OL Offseason 2023

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Not sure what point you think this proves. McCaffrey is a good RB but is also very expensive. Guys like Josh Jacobs or Miles Sanders outperformed him on their rookie contracts. 

You said the RB position has been devalued in the NFL. He is just one example of more than a few offenses which rely on the production of a good RB. It matters not what they cost.  

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I wouldn't call them solid at all. Adjustments were made to cover the biggest hole (bum RT) which had them flirting with average overall. Solid they were not, let alone good or championship caliber.

There's that ray of sunshine. 😆

19 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You said the RB position has been devalued in the NFL. He is just one example of more than a few offenses which rely on the production of a good RB. It matters not what they cost.  

It matters very much what they cost. Carolina had a record of 1-5 and averaged 17.2 points per game with McCaffrey and 6-5 and 22.2 ppg after they traded him and went to a committee of cheap RBs. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It matters very much what they cost. Carolina had a record of 1-5 and averaged 17.2 points per game with McCaffrey and 6-5 and 22.2 ppg after they traded him and went to a committee of cheap RBs. 

You by-passed the statement you made that the RB position has been devalued in the NFL. I have made two exception examples, and the only response is money.

If the bottom-line/final answer is "it's OK to have a committee of cheap RB's and still have a potent rushing attack", then cool. But don't say that running the ball effectively is now devalued in the NFL. It is not.   

On 3/10/2023 at 8:15 PM, claptonrocks said:

Your stats are wrong on McCaffery.

Get the real ones up to compare and we'll talk..

I CLEARLY said with the 49ers.  Unless you have some magical Stats that only you have access to.  You don't have an uncle named Rudi, do you??

31 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

You by-passed the statement you made that the RB position has been devalued in the NFL. I have made two exception examples, and the only response is money.

If the bottom-line/final answer is "it's OK to have a committee of cheap RB's and still have a potent rushing attack", then cool. But don't say that running the ball effectively is now devalued in the NFL. It is not.   

Yes, the position and the players at that position have been devalued. Teams don't run the ball on 60% of the plays or even 50% anymore. Teams don't need to pay up for a RB to get good production. Do you think Zeke Elliott is earning his current salary? Or was the Cowboys best RB last year Tony Pollard? 

The Bengals can easily replace Mixon's production with cheaper alternatives and should spend the money elsewhere. 

38 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I CLEARLY said with the 49ers.  Unless you have some magical Stats that only you have access to.  You don't have an uncle named Rudi, do you??

Point taken.

By providing his complete stats for the entire year as a comparison would have justified his value more..

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Very impressive, he will definitely be a guy who comes out of nowhere and gets drafted before guys from bigger schools. You can't teach the size and desire he shows out there. 

I didnt see his name in the top 300 player ratings.

If he's so good why is he a potential UDFA propect?

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Very impressive, he will definitely be a guy who comes out of nowhere and gets drafted before guys from bigger schools. You can't teach the size and desire he shows out there. 

What's so impressive about it? The runner is getting tackled behind him. Maybe he's a roadgrader and their RB didn't run behind him but also maybe he blocked the wrong guy.

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Players like this slip through the cracks each year - late round picks of UDFA that turn out. Look at that good RB (Pochinco ?) on KC, 7th rounder was he not?

And how about this guy?

https://sports.yahoo.com/6-quarterbacks-were-picked-tom-161136026.html#:~:text=Brady was taken by the,with the 199th pick overall.&text=The six quarterbacks drafted before,games and throw 258 touchdowns.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Players like this slip through the cracks each year - late round picks of UDFA that turn out. Look at that good RB (Pochinco ?) on KC, 7th rounder was he not?

exactly. Not EVERY discussion needs to be about a first or second round pick. Clearly that guy has been off draft talking head radars but is not off NFL team radars if Bengals have had a private workout with him and the Broncos have scheduled an official visit with him. Maybe some team, even this one, has a legit late round grade on him. Usually, that results in everyone on this and other boards screaming about WHAT ARE THEY DOING but worth noting the interest...

23 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I didnt see his name in the top 300 player ratings.

If he's so good why is he a potential UDFA propect?

I didn't know you had access to every NFL team's big board. The Broncos and Bengals clearly think enough of him to spend valuable resources like time and money to bring him in for an interview.

22 hours ago, sparky151 said:

What's so impressive about it? The runner is getting tackled behind him. Maybe he's a roadgrader and their RB didn't run behind him but also maybe he blocked the wrong guy.

You are talking about 1 play out of a whole game, I think most scouts are taking a deeper dive into his game tape than that. Rhodes played in the SEC and ACC for years before he played at Arkansas State. 

If this kid has 36-inch arms and an 87" wingspan and is good enough to play CFB at a high level against SEC, ACC, and Big Ten competition then he will be drafted and in some teams' camp this summer. 

7 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

For those that want him, Wright isn't going to last until pick 28 ...

I'm afraid you're right about Wright being gone by 28.  This who I have been wanting all along but likely will not happen.  He would have solidified the oline for the future I think.  Now just hope Jones is still there so they dont take a RB or TE in the first round.

Archived