 games against KC could have gone either way, no matter which team was healthier or got more ref calls at the time. All 4 games decided by exactly 3 points each.

2 hours ago, dex said:

All 4 games against KC could have gone either way, no matter which team was healthier or got more ref calls at the time. All 4 games decided by exactly 3 points each.

Could have, but they didn't. 3-0 against them until they got a 5th down do-over while facing 1/2 an OL that shouldn't even be on an active roster. This idea that the Bengals are looking up at them is just blatant favoritism.

• Upvote 1