TE Offseason 2023

We might be sleeping on Tanner Hudson. I wouldn't bet on it but he was pretty good for the Giants last year. He had 10 catches on 15 targets for 132 yards, 13.2 average. 259 snaps for the Giants last year. He put up good stats at southern arkansas https://muleriderathletics.com/sport...er-hudson/2284. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z62SE5W-CRA.

I'm not saying he is something. But I don't think he is definitely nothing.

One thing we aren't considering. What if the TE position is Rookie-Asiasi-Hudson/Bowers

What if Bowers is a great blocker and we just are ignorant

What if they think Hudson is being slept on and can be solid, he flashed last year with the Giants

Devin Asiasi was a 3rd round pick. What if he has a whole bunch more to give than we think. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/devin-asiasi/32004153-4902-4038-a2e4-cae6370aa967

We know that Hudson and Bowers were below Wilcox on the depth chart last year with Asiasi at about the same level as Wilcox. None of them showed much last year to justify an expanded role in 2023. It's fine to take them to camp and give them a chance to show something but we shouldn't be counting on them for any contributions. 

6 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

One thing we aren't considering. What if the TE position is Rookie-Asiasi-Hudson/Bowers

What if Bowers is a great blocker and we just are ignorant

What if they think Hudson is being slept on and can be solid, he flashed last year with the Giants

Devin Asiasi was a 3rd round pick. What if he has a whole bunch more to give than we think. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/devin-asiasi/32004153-4902-4038-a2e4-cae6370aa967

One "what if" is enough.

Not 3..

13 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

We might be sleeping on Tanner Hudson. I wouldn't bet on it but he was pretty good for the Giants last year. He had 10 catches on 15 targets for 132 yards, 13.2 average. 259 snaps for the Giants last year. He put up good stats at southern arkansas https://muleriderathletics.com/sport...er-hudson/2284. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z62SE5W-CRA.

I'm not saying he is something. But I don't think he is definitely nothing.

So your saying he's meh..

Pass on him Michael..

Kincaid would be fine as would several others. But he'll likely be gone by pick 60 and probably a reach at 28, given he's not a blocker. We could take a TE at 28, depending on who is on the board and how the rest of free agency has gone. But RT or CB are probably the value picks there. 

If you are bored. Hakeem Butler who had been transitioning to TE in the NFL is catching passes currently from AJ McCarron from the St Louis Battlehawks. Of course you have to be leery of the competition but he looks fantastic as a outside TE. He has 30 catches and 4 touchdowns in his first 5 games already. 

Their RB is Brian Hill who of course was here for a bit as the 4th RB.

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

If you are bored. Hakeem Butler who had been transitioning to TE in the NFL is catching passes currently from AJ McCarron from the St Louis Battlehawks. Of course you have to be leery of the competition but he looks fantastic as a outside TE. He has 30 catches and 4 touchdowns in his first 5 games already. 

Their RB is Brian Hill who of course was here for a bit as the 4th RB.

Good player hill originally played wit the falcons

18 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

FB_IMG_1679857134322.jpg

My only concern about Mayer is whether will he be dynamic at the NFL level, he doesn't seem overly athletic or dominant at any phase of the game...I feel like he will be over drafted and not overly productive or impactful on this level. He's not very fast (4.7/40), he's an average blocker, not exceptional after the catch...I see him as a solid but a not flashy type of player..like Kyle Rudolph. 

He's a local kid and will definitely be a solid player so I would not be upset if he took him in the first round, but I would rather an RT. 

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would prefer Washington as he's the best blocker and would have the biggest impact on the offense. Washington would improve the run game because of his blocking ability, he's an absolute road grader and should make any RB running behind or around him's life much easier. Also, he can help in the deep passing game if he stays in to block or chips a DE on his way to run a route. 

His impact on this outside of catching the ball is what excites me the most about Washington. 

44 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am entirely out on Washington. He is athletic in a straightline but watch any video on him. He is clunky when he moves and not a great athlete laterally. People have fallen in love with him and I just don't see it. 

Watching him protect Stetson Bennett and road-grade SEC talent for the last 2 seasons while winning back-to-back national championships is what won me over. He's basically an athletic OT that plays TE. He can catch and run pretty well for someone of his stature, which is what he should be compared to but that may be hard because he's such a unicorn. 

46 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't remember where I ready it but the Bengals are out on him too, something about they think he has slow feet.

He ran of the fastest times ever for someone of his weight, a 4.60/40 at 6'8" and 270 and his RAS is off the charts...

Athletically he's a once in generational talent and well worth the #28 overall pick, I would be shocked if he made it us to at 28. 

If you are watching this guy's game tape and don't fall in love then I question your football IQ. 

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

He ran of the fastest times ever for someone of his weight, a 4.60/40 at 6'8" and 270 and his RAS is off the charts...

Athletically he's a once in generational talent and well worth the #28 overall pick, I would be shocked if he made it us to at 28. 

If you are watching this guy's game tape and don't fall in love then I question your football IQ. 

Why would you draft a blocking TE in round 1? Thats what he is. That RAS doesn't translate to the field. 

Archived