Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

On 4/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, westside bengal said:

Anyone is more than welcome to send me any good DIY Cincy Chili recipes they have.  I have only used the one in an older edition of the Joy of Cooking and it was just OK for me.

I've been using this stuff for years. You can buy it almost anywhere, have even seen it for sale at Fred Meyers in Warrenton Oregon, near where my daughter lives. Amazon has it too. Pretty close to the originals and you can make it drier if a Gold Star fan or wet, if Skyline is your drug of choice. 

https://www.cincinnatispecialties.com/StoreDetails.aspx/Cincinnati-Recipe-Chili/Cincinnati-Recipe-Chili-Mix/

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MOC said:

I've been using this stuff for years. You can buy it almost anywhere, have even seen it for sale at Fred Meyers in Warrenton Oregon, near where my daughter lives. Amazon has it too. Pretty close to the originals and you can make it drier if a Gold Star fan or wet, if Skyline is your drug of choice. 

https://www.cincinnatispecialties.com/StoreDetails.aspx/Cincinnati-Recipe-Chili/Cincinnati-Recipe-Chili-Mix/

Thanks,  I actually have seen that in some local southern Indiana stores but never tried it.  II will give it a try.  They a lot of Cincy products I would like to give a try.  When I go south to Louisville I notice that Kentucky does a pretty good job of promoting Kentucky food products including a section of many grocery stores that have Kentucky made products.  I think I have seen a few stores in malls or shopping stores completely devoted to Kentucky food products.  I wonder if there is something similar in Cincy where there is one stop shopping for Cincy food products?

16 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Thanks,  I actually have seen that in some local southern Indiana stores but never tried it.  II will give it a try.  They a lot of Cincy products I would like to give a try.  When I go south to Louisville I notice that Kentucky does a pretty good job of promoting Kentucky food products including a section of many grocery stores that have Kentucky made products.  I think I have seen a few stores in malls or shopping stores completely devoted to Kentucky food products.  I wonder if there is something similar in Cincy where there is one stop shopping for Cincy food products?

https://cincyfavorites.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxOv67I3F_gIVpe7jBx0ZSwclEAAYASAAEgLVi_D_BwE

41 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm surprised Philly is only 10.5. Also surprised the Stealers are only 8.5. They beat that last year

Cincinnati Baltimore and Cleveland have better QBs ..

Who thinks Kenny Pickett can lead them them to the division title?

Nobody thinks Pickett is the best QB in the division or the stoolers will win the AFCN. But they refreshed their roster in the draft, upgraded their O-line, and Tomlin has never had a losing season. +8.5 wins looks like a decent bet. I wouldn't bet on Lamar to play 17 games and Watson hasn't shown much since the trade. 

https://sportsnaut.com/titans-cut-taylor-lewan-nfl-free-agency/

Tennessee Titans cut 3-time Pro Bowler Taylor Lewan: 4 logical landing spots in NFL free agency

Cincinnati Bengals

For as talented as the Cincinnati Bengals’ offense has been the last two seasons, their offensive line has been their Achilles heel. Even at full strength and with a stud tackle like La’el Collins, it is not up to the level it needs to be to keep superstar QB Joe Burrow upright and healthy all season. Lewan’s injury history should worry Cincy considering what they dealt with in the playoffs, but his talent is worth the risk in trying to get back to the Super Bowl in 2023.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

With our history of Rent-A-Tackle and as a place holder/bookmark until (dare I say it) next year's draft... 

If the price is right, add him to the mix at ORT with injury prone L'Eel and underachieving dicy Carman and

Joe Baggadonuts they picked up in free agency earlier... Dunno...

Whattaya think, Vern?

Oh... the other three "logical landing sites" were Chicago, Seattle and Houston

• Upvote 2

Taylor Lewan is suing the doctor and medical team that did his ACL surgery. He is claiming that they screwed it all up and were negligent. 

sounds like his knee might be cooked. Doubt he plays anymore -at least not without having a new surgery to redo the ACL procedure. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BBR said:

Taylor Lewan is suing the doctor and medical team that did his ACL surgery. He is claiming that they screwed it all up and were negligent. 

sounds like his knee might be cooked. Doubt he plays anymore -at least not without having a new surgery to redo the ACL procedure. 

For those who don't want to google it themselves...

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tennessee-titans-taylor-lewan-files-lawsuit-against-doctor-acl-injury

• Upvote 1