The request to drop the charge against Joe Mixon is coming from the city prosecutors office. Hamilton County Municipal Court Presiding Judge Curt Kissinger tells Newsradio 700 WLW that he will dismiss it but only after he is sure that the alleged victim in the case has been notified. The reason that the prosecutor asked for dismissal has not been given but the agent for Mixon has said that police rushed to judgement in the case that reportedly involved a road rage incident downtown. The agent says cops should be held to a higher standard and shouldn't be playing with peoples lives and reputations like that. The aggravated menacing charge was brought after a woman said Mixon pulled a gun on her and threatened her at 3rd and Walnut. It isn't clear if she has recanted that claim or if a private settlement was worked out between the partys.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/content/2023-02-03-bengals-running-back-joe-mixon-in-the-clear/

10 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Time to move on from Mixon.      If we are really no nonsense. He's replaceable.

Did you miss the part where this probably never happened? Pointing a gun at a woman in the middle of downtown and no witnesses to corroborate her story? Think about it for a second.

32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Did you miss the part where this probably never happened? Pointing a gun at a woman in the middle of downtown and no witnesses to corroborate her story? Think about it for a second.

Yeah, I guess we should wait and see IF any more FACTS come out on this case.  I did see somewhere where there was at least a road rage incident involved, although not confirmed whether that part was corroborated or not.  Whether there was more than that and she was paid off, or whether there was an exaggeration of the truth, or whatever who knows.  We will likely never know what happened in reality, if anything at all.

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

Yeah, I guess we should wait and see IF any more FACTS come out on this case.  I did see somewhere where there was at least a road rage incident involved, although not confirmed whether that part was corroborated or not.  Whether there was more than that and she was paid off, or whether there was an exaggeration of the truth, or whatever who knows.  We will likely never know what happened in reality, if anything at all.

Issuing an arrest warrant then immediately dropping charges is not a good look.

All that being said, he still represents an extra $5-6 mil that could be better spent elsewhere.  He's turned into JAG.

Hopefully more details come out, but this still isn't a great look as it stands.  It still would provide cover if the Bengals were considering moving on from Mixon.

I mean, if it's a road rage situation and someone came running up to my car threatening me I would point a gun at them too.  People are crazy. 

I've been avoiding this topic until more details come out, I find it odd that lots of sports sites still have the original headline up - and as a "top level headline" on the site - even after the charges were dropped (they updated the content of the articles but not the headline about "Warrant Issued For Bengals' Mixon").

Separating whatever this does for Mixon's reputation with the team or outside or anything - I agree with most that cutting him isn't really an issue for us football-wise, and the extra money is nice to have.  Let's face it, we are NOT a running team and likely never will be under Zac.  We should be shooting for the same type of RB's the Patriots did all those years with Brady: blocks really well, doesn't fumble, runs hard in straight lines, catches the ball.  Add a shifty guy to spell him - kinda like Perine + the other two guys we already have.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The problem is that if this were Chase, T, Burrow, Boyd etc etc etc we would be shocked. But its Mixon and the only thing shocking about that is if any of it is really true how dark and disturbing it is.  

I say either way we should cut him. That's a lot of money to invest in some fresh legs to go 20 games.  For his pay we could bring in two guys. Or just look in house. Perine showed a lot of promise.

16 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I don't care what the deal is.  Cut his ass, anyway.

I seriously doubt he gets cut, the Bengals honor their contracts historically.  

This whole warrant is a non-issue as it's clear the police made a mistake by rushing to arrest Mixon. If the warrant never occurred would everyone be calling for him to be cut?

5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

The problem is that if this were Chase, T, Burrow, Boyd etc etc etc we would be shocked. But its Mixon and the only thing shocking about that is if any of it is really true how dark and disturbing it is.  

I say either way we should cut him. That's a lot of money to invest in some fresh legs to go 20 games.  For his pay we could bring in two guys. Or just look in house. Perine showed a lot of promise.

Speak for yourself...I was shocked. Mixon has been great player on and off the field for the Bengals. 

Mixon made a mistake when he was a kid, literally the day after he turned 18 and your still judging him for it. That was almost 9 years ago, what has he done since then but given of himself on and off the field, mostly for the people of Cincinnati.

I know I did some stupid shit when I was a kid and thankfully it wasn't caught on camera and I'm not being judged for it today. 

Cutting Mixon for salary cap reasons is arguable but he's a team leader and that has value beyond the stats.

47 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This whole warrant is a non-issue as it's clear the police made a mistake by rushing to arrest Mixon. If the warrant never occurred would everyone be calling for him to be cut?

I think the arrest stuff is a money grab cheap extortion scam.  You know, move along, nothing to see here.

But he simply is not worth that much money and it can be put to much better use on the team elsewhere.

Like, say, a new left turn signal bulb to replace the one that burned out on the Lumina six years ago.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

If the warrant never occurred would everyone be calling for him to be cut?

I would. If it were up to me I’d never keep a RB past his rookie contract. I’d just keep changing them out every four years. 

10 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Yes. He's clearly lost a step and isn't worth his paycheck while the team is facing extending players coming off cheap rookie deals. 

56 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

All NFL and HOF?

Mixon??

Thats more interesting..😎

I see reading comprehension is short around here so let me clarify. I was responding to the post that Spicoli said he would never re-sign a RB to a second contract and that was my response.

I  WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT MIXON. I WAS TALKING ABOUT ANY RB, INCLUDING A ALL PRO/HOF CALIBER RB.

Archived