It should had been us...

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Collins never being healthy didn't help much.  Getting bum-ass Cordy Glenn vibes from him but I guess we'll see how he shows up for camp.  I'd sure as shit prepare to cut him if he turns up anything other than 100% ready to work.  He can go convalesce somewhere else.

I don't think it's a work ethic issue so much as it is his back problems. We got to find a guy in the draft, and not be reliant on him being able to play every game.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I doubt Collins will be able to play for at least a month into the season. He certainly won't be ready at the start of camp. Bengals need to find a starting option at RT this offseason. Maybe Carman or else a free agent or rookie. Prince went to Denver and Adeniji isn't the answer. 

I know we tried Carman at RG, but can't recall if he got any time at RT. Seems like his more natural spot is on the left side as he seemed to play much better at LT than when he was on the right.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

It goes beyond that, I think. There were breakdowns in the Eagle front five…and Hurts made some very good play-extending moves. 

Kermit did likewise. 

Just watch Burrow: even when there is even OK protection—which breaks down—he still has issues making escape routes to keep plays going. Basically—unless he really makes strides going forward—the Bengals don’t exactly have Fran Tarkenton on the field 

I don't agree with this at all, Joe is very underrated with his legs and ability to move around in the pocket or get out of the pocket if he has to. I have no idea where this came from. Is he Hurts or Kermit? No, but he's not Drew Bledsoe either.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't agree with this at all, Joe is very underrated with his legs and ability to move around in the pocket or get out of the pocket if he has to. I have no idea where this came from. Is he Hurts or Kermit? No, but he's not Drew Bledsoe either.

Not rating, or underrating. Never have said he's a statue either. His pocket awareness and escape skills can use work. Name me someone who doesn't? 

36 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not rating, or underrating. Never have said he's a statue either. His pocket awareness and escape skills can use work. Name me someone who doesn't? 

The thing I want to see improved, whether that's Joe or the whole O, is doing more stuff from under center and less shotgun. I am a big believer in the idea that it will help the running game.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The thing I want to see improved, whether that's Joe or the whole O, is doing more stuff from under center and less shotgun. I am a big believer in the idea that it will help the running game.

Unless they improve protection up front i see him in the shotgun.

No?

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Unless they improve protection up front i see him in the shotgun.

No?

That's pretty much how I feel too. Improve the protection has to be the #1 goal of the offseason. If we can do that it opens up what the O will be able to do so much more. And if we end up losing a few starters on D we are going to need the O to pick up the slack while the new D starters get their footing.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Hurts was in shotgun the entire game--other than on that crazy rugby scrum formation on 4th down.

Come to think of it, Kermit was too. 

Eagles didn't have much of a run game either.

I can't believe KC found a gem in Pecheckio (sp?) in the 7th round. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I can't believe KC found a gem in Pecheckio (sp?) in the 7th round.

My niece and her husband are both teachers/coaches in south Jersey. Pacheco was at the neighboring district. They were telling me about him when he was still in in high school. Went to Rutgers when they were crap. He's got a great story:

https://pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/local/highschool/isiah-pacheco-becomes-a-national-story/collection_58cc61e4-1f40-11ed-829e-9b28946c9daa.html#2

Not bad for one of those "dime-a-dozen" running backs. 

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

It goes beyond that, I think. There were breakdowns in the Eagle front five…and Hurts made some very good play-extending moves. 

Kermit did likewise. 

Just watch Burrow: even when there is even OK protection—which breaks down—he still has issues making escape routes to keep plays going. Basically—unless he really makes strides going forward—the Bengals don’t exactly have Fran Tarkenton on the field 

I would disagree with that, once he was over his appendix injury he showed very good pocket presence and the he did some magical escape acts back there. He is not the same type of QB as either Mahomes, Hurts or Allen for that matter. But he is elite as any of them. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't think it's a work ethic issue so much as it is his back problems. We got to find a guy in the draft, and not be reliant on him being able to play every game.

Before his injury, the ketchup whisperer was on Siruis NFL and he said Collins was 'lunging at speed rushers' and he had never seen him do that before.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Hurts was in shotgun the entire game--other than on that crazy rugby scrum formation on 4th down.

Come to think of it, Kermit was a lot too. 

I agree Hursts and Mahomes arr better runners..

So is Jackson Allen and a few more.

JB does have a spin move to throw on the run effectively 

He runs well enough but you want the most accurate QB in the league passing..

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Before his injury, the ketchup whisperer was on Siruis NFL and he said Collins was 'lunging at speed rushers' and he had never seen him do that before.

He's been on the injury report since he got here but that aside dude seems like he's all talk. 

Archived