Super Bowl LVII Thread

All of the (finally) mainstream suspicions over NFL leanings in important games…do not matter to the league now. They got you/me to still buy the product. They will not lose a single penny from the complaining. 

They may respond to the shenanigans, but likely not—the money is in the bank. Horse gone and door still open. 

And the curious thing is: day has dawned for the next season of play-acting. Fan bases of 32 corporate actors are already focused on the next many months of rehearsals before the next cycle of fool-me-once begins again. 

The NFL knows they have a perpetual stranglehold on the interest of the population—whether they complain or buy in like automatons. They produce the theatre, people attend. 

I gave up after 2016, thinking there could ever be a remotely integrous NFL. When I view now, it is always with the suspicion that some skullduggery will occur—and that is not always to the detriment of who one would like to prevail. 

It is baked in. There is no going back. We watch or we don’t; they have no concerns. 

8 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

How is Mahomes the SB MVP?  He only threw for 180 yds and IMHO didn't carry the team at all.  It was coaching, a special teams punt return, field position, defense/turnover/score, and Pacheco.  I guess he did throw 3 TD's (short passes of course) and miraculously recovered from almost being crippled for life before halftime.  Maybe we should start calling him "Little Ben"?

Eagles should be pretty good again next year...Eagles/Bengals SB next year IMHO.

At least 2 of those TD passes were to wide open guys that any QB could have found. They were wide open due to scheme. Andy Reid knows how to get WRs open. Put Mahomes behind our O line and see how he does

A KC SB win might be better for us in the big picture. They'll be looking at a possible hangover next season, and Kermits little brother is going wild right now being a cringy little douche taking the heat off of our mayor and Eli Apple.  Meanwhile we are just going back to work on the things we need to get better at. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If we want what the Cheifs have, we have the right guy to do it, we just have to protect him.

KC took care of their o line immediately after the Tampa sb loss signing thunder and PT Kano brown snd drafting Humphrey we tried last year and did well but then the injuries came we just need to improve the the line and we'll be good going forward 

1 minute ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

KC took care of their o line immediately after the Tampa sb loss signing thunder and PT Kano brown snd drafting Humphrey we tried last year and did well but then the injuries came we just need to improve the the line and we'll be good going forward 

Got to get a RT and better depth. I think they will.

😂 

You guys have all got brain fry from the twigs man!

The NFL is synonymous with integrity. The calls were legit because the refs made them! Stop with the FIXT talk please, my mind can’t handle a reality different than what I’ve been told! 

17 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Did Gronk end up kicking anything tonight like his commercials suggested he would?

17 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Wonder what all that was about then?

16 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

There was a commercial looking thingy a bit after halftime where he did attempt a "field goal".  It was lame as f*ck and looked weirdly simulated.  He missed.  I have a FanDuel account and it said that even though Gronk missed, anyone that had money on the game *could* still get something and to check their accounts tomorrow.  No real details, but I didn't bother to read closely either.  I'll see if anything shows up in my account tomorrow.

For anyone curious, there was a $5 bonus bet (i.e. bet with house money) in my FanDuel account today due to "winning" the Gronk Field Goal contest...even though Gronk "missed" the FG.  WOOO-HOOO!!!  $5!!!!  :ph34r:

I used it to place a bet on the Bengals winning the SB next year...currently 9:1 odds.

Archived